What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    But you might be able to request that template so it can be machined...alternatively I'll see if I can get dimensions for you.
    It doesn't need to be machined. It's just a piece of flat metal with holes in it. Very easy to accomplish using hand tools. Even bending it can be done with a vise. Not a big deal, just knowing how wide it is, how long it is, location of holes, etc.

I'm starting to get interested in doing this to mine. Even though I like the big old school filters, I could live without them.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    The airbrusher applied only the orange and lettering. I don't think anything should contact those areas during tire changes. The black is just the OEM Suzuki black of course. In fact, I did this right before she got new sneakers. It seemed an opportune time as the wheels had to come off for the new Bridgestone Battlecruisers.
    So far, so good.
    I was specifically referring to the edges of your wheel. That is where any tire machine is going to contact the wheel for removal and/or installation of the tires. Typically, paint and clear coat does not hold up well during most tire changing processes. I was just curious as to what your painter had to say with regard to his having applied the paint to your wheels, and just how durable the application would be, once it has all cured.

last weekend I installed the TST brake light modulator and for the front turn signals I added some LED switchbacks.

just got the Low and Mean chin spoiler in the mail. hope to have that on this weekend.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.
    (Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals, Low & Mean Chin Spoiler
    COMING SOON: Arnott Air Ride

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Looks great - what part of FL are you in? I'm in East Orlando.
    I am in Port st Lucie , about 1.5 hour south east down from you . The US 95 passes 5 blocks from where I live , so if you ever come down south . look me up

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    I am in Port st Lucie , about 1.5 hour south east down from you . The US 95 passes 5 blocks from where I live , so if you ever come down south . look me up
    Will do!
    Michael - 2012 M109r LE - East Orlando, FL

I'm in Vero. Lets go riding.

Very Active Member

Sure, lets meet one of these days .

Very Active Member

I was looking at Jay z pics and it occurred to me to adorn the black wheels with some red lettering , so I ordered some decals for the wheels . These decals are coming from Malaysia (gosh, that is far away , lol…) so I guess that it will take some time to arrive , but it is ok , not in a hurry , anyway .
    These are Stickman vinyl decals , so they are good quality and come with full spares , too .
    I will post some pics whenever I install the decals , most likely in a month or so .

Default Engine Guard and Stash Tube just installed

Just got done installing the Engine Guard and Stash Tube. The Engine Guard was a little difficult to install, had to remove the radiator shroud to get to the top screw on each side. Shout out to Poseidon! What do you think about the Stash Tube?Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200429_184822.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	388236

I was looking at Jay z pics and it occurred to me to adorn the black wheels with some red lettering , so I ordered some decals for the wheels . These decals are coming from Malaysia (gosh, that is far away , lol) so I guess that it will take some time to arrive , but it is ok , not in a hurry , anyway .
    These are Stickman vinyl decals , so they are good quality and come with full spares , too .
    I will post some pics whenever I install the decals , most likely in a month or so .
    Do you mean like these.Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200407_182254.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	388238

Quote Originally Posted by MrBarros View Post
    Just got done installing the Engine Guard and Stash Tube. The Engine Guard was a little difficult to install, had to remove the radiator shroud to get to the top screw on each side. Shout out to Poseidon! What do you think about the Stash Tube?Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200429_184822.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	33.5 KB
ID:	388236
    looks good!

Very Active Member

Do you mean like these.Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200407_182254.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	388238
    Yeah, something like that . They look striking and the combination of the black wheels with the bright red decals is very attractive .. it look very sporty .
    I guess I will have to clean up the wheels with alcohol in order to make them stick well . What did you use to clean up the wheels ? Thanks
    Last edited by josey088; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:33 AM.

Yeah, something like that . They look striking and the combination of the black wheels with the bright red decals is very attractive .. it look very sporty .
    I guess I will have to clean up the wheels with alcohol in order to make them stick well . What did you use to clean up the wheels ? Thanks
    Yes indeed, I did use alcohol to clean the rims before I installed the stickers. They do send extra stickers in case you screw up on one but they are pretty easy to install. I did not have to use any extras. Rest assure, the stickers seem to adhere to the rims pretty good, I think that they should last awhile. Just make sure you choose a fairly warm day to do the install, I think they recommend something like at least 60-70 degree weather for better results. Just to make sure,Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200430_162851.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	388262 I heated my rims up with a hairdryer before the install. I just had the Tank Bra and LED Forward lights installed today. Check it out!

