What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately? - Page 8
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

new Arnott air ride with Meancycles adjustable lowering bones

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler, Arnott Air Ride

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Tcolt, I see you got it setup Bro.😁👍🏽👍🏻😎

That’s a sweet looking ride you have Bro. Have you considered shortening that SideBurner exhaust? It produces an even more AWESOME sound when it has been shortened by 12 inches. Plus, it really gives the 9 a more aggressive, masculine, and sporty look.

Well when I was attempting to tame the Dragon my air ride blew from user error... I just got my bike back with a new air shock. Sure did miss her.. also got new Avon tires installed and went with the 260 rear.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler, Arnott Air Ride

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I got tired of the bike`s look with the V-Stream windshield , so, today I took it out for a change .
    I did not touch the V-Stream clamps so I can put it back on any time I want in 5 minutes .
    The V-Stream works on a limited way by deflecting only the center of the body from the incoming wind and since I am now using a full face helmet , I am not missing it much , lol...
    The bike now looks more muscular and I like it too , so , I now have two different looks on the same bike .

Last edited by josey088; 08-06-2020 at 03:52 PM.

josey088, are those factory height risers?
    "Beat it like a red-headed Ford":
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

OH and I Definately like the no wind screen...kinda takes away a little of the old man look... No offense to those that are, I don't think I am but my body sure feels like it more often than not!
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander
    '87 silverado on35's'87 c10 lwb(LS twin turbo sleeper project)'83 k20'83 k5 cucv 6.2 Detroit

Question for all those who have lowered the rear. I'm not sure if y'all ride like me so for many this may not be an issue however, is their a noticeable difference in weight transfer to the rear under acceleration. I ask this because it's fairly easy (at least for me) to hang the front end when riding the way these bikes were meant to be ridden. Just curious enough if it will happen more often because I Definately like the lowered stance.
    '19 M9 '06 M9
    '09 commander

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frotosride View Post
    josey088, are those factory height risers?
    No, they have the Revo 2" extension risers added .
    Last edited by josey088; 08-06-2020 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    I got tired of the bike`s look with the V-Stream windshield , so, today I took it out for a change .
    I did not touch the V-Stream clamps so I can put it back on any time I want in 5 minutes .
    The V-Stream works on a limited way by deflecting only the center of the body from the incoming wind and since I am now using a full face helmet , I am not missing it much , lol...
    The bike now looks more muscular and I like it too , so , I now have two different looks on the same bike .

The bike looks awesome Josey, you might as well ditch the side bags for a while and go for the sleek look. I will be removing my sports windshield shortly also. I am not really a big fan of windshields.

Very Active Member

Yeah, I would like to do that , too , but I need to have something where to put small things ... Today, as an example , I went to the pharmacy to get 3 prescriptions for my mother (98 and counting , God bless her) and I was able to use the bike because I had the bag , otherwise I would have had to use the car .
    The bag is a practical thing and very convenient for small things , etc . That allows me to use the bike more frequently , lol. That was the reason I installed the bag anyway... It was frustrating not to be able to bring anything or buy anything because I had nowhere to put it .
    Let say I need to go to Home Depot to get some bolts and nuts ... I can use the bike instead of the car , etc . Believe it or not , I have been able to bring home chinese fried rice on that bag !!!!
    My one concern about taking out the windshield was that I had the magnetic plastic card (needed to open the automatic gate entrance of my community) attached to the windshield , but then I found a small leather wallet type bag I had around and I attached it to the windshield base clamps on the left side ... problem solved , the card works the gate from inside the wallet perfectly and it even looks cool on the side of the cowl , lol...
    Last edited by josey088; 08-08-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Changed the clutch in my newly purchased 09’

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post

Just curious, did you buy those from caliper covers or were they already on the bike. They look nice.
    Last edited by Fate9176; 08-08-2020 at 10:13 PM.
    "Life is what you make it..."

Quote Originally Posted by Fate9176 View Post
    Just curious, did you buy those from caliper covers or were they already on the bike. The look nice.
    How hard was the clutch to change? Is that a job that can be done by an average do it yourself type guy.

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    No, they have the Revo 2" extension risers added .
    Did you have to rerun any of the cables for those extensions? I'm 6'4", and the handlebars are definitely a bit far forward for me. I feel like I'm riding a cruiser sports bike hybrid!

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    How hard was the clutch to change? Is that a job that can be done by an average do it yourself type guy.
    I found it to be a very easy and straight forward job to do that anyone with basic mechanical skills could do, just pay attention to the order of the clutch disks and you’re good to go

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by slooker View Post
    Did you have to rerun any of the cables for those extensions? I'm 6'4", and the handlebars are definitely a bit far forward for me. I feel like I'm riding a cruiser sports bike hybrid!
    I had to replace all the cables with +3" SS length cables .
    Front brakes, clutch and the two push and pull throttle cables ... all had to be replaced . I chose +3" instead of +2" on the cables length , following an advice on being a lot easier to install and it was right on : the throttle cables were a pain in the ass to install even thou they were an extra inch .
    If you want to install risers , you will need extra long cables .
    Last edited by josey088; 08-09-2020 at 01:00 PM.

Very Active Member

I found it to be a very easy and straight forward job to do that anyone with basic mechanical skills could do, just pay attention to the order of the clutch disks and you’re good to go
    That is a very good information . I will keep it mind if I ever need to do the clutch on my 9 , knowing that I cut do the job ... Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    Just got done installing the Engine Guard and Stash Tube. The Engine Guard was a little difficult to install, had to remove the radiator shroud to get to the top screw on each side. Shout out to Poseidon! What do you think about the Stash Tube?Attachment 388236

What engine guards and air intakes are those? They look great!

Rear brakes on my 09’.... then of course had to go for a test ride!

[QUOTE=slooker;4003772]What engine guards and air intakes are those? They look great![/Just a generic set of engine guard that I purchased from Ebay for about one hundred bucks. I found out afterwards that there are superior ones available online for about double the price but overall I am happy with the outcome. The air intakes are Q5 made by cyclehouse. It can be purchased from meancycles, be aware they are a bit pricey.

Took it out today and rode it til the odometer read 37,000. It now reads 37,010.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Since I am not riding it a much as past years, I sprayed it with Pledge and wiped it down. I will ride it tomorrow morning.

Debeaver and flush mount turn signals, license plate relocate. I will probably be changing to a directed pod light for the license plate light instead of the LED screw-ons that are on there currently, wiring was tricky to get there - waiting to see how it holds up or if I come up with a better idea.

Engine Guards and Flatz on the front.

Ordered some small parts, odds and ends I found that were missing from previous owner - debating on what intake to go with.
    --------------------------------------------------
    ~Think for Yourself, Question Authority~

Nice job on the clutch. What brand is it and where did you get it?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by A10bolt View Post
    Nice job on the clutch. What brand is it and where did you get it?

Thanks
    Thanks, just went with OEM parts

On my 18’ I got a new rear tire on it, just a Dunlop E3 250

And I’ve finally also added some ISO grips to it

And since my 09’ already had the ISO grips, I added a throttle boss to it as well

Nothing but ride it. Turned 37,000 miles last weekend.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Very Active Member

I put the V-Stream windshield back on the bike . It was uncomfortable at highway speeds even with a full face helmet , because the wind was hitting me on the chest , so I just put it back on .

Without it

With it
    Last edited by josey088; 3 Days Ago at 10:29 PM.

Very Active Member

Today I took it out for a 10 mile spin . I hadn`t ride it for a while , so I went .