Xxx big air intakes

Thread: Xxx big air intakes

Default Xxx big air intakes

Suggestions on cheapest site to get them from ?
    Also if you have these installed... did you notice a big difference over stock ?

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, XXX Big air intakes, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light, Blaze pin turn signals, led knight rider strip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Also if you have these installed... did you notice a big difference over stock ?
    I just checked Amazon, eBay, and MEANCYCLES, and the best price I found was eBay ($400.00) and MEANCYCLES ($399.00). I’ve never owned a set of those intakes, but I have heard/read from many who did I stall them on their 9 that they were very, very, very affective, and vastly improved the performance of their bikes. The style allows for a huge upgrade in air flow, which is half the battle in increasing performance. Cbxer55 will likely chime in here, and add his experience with the intakes, as he has them on his 06’ model 9. He loves them, and has even stated that he can hear the air being inhaled by the intakes.

I got mine used from ebay cheap. Had the ecu flashed never rode it without the flash runs really strong.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I see you are in Windsor. Try Fortnine, then you can bypass shipping and duty costs. You can also check your local dealer to special order them in because they may match or even beat Fortnine's price.

This is the model for the M109:
    https://fortnine.ca/en/baron-custom-...ck-ba-2381-00b

I have personally thought about this kit as well as the Cobra Powerflo, but I'm not entirely convinced there will be much improvement over my Duck style intakes.

Wow, that Fortnine price ($548.00) is much higher than the eBay and MEANCYCLES cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I have personally thought about this kit as well as the Cobra Powerflo, but I'm not entirely convinced there will be much improvement over my Duck style intakes.
    Sledge, what style of Ducks Intakes do you have? The XXX BIG AIR INTAKES are wide open, throughout the entire exposed structure of the intakes where air could/would be inhaled through the air filters. Combined with either a FULL ECU FLASH, PARTIAL ECU FLASH & Fuel Manager, or just a good Fuel Manager, those XXX BIG AIR INTAKES are very likely going to produce better performance-results than probably any style Ducks Intakes.

I had a set of Ducks Intakes made by Shane for my 06’ model 9 (the style with the big M109R cutout in the middle), along with a Cobra Fuel Tuner, and it was a definite improvement over my stock intakes. However, I upgraded the intakes again, when I purchased a new set of Thunder Tornado Intakes from MEANCYCLES. I clearly and immediately noticed a night from day difference in my bike’s performance with the addition of the Tornado Intakes. It is my belief that the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES allow even more air flow than my Tornado Intakes, which I currently have on both my 07’ and 08’ model 9s. For that reason, on my 14’ model 9, I’m going with a set of Performance Machine “GASSER” style Contrast Cut Intakes. They are the same exact, wide-open style intakes as the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES. With them, I hope to get the best air flow for performance possible, or at least an improved performance over my Tornado Intakes. Along with a FULL ECU FLASH performed, the bike should perform very strong...I hope. Plus, those “GASSER” intakes are purposely made to match the “GASSER” Contrast Cut wheels I’m going to put on that 14’ model.

Plus the internal plate that bolts onto the stock back plate turns the internal hole that leads up to the upper airbox into a velocity stack. And it blocks off the lower intake hole so you don't need to plug it with something else.

I had a set of the old Raw Design? Big Airs on my bike prior to switching to these, so I cannot say if the difference from stock to these is huge. Did notice a difference going from the smaller Big Airs to the xXx Big airs though. And yes, they are loud! Even idling, a nice loud hiss can be heard. They are actually louder than my Cobra Tri Pro when I get on it hard. And my Tri Pro has gotten louder in the 10 years I've had it. Love the combination.

First pic of my silver is the old Big Airs I had on it for several years. I believe I had them til 2015, when I got the LA Choppers xXx kit. I also installed them on a friends 06, which is stock other than the xXx kit. The blurple one in the pics. He said he could feel a difference, as well as hear them since his still has the stock exhaust.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010004_zpsfbz0ka8p.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	67.7 KB 
ID:	386786   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010007-2.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	90.4 KB 
ID:	386780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3937.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	386782   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3936.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	82.9 KB 
ID:	386784  
    Last edited by cbxer55; 02-12-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Sledge, what style of Ducks Intakes do you have? The XXX BIG AIR INTAKES are wide open, throughout the entire exposed structure of the intakes where air could/would be inhaled through the air filters. Combined with either a FULL ECU FLASH, PARTIAL ECU FLASH & Fuel Manager, or just a good Fuel Manager, those XXX BIG AIR INTAKES are very likely going to produce better performance-results than probably any style Ducks Intakes.