Very Active Member

Yes indeed, I did use alcohol to clean the rims before I installed the stickers. They do send extra stickers in case you screw up on one but they are pretty easy to install. I did not have to use any extras. Rest assure, the stickers seem to adhere to the rims pretty good, I think that they should last awhile. Just make sure you choose a fairly warm day to do the install, I think they recommend something like at least 60-70 degree weather for better results. Just to make sure,Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200430_162851.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	388262 I heated my rims up with a hairdryer before the install. I just had the Tank Bra and LED Forward lights installed today. Check it out!
    The bike looks great and the LED forward light is in the perfect position , congrats .
    About the warm temp … I am in Florida , so no need for the hairdryer since here the normal is from 80 to 90 degrees , lol... And I will make sure I clean up the wheels very well before putting the stickers .

Very Active Member

Today I took out the radiator factory protector that is black plastic ,washed it cleaned it very well and then painted it red . It looks beautiful .
    Since I live in Florida , I didn`t want any type of radiator aftermarket cover that may block any incoming air into the radiator , so the factory non-restrictor protector was the ideal for me .
    Let me know what you guys think .
    I also think it will match very well with the incoming red decals and the black wheel rims .

Today I took out the radiator factory protector that is black plastic ,washed it cleaned it very well and then painted it red . It looks beautiful .
    Since I live in Florida , I didn`t want any type of radiator aftermarket cover that may block any incoming air into the radiator , so the factory non-restrictor protector was the ideal for me .
    Let me know what you guys think .
    I also think it will match very well with the incoming red decals and the black wheel rims .

Looks good! I must say, you seem to always have something up your sleeves....

Very Active Member

Thumbs up

Looks good! I must say, you seem to always have something up your sleeves....
    Hey, I have plenty of time on my hands (I am retired) and there are always ways to improve the bike , lol...
    Your bike, BTW, is getting along real good and it looks great , too .
    I am now waiting on the TPMS wireless kit , which is , I think , very important because correct tires air pressure is essential to safety , and also the wheels decals to be , at least "for now" , done with the customizing .
    Last edited by josey088; 2 Weeks Ago at 06:27 PM.

Very Active Member

Default Gold cylinder covers

I repainted the cylinder covers. They were previously blue, so I decided to try gold this time. And if I get tired of it, paint thinner will bring back the original chrome.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC_0661b.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	63.1 KB
ID:	388364

Very Active Member

Today, I finally decided to do it and ordered the exhaust gaskets (14181-10F00) for my black Cobra 2 to 1 that is beginning to get some spots where the paint is beginning to fade , so I will be re-painting it with VHT Satin Black Ceramic Caliper paint that withstand 900 degrees F . Other than that , the exhaust in in perfect condition all around , the inside exhaust tubes, clamps , etc , everything looks like new . I checked it out in detail and besides the few paint fading spots , it is in total perfect shape (6,500 miles on it ) .
    I understand that there is a slight chance that I would be able to use the old gaskets , but I probably will install the new gaskets anyway to be sure there are no leaks .
    I already got the VHT paint at AutoZone , so now to wait a few days for the gaskets to arrive from Partzilla parts .
    I will post pics when I finish it .
    Last edited by josey088; 2 Weeks Ago at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by asviewedfrommars View Post
    I repainted the cylinder covers. They were previously blue, so I decided to try gold this time. And if I get tired of it, paint thinner will bring back the original chrome.
    If you ever decide to remove it, I would test that theory somewhere that doesnt show. Im not sure what the cause was, but Ive seen a few bikes where the chrome was bubbled up and peeling from the covers.

Today, I finally decided to do it and ordered the exhaust gaskets for my black Cobra 2 to 1 that is beginning to get some spots where the paint is beginning to fade , so I will be re-painting it with VHT Satin Black Ceramic Caliper paint that withstand 900 degrees F . Other than that , the exhaust in in perfect condition all around . I checked it in detail and besides the few fading spots , it is in excellent shape (6500 miles on it ) .
    I understand that there is a slight chance that I would be able to use the old gaskets , but I probably will install the new gaskets anyway to be sure there are no leaks .
    I already got the VHT paint at AutoZone , so now to wait a few days for the gaskets tp arrive from Partzilla parts .
    I will post pics when I finish it .
    I agree with you totally, just put the brand new gaskets in, not worth trying to save $20 bucks. I am curious to see what it looks like when your done, make sure you post pictures.

Very Active Member

I agree with you totally, just put the brand new gaskets in, not worth trying to save $20 bucks. I am curious to see what it looks like when your done, make sure you post pictures.
    I will .

