Not worth the time anymore? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Not worth the time anymore?

Not sure if anyone cares, but here are some pics of what I got.

Bought at a dealer in PA, this was one of their website photos:

Shrink wrapped for the ride home. Had to re-apply a few times, but it mostly did the trick:

Before being moved for storage. Back rest, mirrors, seats, and battery were removed and taken home. Currently being stored under a cover, with a tarp over it, outside - best I could do for now:

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

That's a beautiful bike. I had the exact same one with the same color. My wife and I loved it. Unfortunately I was involved in an accident two summers ago and it was written off or we'd still have it. For accessories I had a windshield, passenger floorboards, engine guards, backrest with luggage rack, saddlebags, and nice new ISO grips. I'm sure there are some that I'm forgetting. Although there are not many posts in the M90 forum post away and someone will answer. I have a M109 now, but still miss the M90. It was no slouch, that's for sure.

congrats on your new ride.. looks good.

I agree this site has slowed down some but still has lots of useful information.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.

(Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    WOW, long time since I have seen you post. Hope things are well.
    Thing's are very well my friend, I hope you are doing good too! Life has sure been interesting in the last few years, had a kid, bought a house, have another kid on the way --- but I am still at least able to keep a couple of nice bikes in the garage!
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

Thanks to all who have contributed! My last bike was a 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 that I sold around 10 years ago. I didn't even know the Boulevard M-series existed at that time. Don't think I had/have ever seen one in person before recently, and in a shop. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

To anyone who migrated to the M-series from a sport-type bike, how long did it take you do get used to the forward controls versus the straight down controls? In the short time I rode the bike a few hundred feet the other day, I found my legs looking straight down for the pegs instead of forward. I rode my brother's Victory 8-Ball some years ago and had the same issue. Just feels weird going forward but I know I have to adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by RicoChet View Post
    Thing's are very well my friend, I hope you are doing good too! Life has sure been interesting in the last few years, had a kid, bought a house, have another kid on the way --- but I am still at least able to keep a couple of nice bikes in the garage!
    Glad to hear that life is treating you well.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Dagwood View Post
    Thanks to all who have contributed! My last bike was a 2001 Suzuki Katana 600 that I sold around 10 years ago. I didn't even know the Boulevard M-series existed at that time. Don't think I had/have ever seen one in person before recently, and in a shop. Maybe I just wasn't paying attention.

To anyone who migrated to the M-series from a sport-type bike, how long did it take you do get used to the forward controls versus the straight down controls? In the short time I rode the bike a few hundred feet the other day, I found my legs looking straight down for the pegs instead of forward. I rode my brother's Victory 8-Ball some years ago and had the same issue. Just feels weird going forward but I know I have to adjust.
    Dagwood, what you’re experiencing with the placement of the Foot pegs is normal coming from having been a sport bike rider. I remember feeling and thinking the same way you are, when I bought my first M109R while still owning and riding my 07’ Kawasaki ZX-14R. Until that time, I had only ridden sport bikes all of my life. That tendency/habit will go away, and it will happen much sooner if you ride your M90 frequently.

Default Ghost Town

I am still active on here I get alerts from time to time and respond when I can. Congrats on your 109. I have a 2006 that I love to death. Recently go all steel braid cable and brake lines installed. It's in now to have a new rear tire put on Dunlop E3 Elite 250/40 18. Welcome

Default Nice Ride

Beautiful Blue Beast !!! I have an original 2006 Silver with the Special Edition Leather Jacket.
    Not sure if anyone cares, but here are some pics of what I got.

Bought at a dealer in PA, this was one of their website photos:

Shrink wrapped for the ride home. Had to re-apply a few times, but it mostly did the trick:

Before being moved for storage. Back rest, mirrors, seats, and battery were removed and taken home. Currently being stored under a cover, with a tarp over it, outside - best I could do for now:

Quote Originally Posted by Rawnzilla View Post
    I am still active on here I get alerts from time to time and respond when I can. Congrats on your 109. I have a 2006 that I love to death. Recently go all steel braid cable and brake lines installed. It's in now to have a new rear tire put on Dunlop E3 Elite 250/40 18. Welcome
    If my understanding is correct, the OP (Dagwood) does not have an M109R. He has an M90, as depicted in the pics he posted.

Before I bought the Nine in 06, my wife had a M50. I had ridden it several times. Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Today, I have both the Nine and a 08 B-King. And I can get off one and ride the other with no problems at all. Also the Nine hasa cable clutch compared to the hydraulic clutch on the King. Also presents no problems for me, even though they both feel totally different.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010006.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	64.8 KB 
ID:	386542   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010008.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	386544  
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Dagwood, what you’re experiencing with the placement of the Foot pegs is normal coming from having been a sport bike rider. I remember feeling and thinking the same way you are, when I bought my first M109R while still owning and riding my 07’ Kawasaki ZX-14R. Until that time, I had only ridden sport bikes all of my life. That tendency/habit will go away, and it will happen much sooner if you ride your M90 frequently.
    Good to know, and thanks for the info. Planning to ride it frequently once I'm able to start riding it.

Thanks.

Beautiful Blue Beast !!! I have an original 2006 Silver with the Special Edition Leather Jacket.
    Thanks. I looked at 2006 Silver M109R but didn't care for the modifications done to it, and the seller had horrible communication.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    If my understanding is correct, the OP (Dagwood) does not have an M109R. He has an M90, as depicted in the pics he posted.
    Correct.

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Before I bought the Nine in 06, my wife had a M50. I had ridden it several times. Yeah, it takes some getting used to. Today, I have both the Nine and a 08 B-King. And I can get off one and ride the other with no problems at all. Also the Nine hasa cable clutch compared to the hydraulic clutch on the King. Also presents no problems for me, even though they both feel totally different.
    Glad to hear the same from another person. I'm sure I'll get used to it before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post
    Tumble weeds been blowing thru here since 2014...

Well... I can say that I haven't been on here since 2014!
    Still have my bike and still love it! (just don't ride it enough)
    Good to see that all the guys that helped me out when I first got my bike are still active and chiming in.
    Bernie, Bigpapa, futurR, rynosback, cbxer55, JUDAH-9... just to name a few!
    This is still a great forum!
    Full of lots of valuable information and experience!
    Keep up the great work guys.. helping those in need!

Too much to list!! But worth it!