I had a set of Ducks Intakes made by Shane for my 06’ model 9 (the style with the big M109R cutout in the middle), along with a Cobra Fuel Tuner, and it was a definite improvement over my stock intakes. However, I upgraded the intakes again, when I purchased a new set of Thunder Tornado Intakes from MEANCYCLES. I clearly and immediately noticed a night from day difference in my bike’s performance with the addition of the Tornado Intakes. It is my belief that the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES allow even more air flow than my Tornado Intakes, which I currently have on both my 07’ and 08’ model 9s. For that reason, on my 14’ model 9, I’m going with a set of Performance Machine “GASSER” style Contrast Cut Intakes. They are the same exact, wide-open style intakes as the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES. With them, I hope to get the best air flow for performance possible, or at least an improved performance over my Tornado Intakes. Along with a FULL ECU FLASH performed, the bike should perform very strong...I hope. Plus, those “GASSER” intakes are purposely made to match the “GASSER” Contrast Cut wheels I’m going to put on that 14’ model.

I'd like to see those. I could see changing intakes again. LMAO!!

Never mind. I looked. Nice, but I'll keep the xXx. Just not my style.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member DutchM1800R2's Avatar

Wow, that Fortnine price ($548.00) is much higher than the eBay and MEANCYCLES cost.
    It's a Canadian site, prices are in Canadian dollars. That 549 comes to about US$ 415,- .. so not far from the MC/eBay price. Figure shipping/customs and he's probably better off getting it in Canada.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I'd like to see those. I could see changing intakes again. LMAO!!

Never mind. I looked. Nice, but I'll keep the xXx. Just not my style.
    Your bike looks great Bro. You have transformed it very well, over the years. My 14’ model on the other hand, is practically stock, with the exception of the exhaust and V-Stream Smoked Windscreen. So, I basically have a blank M109R canvas to work with...for the third time. I love the Black Contrast Cut look, so I’m going to do the entire bike in that theme. I still have a long way to go with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by DutchM1800R2 View Post
    It's a Canadian site, prices are in Canadian dollars. That 549 comes to about US$ 415,- .. so not far from the MC/eBay price. Figure shipping/customs and he's probably better off getting it in Canada.
    Thanks for that clarification Dutch. I definitely thought he was referring to U.S. dollars. You’re right, he’d be much better off purchasing them in Canada.

Your bike looks great Bro. You have transformed it very well, over the years. My 14’ model on the other hand, is practically stock, with the exception of the exhaust and V-Stream Smoked Windscreen. So, I basically have a blank M109R canvas to work with...for the third time. I love the Black Contrast Cut look, so I’m going to do the entire bike in that theme. I still have a long way to go with this one.

I still need to break down and spend the money on the signals. Flatz in the front, Stealth rear. I may get that done this year. We'll see.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

I still need to break down and spend the money on the signals. Flatz in the front, Stealth rear. I may get that done this year. We'll see.
    I’m almost certain you would love the quality, brightness, and sleek-look those two items would bring to your bike. They’re worth every bit of money it costs to acquire them...which is not really that much at all.

I’m almost certain you would love the quality, brightness, and sleek-look those two items would bring to your bike. They’re worth every bit of money it costs to acquire them...which is not really that much at all.
    I had intended on doing it last year. But got a deal on a Magnum Powers blower for my Lightning that I just couldn't pass up. And then spent a few weeks with my head under the hood putting it on, and doing some other things while the blower was out of the way. So this year, it could happen. I'm pretty much done with the Lightning as far as what I want it to be. The M109R will forever be a work-in-progress. My B-King, there just isn't much to be done to that except ride the hell out of it.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking...

I already have a full BCS flash.

These are mine, I did them myself. I have a K&N filter inside. The big hole in the back is blocked off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4688.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	386816

ok, thanks for the help guys... did not realize fortnine sold them. Definitely cheaper with exchange rate, shipping and duty costs. These will go well with my velocity pro and flashed ECU
    Last edited by Loki; 02-12-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, XXX Big air intakes, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light, Blaze pin turn signals, led knight rider strip.

