What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?
Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Default What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

I have seen discussions like this on other forums that I am a member of and it was a hit. So with it being a New Year and all, I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their 9ís and maybe provide some ideas to others looking to do a little modification.

Santa was VERY good to my 9 this year as I received and installed some new Tsukayu Quick Detach Hard Bags, VStream Smoked Windscreen, Corbin Passenger Seat w/ Backrest, and an ATLAS Throttle Lock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My newest purchase was a set of Turna Dumps exhaust, my next step is to do undertank air filters and to have a tune done by BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post

Chrispy, those look awesome! Nicely done

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! I was between these or the short curve radius exhaust, but decided on the dumps cause theyíre not as common.

Very nice, guys!

Here's my winter list of stuff currently sitting in my house waiting for my bike... sadly some of the list is a carry-over from last winter which didn't get done due to MASSIVELY delayed shipping problems and some challenges maintaining an effective work-life balance.

Really hoping this all gets done for THIS winter!
    If I ever get it all done, I will surely post back with pics... although as you can see, electronics vs. looks is more my bag - so not much to look at.

• Custom bars - Model 158 (which didn't exist before I had them built, btw...).
    • Avon grips. (Similar to these, thanks to Judah-9)
    • TPMS (like this set)
    • Engine Mounts (The hard ones from M109Riders member)
    • Banshee Horn (This one)
    • Front / Back Dash Cam (Like this)
    • Replacement of all bar-mounted controls with mo.switch mini's (These)
      • Which will require a full re-write of the bike's electronics control software - everything except the engine.
      • That part is currently under construction, including a v.2.0 of my existing keyless ignition module, to change it from mechanical relays to a full-digital setup.

Ambitious, considering the bike is still fully intact, unmolested, in my garage... and it's already January.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    I have seen discussions like this on other forums that I am a member of and it was a hit. So with it being a New Year and all, I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their 9’s and maybe provide some ideas to others looking to do a little modification.

Santa was VERY good to my 9 this year as I received and installed some new Tsukayu Quick Detach Hard Bags, VStream Smoked Windscreen, Corbin Passenger Seat w/ Backrest, and an ATLAS Throttle Lock.
    Bigstuf, how do you like the Atlas throttle lock? I considered getting one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxboost View Post
    Bigstuf, how do you like the Atlas throttle lock? I considered getting one myself.
    It DOES take a little getting used to because, letís be honest, this is NOT a ďcruise controlĒ. With cruise, you press the brake pedal and the cruise is disabled. With the ATLAS, I had to be cognizant of disabling the lock on the handlebar. Pressing the brake pedal with the ATLAS engaged would result in simply burning down your brake pads as the throttle would still be engaged. However, a BIG plus is that you can still roll off the throttle in an emergency situation with it engaged.

All in all it works great and I highly recommend the ATLAS, especially if you are on a long stretch of road or highway and want to give your hands a rest. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube.

Those Turna Dumps look LOUD!!!!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Those Turna Dumps look LOUD!!!!!
    People will definately hear me comin thatís for sure lol

Cool. Thanks for the response amd review. Think I'll get one.

Well, I got a little carried away yesterday (easy to do with these bikes for some reason lol) and ordered/installed SEVERAL new items. Iíve had the Kuryakyn ISO Grips for a while now but wanted to match things up, so I added the Kuryakyn ISO Foot Pegs for front and rear. Second, ďNoSetFineĒ gave me the darn good idea of adding TPMS to the 9 (had never even given it a thought). Although I did go with a slightly different system (FOBO Bike 2), I highly recommend for ALL bike owners. It comes with an app for your smartphone that reads the tire pressure and alerts you when it gets too low. Finally, I installed the TechMount TechGripper to keep my phone attached to the bike and the Ciro 3D Perch Mount Cup Holder so I can keep an ice cold beverage with me at all times. Cheers gentlemen (and ladies)!

Last edited by BIGSTUF; 01-09-2020 at 09:02 PM.

Revo 1Ē spacers got here today and are now installed! PIECE OF CAKE! 2Ē wasnít necessary as Iím a taller rider and did not want to have to reroute cables so this was PERFECT for me, and let me just say that I HIGHLY recommend them even at 1Ē.

