Cobra Swept with K&N Air filter only

Thread: Cobra Swept with K&N Air filter only

Default Cobra Swept with K&N Air filter only

Hello

I know this question has been raised many times, but still i can't find one solid answer for it

currently i have a cobra swept on my 2013 M109R and XTRE, can install K&N filter only or i need to have a fuel management?

and if yes i can does it improve the performance or it is pointless?

the dealer here in UAE told me yes you can and it will improve the performance however some forums/articles are saying no

any advice will be appreciated

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I would do fuel management personally. Either a PC or similar or get your ECU mapped. My suggestion would be to hit up BCS and have him map your ecu. I know you said your from the UAE, so shipping might be a hassle, but outside of that it’s the way to go.

Very Active Member

I read that the first time that you already had the filter too, now I see that’s not the case. Add the filter and fuel management.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If your bikes come from the factory with o2 sensors you may get away with doing both but the maps will only support what the factory set as limits. With that being said, you will definitely not get all the performance gains possible and you will surely get a lot of popping on deceleration. The fuel cut upon throttle lift will be more noticeable and heard better by the exhaust popping louder than what you likely already have with just pipes.

Absolutely do some kind of fuel management even if it's just a piggy back and not a reflash of the ECU.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Once you start on the 'mods' road you need to continue going forward. The rule of thumb is that if you replace both air filters and pipes, you should get some form of fuel management. In reality fuel management will gain results without pipe and filter replacement, especially with a smoother running engine with added performance.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    In reality fuel management will gain results without pipe and filter replacement, especially with a smoother running engine with added performance.
    Adding more fuel though a catalytic converter (stock exhaust) will result in a much hotter exhaust due the cat working overtime and eventually to the failure of the cat converter.

Using something with static maps to mildly tune specific areas or the entire fuel map set may be just fine, but using something like a Cobra Power Pro that pours on fuel during acceleration is not the best idea with a stock exhaust that has a cat converter.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by ayman.shaalan View Post
    Hello

I know this question has been raised many times, but still i can't find one solid answer for it

currently i have a cobra swept on my 2013 M109R and XTRE, can install K&N filter only or i need to have a fuel management?

and if yes i can does it improve the performance or it is pointless?

the dealer here in UAE told me yes you can and it will improve the performance however some forums/articles are saying no

any advice will be appreciated
    I bought a 2018 brand new left over the beginning of last year and first thing I did was cobra swept and power commander, runs like a dream