Weird noise coming from the fuel pump(?)

Thread: Weird noise coming from the fuel pump(?)

Default Weird noise coming from the fuel pump(?)

Hey everybody,

My dad was recently working on his bike, 2008 M109R. He bought the Cobra speedster swept exhaust, new air filters, power commander and new clutch plates. He installed pretty much everything all by himself. Today, we uploaded a map to the PC, and then we started the bike. Right away we could hear a very weird noise coming from below the fuel tank. We thought we forgot to connect one of the connectors, or maybe forgot the screw something in. We double checked everything and the noise is still there. I uploaded the stock map to the PC, but that did not help. We also noticed that the FI light has come on, not sure if its related to this issue. I've heard it might be because of the new exhaust.

https://imgur.com/a/hrujSJm We noticed that if we disconnect this little black thing, the noise stops. We have no idea what it does.
    Here is a link if you want to listen to the noise it makes https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=027O...ature=youtu.be

We are not sure what is making this sound, all we know is that its coming from under the fuel tank. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I might be wrong, but isnt that the throttle body servo? It might need to be resynced if it can be of course.
    2019 Suzuki m109r B.O.S.S
    2001 Yamaha FZ1
    2011 Hyundai Sonata
    2007 Ford Expedition
    1994 Lowe 160

Quote Originally Posted by VZR B.o.s.s View Post
    I might be wrong, but isnt that the throttle body servo? It might need to be resynced if it can be of course.
    Can't find anything about resyncing the servo in the manual. Any ideas how to fix that?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I guess I'm missing the noise. The video isn't long enough. If you think it's coming from under the tank, have you lifted it back up to check to be sure all is connected as it should be?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

No clue... I'm only a month into this 9 thing

I do know on alot of car and trucks it works like

Key on, full throttle, no throttle, full, none and full and off then key off
    or
    Full throttle and hold then key on key off key on key off

It can be any number of sequences depending on the make

If I were you I would call a dealer or MC service shop and see if you could pick their brain a little

Or try to unhook the battery, wait 15 mins then hook the battery leads together and wait another 15 20 mins, then hook the battery up again. Sometimes that will set the ECU back into relearn mode.
    Last edited by VZR B.o.s.s; 01-28-2020 at 10:22 PM.
    2019 Suzuki m109r B.O.S.S
    2001 Yamaha FZ1
    2011 Hyundai Sonata
    2007 Ford Expedition
    1994 Lowe 160