Today I upgraded the stock air filters to K&N. Would love to have a full aftermarket intake system but just canít afford it at this time, so I opted for the cheaper alternative. Install was a breeze, took about 30 minutes total and now Iím good to go

I installed yesterday the El grande exhaust from Miller
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	03570833-89AD-4042-B8F3-ED182E7E79E1_1580773682893.jpg†
Views:	83†
Size:	34.3 KB†
ID:	386666

I’m in the lengthy process of acquiring all of the upgrades and mods for my 2014 model 9. I just bought it used back in October 2018, with only 1,306 miles on it. Currently, I have the following items for the bike, but they have not been installed.

1. Brand new Black Contrast Cut “GUNNER” Fat Fork Tube Covers by DLX PRODOX

2. Brand new Raw Design Cycles “SUPER STEALTH” Rear Turn Signal Array

3. Practically new Gen. 3 SwampWorks 2-Piece 300 Swing Arm (excellent condition w/less than 200 miles on it).

4. Almost new Chrome Taillight Bezel (it will be customized to look like the Contrast Cut Gunner Fork Tube Covers).

5. Aftermarket Horn (very loud).

6. Low & Mean Stealth Front Fender.

7. Camera System for Automated Mirrors.

Once I get all of the items I want for this bike, the transformation will start...and this one will likely be even better than my 08’ model Crushed Chrome M109R I just had completed back in March 2019.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 02-03-2020 at 08:25 PM.

After installing turna dumps exhaust, I didnít like how close the pipes were to the stock salad bowl so I decided to change up the intakes and send my ECU down to Florida for a BCS tune

In the meantime Iíve been gathering parts to do the intake mod that I first seen on here from a 7 year old thread, the OP was generous enough to supply me with the CAD drawing he made so I could duplicate his setup with the same quality

I have the intake setup complete now and once my ECU arrives, Iíll fire it up for the first time, Iím looking forward to hearing it!

I know Iíll hear about how my intake temps will be higher but my goal of this setup was to get the salad bowls away from the exhaust and also something unique and clean looking, which I think turned out awesome! So whatever the performance is afterwards with the tune, Iím sure will still be more than stock so Iíll be happy either way

Onto the pictures

Quote Originally Posted by Makkievld View Post
    Those look awesome! Iíve got the Freedom Performance in black and they are LOUD. Can only imagine what those turndowns sound like

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Iím in the lengthy process of acquiring all of the upgrades and mods for my 2014 model 9. I just bought it used back in October 2018, with only 1,306 miles on it. Currently, I have the following items for the bike, but they have not been installed.

1. Brand new Black Contrast Cut ďGUNNERĒ Fat Fork Tube Covers by DLX PRODOX

2. Brand new Raw Design Cycles ďSUPER STEALTHĒ Rear Turn Signal Array

3. Practically new Gen. 3 SwampWorks 2-Piece 300 Swing Arm (excellent condition w/less than 200 miles on it).

4. Almost new Chrome Taillight Bezel (it will be customized to look like the Contrast Cut Gunner Fork Tube Covers).

5. Aftermarket Horn (very loud).

Once I get all of the items I want for this bike, the transformation will start...and this one will likely be even better than my 08í model Crushed Chrome M109R I just had completed back in March 2019.
    Will DEFINITELY need some pics when itís all said and done Judah!

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    After installing turna dumps exhaust, I didnít like how close the pipes were to the stock salad bowl so I decided to change up the intakes and send my ECU down to Florida for a BCS tune

In the meantime Iíve been gathering parts to do the intake mod that I first seen on here from a 7 year old thread, the OP was generous enough to supply me with the CAD drawing he made so I could duplicate his setup with the same quality

I have the intake setup complete now and once my ECU arrives, Iíll fire it up for the first time, Iím looking forward to hearing it!

I know Iíll hear about how my intake temps will be higher but my goal of this setup was to get the salad bowls away from the exhaust and also something unique and clean looking, which I think turned out awesome! So whatever the performance is afterwards with the tune, Iím sure will still be more than stock so Iíll be happy either way
    I read about that air mod as well but honestly, this is my first big boy bike and I didnít want to screw something up so I elected not to try it. I applaud you though. I will be sending my ECU for the BCS tune in the spring

^^Honestly, once all the pieces were in hand, it was pretty straight forward to do, at least I thought it was pretty simple once I dug into it lol

Will DEFINITELY need some pics when it’s all said and done Judah!
    For sure Bro. The bike is a 2014 LE model. I’m going to stick with the LE concept, but I’m going to modify/customize the paint along with some other subtle touches to create a “Black Contrast Cut look combined with a Ghosted LE & Dallas Cowboys” theme throughout the entire bike, to include a very unique Black Contrast Cut custom 300 & 160/60 fat tires/wheels package. It’s going to be crazy-sick-bad when it’s all completed.
    Last edited by JUDAH-9; 02-03-2020 at 07:58 PM.

over the weekend I cleaned up the back of the bike add the side mount tag bracket and the under tail turn signals.

(Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler,Arnott Air Ride

Quote Originally Posted by Makkievld View Post
    Those look awesome! I’ve got the Freedom Performance in black and they are LOUD. Can only imagine what those turndowns sound like

Before I had the scorpion tips and they made far more noise. The new pipes are certified pipes for in Europe. So they are legal and the sound is much nicer. It sounds deeper than the scorpion tips

Todayís projects included swapping out the headlight bulb for the Cyclops H4 LED bulb...easy install and VERY bright! I also installed a second USB charger for phones, gps, Bluetooth speaker, etc. Winter mods are coming along nicely!
    Last edited by BIGSTUF; 02-09-2020 at 12:19 PM.

Installed Hard Krome Sideburners - I think I now need to bake cookies or something as an apology to all my neighbors as now I am obnoxiously loud

Waiting for my PC-V to be delivered tomorrow and in the process of trying to mount some Hella Horns in a decent spot - because everyone has a Stebel in their bucket
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.†

Name:	SvoirRH.jpg†
Views:	58†
Size:	65.0 KB†
ID:	386848
    --------------------------------------------------
    ~Think for Yourself, Question Authority~

Your 9 looks better and sounds even better with that SideBurner exhaust JDR. Iíve had that exhaust on my 07í model 9 in the full length version, and I now have it in the IceBox Shorty version on that same bike, and it provides an amazingly-wonderful rumble/growl/roar from idle to full acceleration. The IceBox Shorty version has an even deeper note than the full length version, and I donít think itís too loud at all.

In consideration of your neighbors, the best you can do is ride through your neighborhood to/from your house at a very low speed, in 2nd gear. As odd as it may sound, the exhaust wonít be as loud in 2 nd gear as it will be in 1st gear. Iíve been doing that for years, and my neighbors never complained.

By the way, I think your 9 wouldíve looked much better and more aggressive with the Shorty SideBurner version. Just my personal opinion. Nevertheless, you made a great decision by going with the SideBurner exhaust.😎👍👍👍😎

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Your 9 looks better and sounds even better with that SideBurner exhaust JDR. Iíve had that exhaust on my 07í model 9 in the full length version, and I now have it in the IceBox Shorty version on that same bike, and it provides an amazingly-wonderful rumble/growl/roar from idle to full acceleration. The IceBox Shorty version has an even deeper note than the full length version, and I donít think itís too loud at all.

In consideration of your neighbors, the best you can do is ride through your neighborhood to/from your house at a very low speed, in 2nd gear. As odd as it may sound, the exhaust wonít be as loud in 2 nd gear as it will be in 1st gear. Iíve been doing that for years, and my neighbors never complained.

By the way, I think your 9 wouldíve looked much better and more aggressive with the Shorty SideBurner version. Just my personal opinion. Nevertheless, you made a great decision by going with the SideBurner exhaust.😎👍👍👍😎
    Yea I did notice you can control the volume better in second going slow which is what I've been doing, still echo's off the fences in the alley, heh.

I debated between Freedom Performance sharp curve, Sideburners and the Velocity Pro but I think I liked the look of the longer pipes better - would have been nice to get rid of the mounting bar though.
    --------------------------------------------------
    ~Think for Yourself, Question Authority~

Quote Originally Posted by jdr767 View Post
    Yea I did notice you can control the volume better in second going slow which is what I've been doing, still echo's off the fences in the alley, heh.

I debated between Freedom Performance sharp curve, Sideburners and the Velocity Pro but I think I liked the look of the longer pipes better - would have been nice to get rid of the mounting bar though.
    Of course, all of those pipes are made in a full length version as well. The Shorty version pipes also make it easier and less time-consuming to perform tire changes. With the full-length exhausts, you have to remove the exhaust to remove and replace the rear wheel and tire any/every time you put on a new tire...which could be often depending on how aggressive you ride.

ECU was sent to BCS last week and just returned today. Already reinstalled, just waiting on an opportunity to get out and put it through its paces! Thanks BCS for the quick turnaround time! Highly recommend those guys!

Look at it as I walk by it in the garage. No future plans but to ride it.

IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!