Not worth the time anymore?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Not worth the time anymore?

Default Not worth the time anymore?

Discovered the M90/M109 later last year. My searches of various things have landed me here many times. However, it seems to be a ghost town lately. Is there somewhere else owners gather, or is this place just best left as a reference? I hate facebook and reddit, so I tend to stick to forums, but they seem to be dead.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Most ppl are on facebook forums now. That's where you'll find most of your info these days.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Tumble weeds been blowing thru here since 2014...
    Stav

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm late to the party as usual...

The best time to use this forum was probably about 10 years ago when this bike was still new and exciting to everyone -- it is sorely outdated and I find myself checking constantly to see if something new is in the works... I'll just keep waiting..
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

While it may be slow at times, it's still better than fakebook. I've briefly joined fb, never will again. And fb is not a forum, btw.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 01-25-2020 at 12:18 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Its true there is a lot more "Activity" on FB, and there are a few guys on FB that will actually try and help you out who know what they are talking about.

But in most cases you have to take what you hear on FB with a grain of salt.
    Lots of guys repeating "things they heard" and not actually telling you things they "know".
    And any question you post on FB has a 100% chance of getting at least one if not multiple smart-a$$ remarks, instead of an answer or some actual help to your question.

This forum is hands down the place to get decent information about the M109R.
    14 years of archives stored here to search through as well......give that a try on FB.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 01-24-2020 at 12:30 PM.

Far as I know, you can't even do a search on faceplant. And topics don't stay at the top when new posts are added, they just keep sinking out of sight. I was there for a brief couple months. Didn't like what I saw. Deleted everything and split. This as like 2010 or so. I'll never go back.

I've had my M109R, rebadged as a M1800R, for 13 years. Not planning on selling it anytime soon. As long as I have it, I'll be here.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 01-24-2020 at 01:00 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Far as I know, you can't even do a search on faceplant. And topics don't stay at the top when new posts are added, they just keep sinking out of sight. I was there for a brief couple months. Didn't like what I saw. Deleted everything and split. This as like 2010 or so. I'll never go back.
    Individual groups on FB do have a search feature and it will get you to certain post if you know key words that were used in that post.
    But it's not very intuitive......nothing like the Forum.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Its true there is a lot more "Activity" on FB, and there are a few guys on FB that will actually try and help you out who know what they are talking about.

But in most cases you have to take what you hear on FB with a grain of salt.
    Lots of guys repeating "things they heard" and not actually telling you things they "know".
    And any question you post on FB has a 100% chance of getting at least one if not multiple smart-a$$ remarks, instead of an answer or some actual help to your question.

This forum is hands down the place to get decent information about the M109R.
    14 years of archives stored here to search through as well......give that a try on FB.

BCS
    For better or worse, I bought a 2009 M90 last weekend. Seemed like the more practical choice being that I last owned a motorcycle around 2008/2009. There doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much on that versus the M109R, though.

While it may be slow at times, it's still better than fakebook. I've never joined fb, and never will. And fb is not a forum, btw.

I've had my M109R, rebadged as a M1800R, for 13 years. Not planning on selling it anytime soon. As long as I have it, I'll be here.
    One post you say you've never joined, then you say you have. And this was 10 years ago. So you think in 10 years, nothing has changed? It's fine if you don't care for it, but don't put it down if you have no idea what it's like now. It's a good way to communicate and it's certainly more active then this ghost town which is why there is a lack of traffic here. This was an awesome forum at one time, but like everything, things change over time. I held out myself joining FB for a long time (only 5 years now), but mainly joined for the communication of friends and activities. I still check in here regularly, mostly read over posting these days unless I see something of interest.

And if FB doesn't have forums, what would you call all the sections ppl belong to and post in? And there is a search feature there.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    For better or worse, I bought a 2009 M90 last weekend. Seemed like the more practical choice being that I last owned a motorcycle around 2008/2009. There doesn't seem to be anywhere near as much on that versus the M109R, though.
    What made you go with the M90 over the 109?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    What made you go with the M90 over the 109?
    Better selection in my budget, and seemed like the better choice for someone getting back into riding. I can always upgrade if I feel the need.

Most ppl are on facebook forums now. That's where you'll find most of your info these days.
    You do mean incorrect info right?
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Lol yeah! But that happens here as well.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

So to the OP's question - I have noticed in my few short years here the forum does slow down dramatically during "winter months" (for those who have non-riding months), but then picks up rather suddenly as the snow melts. I use this forum as my primary resource for '9 info gathering and sharing, personally.

