New F1 question

Thread: New F1 question

Default New F1 question

I realize this has been hashed out a couple of times now. But all threads contain links to unavailable photos of the jumper and such.

I have let my 2012 M109R sit for much longer than I have in the past. (Months). Went to the shed to run the bike and the 8yr old battery was done. Got new battery, fully charged it and installed it. Upon starting all the normal buzzes and noises. Bike cranked for a bit but would not start. The F1 light came on and the right hand lcd screen says F1 as well. The bike won’t run but will crank and crank. I would like to pull the left cover off and use the jumper to read the code but every thread is old enough it appears that the links to photos of this process have expired.
    Any help would be appreciated before I haul it to the dealer near me. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Just as the other articles showed at one point in their life(dang photobucket). On the left side (kickstand side) Behind the cover is a white six pin plug covered with a rubber grommet. Romove the grommet and with the clip up as pictured, connect the top right and bottom right pins together with a wire, paper clip, or whatever you have on hand.

Copied from JC's post...
    "Turn the bike ignition on - there is no need to start the bike. The FI code will display in the odometer box. C##. Look up our FI error code in the manual, or call Suzuki with the number, and then you'll know what's up with the FI.

Now, another tip about the FI code in the odometer box using the "special tool". When you look into the odometer box and see the code, e.g. C46 (EXCVA - exhaust control valve), just to the left of the code will be a hash mark. That represents the position of the throttle open percentage/position. If you then open up your throttle, the hash mark will move up screen to represent the increasing open position of the throttle. If it is moving appropriately, that is supposed to mean that your throttle is working ok."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	386732   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	13 
Size:	53.8 KB 
ID:	386734  
    Last edited by Frotosride; 1 Week Ago at 10:03 PM.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

I'm doubt these have changed at all but these are for a k6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	10 
Size:	59.1 KB 
ID:	386736   Click image for larger version. 

Views:	9 
Size:	65.1 KB 
ID:	386738   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	386740   Click image for larger version. 

Size:	74.8 KB 
ID:	386742  
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default F1 lights

Here is the info in a pdf :)

https://www.filehosting.org/file/det...ht%20codes.pdf

Hope it helps..

Andy