Can you still flash your ECU if you already have a PC-V installed?

Thread: Can you still flash your ECU if you already have a PC-V installed?

Default Can you still flash your ECU if you already have a PC-V installed?

Wondering if all possible and benefits?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yes, you can run a ECU Flash and still piggy back the PCV for fuel managment if you have a custom dyno tuned map fuel map already. If you are just running a download map on you PCV then I would recomend pulling it off and having BCS do a full flash on the ECU to tune your fuel as well. It will be better then the basic download, if thats all you are running. Flashing the ECU will provide you many other bennifits that the PCV alone cant offer. So whatever route you decide to go (piggy back or full flash) you will still have added bennifits in ridability and extra features. Hope this answer helps, feel free to search BCS and look at the hundreds of past threads where he goes very in depth as to what the flash offers. Great guy to work with and always sharing his knowledge.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrtallguy67 View Post
    Yes, you can run a ECU Flash and still piggy back the PCV for fuel managment if you have a custom dyno tuned map fuel map already. If you are just running a download map on you PCV then I would recomend pulling it off and having BCS do a full flash on the ECU to tune your fuel as well. It will be better then the basic download, if thats all you are running. Flashing the ECU will provide you many other bennifits that the PCV alone cant offer. So whatever route you decide to go (piggy back or full flash) you will still have added bennifits in ridability and extra features. Hope this answer helps, feel free to search BCS and look at the hundreds of past threads where he goes very in depth as to what the flash offers. Great guy to work with and always sharing his knowledge.
    Would just hate to pull that sucker off again "PITA!!!"

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Stungbyme View Post
    Would just hate to pull that sucker off again "PITA!!!"
    lol yeah its not the most fun you can have with the bike, that's for sure. I don't know how you have yours installed, but I was able to install all of my different units (Cobra and PC) along with ones on other peoples bikes without having to remove the air box. That makes it a little easier to do, but still a job. That's one of the added benefits of the Flash, you will never have to deal with the install and removal of any defective or "upgraded" units in the future.

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Quote Originally Posted by Stungbyme View Post
    Wondering if all possible and benefits?
    I had a PCV installed (it didn't cost me anything, insurance...) and I had BCS flash my ECU. I simply loaded a zero map, which you can download. The reason I left it on is so that I could install a Dynojet Quickshifter, which needs a PCV to configure and use. I have to say, now that I've been using the Quickshifter for over a year, I'll never not have one installed. It's so much fun and makes drag racing easier, the shifts faster than humanly possible.

Did you know that Woolwich Racing do flash software that includes race tools such as Launch control and quickshift? Worth looking at if you want an "All in one" product...

Woody

Quote Originally Posted by Woodyjbh View Post
    Did you know that Woolwich Racing do flash software that includes race tools such as Launch control and quickshift? Worth looking at if you want an "All in one" product...

Woody
    There is no launch control with the PCV without another physical plug in. I believe BCS has unlocked this feature.
    I don't see how quick shifting can be enabled in the ECU, because a pressure sensor is required on the sift rod in order to detect pressure from an upshift and cut the fuel for a preset amount of time.