As for FB - I don't use that thing AT ALL and frankly can't stand the idea of it, but I keep hearing that all the chatter has moved over to it... so, reluctantly, I should probably take a look. As mentioned, it has not been my experience when I briefly tried it out many years ago, that detailed searches for specific information was nearly as convenient - if at all even possible. Maybe things are different now.

So what groups/Books/whatever the f FB calls them... do you guys recommend for active interesting relevant M109R info?

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    The best time to use this forum was probably about 10 years ago when this bike was still new and exciting to everyone -- it is sorely outdated and I find myself checking constantly to see if something new is in the works... I'll just keep waiting..
    WOW, long time since I have seen you post. Hope things are well.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

While it may be slow at times, it's still better than fakebook. I've briefly joined fb, never will again. And fb is not a forum, btw.
    I agree with you, it is FAR from a forum. Every post is in one group and there are no sub-groups. New posts do not bump it up. I could post something and the next day it is 40 pages back for no reason.
    Last edited by rynosback; 01-25-2020 at 08:11 PM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    So to the OP's question - I have noticed in my few short years here the forum does slow down dramatically during "winter months" (for those who have non-riding months), but then picks up rather suddenly as the snow melts. I use this forum as my primary resource for '9 info gathering and sharing, personally.

As for FB - I don't use that thing AT ALL and frankly can't stand the idea of it, but I keep hearing that all the chatter has moved over to it... so, reluctantly, I should probably take a look. As mentioned, it has not been my experience when I briefly tried it out many years ago, that detailed searches for specific information was nearly as convenient - if at all even possible. Maybe things are different now.

So what groups/Books/whatever the f FB calls them... do you guys recommend for active interesting relevant M109R info?

https://www.facebook.com/groups/209694252391978/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/210409459038633/

These are the 2 best FB groups for the M109R and these are run by regulars you see here on the forum.

I like the facebook groups, and you can search them, but it is still easier to find information on this forum. If I have serious questions, I'll always ask them here.

These are the 2 best FB groups for the M109R and these are run by regulars you see here on the forum.
    Lol sparky, those were the 2 I was going to post as well.

Lol sparky, those were the 2 I was going to post as well.

Of course, but you had to recuse yourself from posting so you did not look bias, due to being one of the Big Dogs.

BCS

One post you say you've never joined, then you say you have. And this was 10 years ago. So you think in 10 years, nothing has changed? It's fine if you don't care for it, but don't put it down if you have no idea what it's like now. It's a good way to communicate and it's certainly more active then this ghost town which is why there is a lack of traffic here. This was an awesome forum at one time, but like everything, things change over time. I held out myself joining FB for a long time (only 5 years now), but mainly joined for the communication of friends and activities. I still check in here regularly, mostly read over posting these days unless I see something of interest.

And if FB doesn't have forums, what would you call all the sections ppl belong to and post in? And there is a search feature there.
    Generally, I don't like to admit I was ever stupid enough to join fb. So I therefore always say I have never joined. Once in a while, I slip up, as I did here. LMAO!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Thanks!

Of course, but you had to recuse yourself from posting so you did not look bias, due to being one of the Big Dogs.

BCS
    LOL nope, small fish in a big pond

Generally, I don't like to admit I was ever stupid enough to join fb. So I therefore always say I have never joined. Once in a while, I slip up, as I did here. LMAO!
    Na, I wouldn't call you stupid. It's not for everyone. There is a lot of stupid **** ppl post, I'll give ya that. I just scroll on by.

Na, I wouldn't call you stupid. It's not for everyone. There is a lot of stupid **** ppl post, I'll give ya that. I just scroll on by.
    We're still riding the same nines. Got to give us something for that.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

We're still riding the same nines. Got to give us something for that.
    Yes sir!!

Very Active Member

This forum is dead because the new owners are too damn stupid to be able to deal with the username issues. Many of the old members, myself included, tried to get back in and it was nothing but a headache. I used the wife's account to let them know, and the idiots reset the password for her account. That ended up locking her out. I had to create a new user just to get on but that took the wind out of my sale and I literally come on here once every 6 months now. I was told of a bike with a bad second gear for sale and that is the only reason I logged in.
    Formerly known as BigpapaM109

Default upgrade ???

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Better selection in my budget, and seemed like the better choice for someone getting back into riding. I can always upgrade if I feel the need.
    have you felt like you should have bought 109 yet im looking to downsize to 90 just bought 07 109 and its not what i want...

Quote Originally Posted by Smarkwilson View Post
    have you felt like you should have bought 109 yet im looking to downsize to 90 just bought 07 109 and its not what i want...
    Can't say yet, have not ridden it except to move it to where it is now stored for the rest of the winter.