I had intended on doing it last year. But got a deal on a Magnum Powers blower for my Lightning that I just couldn't pass up. And then spent a few weeks with my head under the hood putting it on, and doing some other things while the blower was out of the way. So this year, it could happen. I'm pretty much done with the Lightning as far as what I want it to be. The M109R will forever be a work-in-progress. My B-King, there just isn't much to be done to that except ride the hell out of it.
    Be like Nike Bro, and “Just Do It.” You’ll be very glad you did!!!😁👍👍👍😁

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    Hmmmm, now you've got me thinking...

I already have a full BCS flash.

These are mine, I did them myself. I have a K&N filter inside. The big hole in the back is blocked off.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_4688.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	98.0 KB 
ID:	386816
    Your self-made Ducks style Covers look very nice Sledge. You did a great job. However, just the shape and style of yours doesn’t seem as if they allow for the same level of air flow you would get from the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES. Also, to quote Cbxer55, “The internal plate that bolts onto the stock back plate turns the internal hole that leads up to the upper airbox into a velocity stack. And it blocks off the lower intake hole so you don't need to plug it with something else.” This feature seems to be a huge dynamic as to why the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES vastly improve air flow.

ok, thanks for the help guys... did not realize fortnine sold them. Definitely cheaper with exchange rate, shipping and duty costs. These will go well with me velocity pro and flashed ECU
    Loki, you’ll likely have to get your ECU Re-flashed if/when you change out your intakes...especially because there’s going to be a significant increase in air flow.

Loki, you’ll likely have to get your ECU Re-flashed if/when you change out your intakes...especially because there’s going to be a significant increase in air flow.
    I had the ECU flashed with intent on having the new intakes. Currently using K&N.. She runs a little rich with out the aftermarket intakes

I had the ECU flashed with intent on having the new intakes. Currently using K&N.. She runs a little rich with out the aftermarket intakes
    Good deal Bro. So, all you need to do now is purchase the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES. Please be sure to let us know if you notice a difference in performance after you install them.

Good deal Bro. So, all you need to do now is purchase the XXX BIG AIR INTAKES. Please be sure to let us know if you notice a difference in performance after you install them.
    will do. I’ll use the GoPro to video a before and after.

will do. I’ll use the GoPro to video a before and after.
    Great idea Bro. I can’t wait to hear from you.😊👍👍👍😊

Very Active Member

I was torn between another set of Tornados, the XXX Big Air and Cobra PowrFlo intakes. I almost went with the XXX Big Air because I knew that was a proven combination. Now I'm thinking about the XXX Big Air again, but would be hard to give up the look of the PowrFlos, I've also got a full BCS flash and couldn't be happier with the way it runs. Would be interesting to see at what point the intakes themselves stop being a factor and the stock tubes to the airbox become the choke point.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 02-14-2020 at 09:51 AM.

I definitely like the look of the Xxx big air intakes. I will either be going with those or Ducks modified covers.
    (Sold) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Totaled ) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    I was torn between another set of Tornados, the XXX Big Air and Cobra PowrFlo intakes. I almost went with the XXX Big Air because I knew that was a proven combination. Now I'm thinking about the XXX Big Air again, but would be hard to give up the look of the PowrFlos, I've also got a full BCS flash and couldn't be happier with the way it runs. Would be interesting to see at what point the intakes themselves stop being a factor and the stock tubes to the airbox become the choke point.
    There's always the under tank air filter arrangement. You ditch those tubes, but now the filters are sucking in HOT air, rather than the cold air the side mount filters inhale. May be 6-of-one, half-dozen-of-the-other. But I prefer the look of the filters on the side. One could put some tubes on the outside, blowing some cold air up under the tank. It's been done. But then, you still end up with something on the side. Which defeats the purpose most go with the under tank filters, to "clean up the sides".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01854.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	91.6 KB 
ID:	386824   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01856.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	386826  
    Last edited by cbxer55; 02-14-2020 at 12:55 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member

There's always the under tank air filter arrangement. You ditch those tubes, but now the filters are sucking in HOT air, rather than the cold air the side mount filters inhale. May be 6-of-one, half-dozen-of-the-other. But I prefer the look lf the filters on the side.

I agree, I'd rather be sucking in a little less cool air than a bunch of hot air, and I like the look of the intakes on the outside too. I'm just wondering where the breaking point is with the air filter/intake size vs the intake duct diameter. Even if you have tubes directing outside air under the tank, that would only work when you're moving.
    Last edited by Kratos109; 02-14-2020 at 01:01 PM.