What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Default What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

I have seen discussions like this on other forums that I am a member of and it was a hit. So with it being a New Year and all, I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their 9’s and maybe provide some ideas to others looking to do a little modification.

Santa was VERY good to my 9 this year as I received and installed some new Tsukayu Quick Detach Hard Bags, VStream Smoked Windscreen, Corbin Passenger Seat w/ Backrest, and an ATLAS Throttle Lock.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

My newest purchase was a set of Turna Dumps exhaust, my next step is to do undertank air filters and to have a tune done by BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post

Chrispy, those look awesome! Nicely done

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Thank you! I was between these or the short curve radius exhaust, but decided on the dumps cause they’re not as common.

Very nice, guys!

Here's my winter list of stuff currently sitting in my house waiting for my bike... sadly some of the list is a carry-over from last winter which didn't get done due to MASSIVELY delayed shipping problems and some challenges maintaining an effective work-life balance.

Really hoping this all gets done for THIS winter!
    If I ever get it all done, I will surely post back with pics... although as you can see, electronics vs. looks is more my bag - so not much to look at.

• Custom bars - Model 158 (which didn't exist before I had them built, btw...).
    • Avon grips. (Similar to these, thanks to Judah-9)
    • TPMS (like this set)
    • Engine Mounts (The hard ones from M109Riders member)
    • Banshee Horn (This one)
    • Front / Back Dash Cam (Like this)
    • Replacement of all bar-mounted controls with mo.switch mini's (These)
      • Which will require a full re-write of the bike's electronics control software - everything except the engine.
      • That part is currently under construction, including a v.2.0 of my existing keyless ignition module, to change it from mechanical relays to a full-digital setup.

Ambitious, considering the bike is still fully intact, unmolested, in my garage... and it's already January.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    I have seen discussions like this on other forums that I am a member of and it was a hit. So with it being a New Year and all, I just thought that I would make one here to see what people have been up to with their 9’s and maybe provide some ideas to others looking to do a little modification.

Santa was VERY good to my 9 this year as I received and installed some new Tsukayu Quick Detach Hard Bags, VStream Smoked Windscreen, Corbin Passenger Seat w/ Backrest, and an ATLAS Throttle Lock.
    Bigstuf, how do you like the Atlas throttle lock? I considered getting one myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mxboost View Post
    Bigstuf, how do you like the Atlas throttle lock? I considered getting one myself.
    It DOES take a little getting used to because, let’s be honest, this is NOT a “cruise control”. With cruise, you press the brake pedal and the cruise is disabled. With the ATLAS, I had to be cognizant of disabling the lock on the handlebar. Pressing the brake pedal with the ATLAS engaged would result in simply burning down your brake pads as the throttle would still be engaged. However, a BIG plus is that you can still roll off the throttle in an emergency situation with it engaged.

All in all it works great and I highly recommend the ATLAS, especially if you are on a long stretch of road or highway and want to give your hands a rest. There are plenty of reviews on YouTube.

Those Turna Dumps look LOUD!!!!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Those Turna Dumps look LOUD!!!!!
    People will definately hear me comin that’s for sure lol

Cool. Thanks for the response amd review. Think I'll get one.

Well, I got a little carried away yesterday (easy to do with these bikes for some reason lol) and ordered/installed SEVERAL new items. I’ve had the Kuryakyn ISO Grips for a while now but wanted to match things up, so I added the Kuryakyn ISO Foot Pegs for front and rear. Second, “NoSetFine” gave me the darn good idea of adding TPMS to the 9 (had never even given it a thought). Although I did go with a slightly different system (FOBO Bike 2), I highly recommend for ALL bike owners. It comes with an app for your smartphone that reads the tire pressure and alerts you when it gets too low. Finally, I installed the TechMount TechGripper to keep my phone attached to the bike and the Ciro 3D Perch Mount Cup Holder so I can keep an ice cold beverage with me at all times. Cheers gentlemen (and ladies)!

Last edited by BIGSTUF; 1 Week Ago at 10:02 PM.

Revo 1” spacers got here today and are now installed! PIECE OF CAKE! 2” wasn’t necessary as I’m a taller rider and did not want to have to reroute cables so this was PERFECT for me, and let me just say that I HIGHLY recommend them even at 1”.