Very Active Member

Update :
    I was going to wait for the gaskets set to arrive next week to take out the exhaust , but I realized that I would have to do more disassembly that what I originally thought (and besides , I had nothing to do anyway, lol ) so I decided to start the job.
    My big concern was that the header bolts would be stuck rusted solid inside the cylinder holes and that would be a huge complication , etc etc … but happily , there was nothing of the sort .
    The bolts came out beautifully (all 4 of them) and so the other two that hold the exhaust went the same way , along with the four ones that hold the rear end chrome piece , and even the two small screws from the Cobra chrome lettering... all of them came out easily ... perfect . I will be using anti-seize grease on the header bolts when I put the exhaust back on to make it even easier in the future … you never know . The rest of the bolts , I will put blue Loctite on them .
    The old gaskets are still inside as seen on the pics . I haven`t try to take them out until I get the new ones at hand , just in case
    But , (there is always a but) because I have the engine guards installed on the bike and the right one was blocking the access to the front header , I needed to move it out of the way , so, in order for me to do that , I had to take out the radiator cover and loosen the gas tank and move it back an inch to get access to the screws that hold the plastic cover for the radiator shroud and then take out the engine guard bolt , etc … not a big deal , but it had to be done .
    I did loosen the rear brake / floorboard base in order to be able to install the exhaust back later on without risk of scratching it . That created a much need space for the install when I will finally do it next week , after I get the new exhaust gaskets .
    I didn`t take out the floorboard base completely , just had it loose enough to move it out of the way and it was enough .
    Then , I proceeded to check the whole exhaust in detail and , man , it is in perfect shape , just like new … incredible , but this thing inside is in mint condition , clamps, tubes connections, everything … just as if I was installed yesterday , which made my day , for sure , lol...
    After that, I started to sand the painted covers with #400 sand paper until I was satisfied that this thing was well sanded and ready for cleaning.
    I cleaned it up lightly with degreaser and wax remover spray prep and started to mask the inside of the exhaust for painting with blue tape .
    Now, the exhaust is masked and ready for final clean up and ready for final clean up and paint tomorrow .
    I will paint it and leave it hanging In the garage until the gaskets arrive next week . Then I will install it and cure it by idling the engine on 3 intervals of 20 minutes each and cooldown for 10 minutes for a total of 60 minutes . I think that will do for the curing trick.
    I will post when I finish the job . In the mean time , here are some pics of the present state of the half done work :

Last edited by josey088; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:09 AM.

Very Active Member

Uodate : Cobra exhaust after painting . It came out beautiful .
    As I said previously , the entire exhaust tubing is in perfect condition , including even the clamps , as can be seen in the pics . You know , this exhaust is 7 years old … incredible !!!
    Now , to wait for the header gaskets to arrive
    I didn`t damage the old gaskets , so I cut perhaps try to use them again , but I would not want to have to take out the whole thing if there is a possible leak , so I `ll wait for the new gaskets to be sure . What the hell, it is only a week wait , lol...
    Last pic is the complete exhaust now assembled , ready to be installed back on the bike and waiting for the incoming header gaskets , so , I am almost done .

Last edited by josey088; 2 Weeks Ago at 01:49 PM.

WOW. WOW, WOW!!! You did an AMAZING job on that exhaust Josey. It now looks like its brand new.

😁😎👍🏆👍😎😁

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    WOW. WOW, WOW!!! You did an AMAZING job on that exhaust Josey. It now looks like it’s brand new.

Thanks Judah it really looks brand new inside and out … That VHT paint is phenomenal , and if you do the prep correctly , it work wonders . I honesty think that the exhaust now looks better than when it was brand new .
    Last edited by josey088; 2 Weeks Ago at 04:20 PM.

I
    Thanks Judah it really looks brand new inside and out That VHT paint is phenomenal , and if you do the prep correctly , it work wonders . I honesty think that the exhaust now looks better than when it was brand new .
    😁👍😁

Uodate : Cobra exhaust after painting . It came out beautiful .
    As I said previously , the entire exhaust tubing is in perfect condition , including even the clamps , as can be seen in the pics . You know , this exhaust is 7 years old incredible !!!
    Now , to wait for the header gaskets to arrive
    I didn`t damage the old gaskets , so I cut perhaps try to use them again , but I would not want to have to take out the whole thing if there is a possible leak , so I `ll wait for the new gaskets to be sure . What the hell, it is only a week wait , lol...
    Last pic is the complete exhaust now assembled , ready to be installed back on the bike and waiting for the incoming header gaskets , so , I am almost done .

looks good!

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    looks good!
    Thanks , Poseidon very appreciated .

Default Excellent Job

I must say Josey, you did a magnificent job. I could not have done it better myself. You just saved yourself tons of cash, you know what that means, more mods to come! Make sure you post pictures after the reinstallation.