Hard Krome Shorty side burner opinions?

Thread: Hard Krome Shorty side burner opinions?

Very Active Member

Default Hard Krome Shorty side burner opinions?

I’m thinking about changing things up to the Shorty Hard Krome side burner from
    my Freedom Sharp Curve.

I would like to get some feedback from those that have the shorty side burner

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I "heard" they're ear-drum busting loud. I'll pass on that. The full length ones are loud, I've heard one. The shorty has to be a real ear full.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bigpapa View Post
    my Freedom Sharp Curve.

I have a full size side burner and a shorty velocity pro.......both are great exhaust, very nice deep note......but yes they are loud.

I am running the Freedom Performance Sharp Curved Radius exhaust on my bike now and my velocity pro shorty is much louder than the Freedom exhaust.

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Hmm, I have the freedom sharp curve now , and I think it’s loud. I don’t mind loud, but louder than this may be a bit much.

BCS, so does that mean you have a tune specifically for that freedom sharp curve now? 😬

When you did my tune you didn’t have your hands on one yet.

Back to the Hard Krome, having both, would you say the side burner is a deeper tone than the freedom? Honestly, I love the look of my freedom, what bothers me is how it sounds off throttle. When into it I love the sound, when it’s decelerating it has a loose sputtery sound if that makes sense. Like it doesn’t have enough back pressure or something. It’s hard for me to verbalize what I mean with that.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Yes the velocity pro and side burner will be a deeper note than the Freedom exhaust.

Yes we do have a new tune built for the Freedom Performance Exhaust.

I am sending you a pm.

BCS

I have the Shorty SideBurner, the Velocity Pro Race Short, and the Full Length Velocity Pro on each of my 9s. Without a doubt, the SideBurner has a bit more aggressive rumble than the Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust. The Full Length Velocity Pro has a nice rumble to it, but it doesn’t come close to producing the sound of the other two exhausts. Neither the Shorty SideBurner or Velocity Pro Race Short seem excessively loud to me. Rather, they both have a very nice, deep, throaty rumble...at idle, acceleration, and deceleration. I love they sound they produce.

Very Active Member

Any idea if the shorty Hard Krome has on their site is the same as what icebox used to modify? Dont know if one is shorter than another

Any idea if the shorty Hard Krome has on their site is the same as what icebox used to modify? Dont know if one is shorter than another
    Hard Krome made their Shorty version of the SideBurner exhaust exactly the same length as the Shorty IceBox version. They basically took used his mod, copied it, and then patented it. However, their Velocity Pro Race Short exhaust is approximately 1” to 1.5” shorter than the IceBox Shorty Velocity Pro. I hate what Hard Krome in stealing IceBox’s exhaust mods, but their exhausts are very well made. To me, they’re the best exhausts available for the M109R, in terms of quality, performance, sound, and definitely price point.

I had the Hard Krome sideburner exhaust on my last 109 and plan on getting it again for my new 109... it definitely had a nice deep loud exhaust note. I just need to decide now if I want to go with full length again or go shorty.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.

(Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals

Very Active Member

Shorty is the only way to go in my mind. Then again I paid a small fortune for wheels and a 300 arm that I want to see

I changed from a full length SideBurner to Freedoms. The SB was just too loud. It was so bad that guys wouldn't ride behind/beside me.
    The Sharpe Curves I have are with baffles and I prefer them over the SB

Back when I had my SideBurner using an IPhone app i measured the dB's at idle, 100db roughly 2-3 feet behind the bike on the right side. Crazy loud!! (I did try and fit a baffle, did fell out on the first ride)
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Wow!!! I guess we all define loud at a variety of levels. I can’t tell another person what is loud to him/her. However, I honestly don’t find the SideBurner to be too loud at all. I think it has the perfect level of loudness and the perfect exhaust note and depth...especially the Shorty SideBurner.

my Freedom Sharp Curve.

you have a pic of your pipes ?

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Very Active Member

I’m out of town right now, but I’ll take a pic when I get home. They have been on the bike for a year, but I didn’t ride at all this past summer. They probably have less than 1k miles on them.

I made a baffle for my side burner that takes the harshness or of the exhaust makes it bearable to ride with for any length of time.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    I made a baffle for my side burner that takes the harshness or of the exhaust makes it bearable to ride with for any length of time.

-Josh
    I would love to switch to a velocity pro shorty, but I'm afraid I would drag the **** out of it. Josh, I know you're a pretty aggressive rider, do you drag your sideburner in the twisties?

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

Very Active Member

I was dragging my freedom with the 2” bones on casual off ramps. I have air now, so guess I can ride a little raised up

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    I would love to switch to a velocity pro shorty, but I'm afraid I would drag the **** out of it. Josh, I know you're a pretty aggressive rider, do you drag your sideburner in the twisties?
    I have a slight graze on the bottom pipe, but it's not like i wore through the heat shield. CJ is far more aggressive in his bike and he has the velocity pro. You might want to ask what condition his pipe is in. He out corners me with Trecy on the back.

-Josh

Quote Originally Posted by gottattooz View Post
    I have a slight graze on the bottom pipe, but it's not like i wore through the heat shield. CJ is far more aggressive in his bike and he has the velocity pro. You might want to ask what condition his pipe is in. He out corners me with Trecy on the back.

-Josh
    Ok sounds good, will do. Thanks bro, happy new year!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!