Dual intake air breather spear head style

Thread: Dual intake air breather spear head style

Default Dual intake air breather spear head style

I just installed this and it looks like crap I was hoping each side would be symmetric. I had to take crash bar off one side so the damn thing would fit ... is there any way to make these even with each other?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbyizzle View Post
    I just installed this and it looks like crap I was hoping each side would be symmetric. I had to take crash bar off one side so the damn thing would fit ... is there any way to make these even with each other?
    Hello Bobby,

Unfortunately, I donít believe thereís anything you can do to make them symmetric. Thereís only one spear-style set of intakes for the M109R that I know are symmetrical, and they are the Thunder Tornado Intakes. Every other style I know of are going to be off/uneven from one side to the other. I had a set of Kuryakyn Hyper Charger intakes years ago, and I got rid of them because they were not symmetric. That just drove me crazy, and I hated looking at them, knowing they were uneven. I currently have the Thunder Tornados on two of my 9s, and I absolutely love them. However, on my third 9 Iím going to have to go with a different set of intakes, because I donít believe the Thunder Tornados are available any longer.

Good look with your endeavors,
    Bobby

I believe there is a "cheap" kit and some more expensive ones. The cheap one, yup, it hits the crash bar and they are asymmetric. The more expensive ones are symmetrical.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Hello Bobby,

Unfortunately, I donít believe thereís anything you can do to make them symmetric. Thereís only one spear-style set of intakes for the M109R that I know are symmetrical, and they are the Thunder Tornado Intakes. Every other style I know of are going to be off/uneven from one side to the other. I had a set of Kuryakyn Hyper Charger intakes years ago, and I got rid of them because they were not symmetric. That just drove me crazy, and I hated looking at them, knowing they were uneven. I currently have the Thunder Tornados on two of my 9s, and I absolutely love them. However, on my third 9 Iím going to have to go with a different set of intakes, because I donít believe the Thunder Tornados are available any longer.

Good look with your endeavors,
    Bobby

If you haven't checked with JC at Mean Cycles lately, you may want to. I was considering the Tornados last summer and asked if they were still available. He said Thunder MFG was no longer in business, but the owner would still make certain things specifically for Mean Cycles. I was able to get the Thunder intake adapters and install the Cobra PowrFlo intakes, those are the adapters that allow the intakes to be symmetrical. Not sure if this is till the case, but worth asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos109 View Post
    If you haven't checked with JC at Mean Cycles lately, you may want to. I was considering the Tornados last summer and asked if they were still available. He said Thunder MFG was no longer in business, but the owner would still make certain things specifically for Mean Cycles. I was able to get the Thunder intake adapters and install the Cobra PowrFlo intakes, those are the adapters that allow the intakes to be symmetrical. Not sure if this is till the case, but worth asking.
    Yes, Iím aware of that Kratos. I had inquired about that with J.C. some time ago. However, I didnít know if that option was still available or not. Iím strongly thinking about going with the chrome Cobra PowrFlo Intakes on my 14í model 9. They are sweet, and a good look for the 9. But, Iím going to put a twist to them, once I receive them.

The LA Choppers intakes on mine are symmetrical. I love the old school style open element filters myself. Plus they are LOUD! I'll go out on a limb and say I hear the intake more than the exhaust with the Cobra Tri Pro exhaust I have. It kind of hisses when idling, and just flat out roars when you're into it hard. I love it!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_3937.jpg†
Views:	26†
Size:	60.3 KB†
ID:	386548
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

I almost bought a cheaper set and now I'm glad I didn't! Not being symmetrical would drive me crazy! I think I'm going to try and fab up an aluminum intake tube up to the air box and go from there.
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_20200131_154502.jpg†
Views:	25†
Size:	58.1 KB†
ID:	386616Click image for larger version.†

Name:	IMG_20200128_191237.jpg†
Views:	24†
Size:	103.3 KB†
ID:	386618

I moved the crash bar forward a tad and bought smaller filters for the cheap intake.
    2019 Suzuki m109r B.O.S.S
    2001 Yamaha FZ1
    2011 Hyundai Sonata
    2007 Ford Expedition
    1994 Lowe 160