What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Default WHEELS!

I really like the wheels that came on the bike except for the black color which I'm not a fan of to begin with and the fact that they come on all the 9s regardless of color combo or LE model made me want something different. I had a talented airbrush shop put the Suzuki candy max orange on the wheels and do some lettering on the rear wheel. They executed my design perfectly. Right down to the pinstriping on the wheels. I wanted something that looked like it could have (should have) come OEM from Suzuki on my '11 L.E.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20191110_115109258 (2).jpg
Views:	45
Size:	82.6 KB
ID:	388018 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0249.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	71.3 KB
ID:	388020 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0255.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	388022 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0263.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	59.8 KB
ID:	388024 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0259 (2).jpg
Views:	47
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	388026

Last edited by JayZ; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:54 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Couple more wheel pics

couple more

Name:	DSCI0261 (2).jpg
Views:	37
Size:	68.3 KB
ID:	388028 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0271.jpg
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	388030 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0275.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	62.1 KB
ID:	388032 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSCI0273.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	388034

Quote Originally Posted by JayZ View Post
    I really like the wheels that came on the bike except for the black color which I'm not a fan of to begin with and the fact that they come on all the 9s regardless of color combo or LE model made me want something different. I had a talented airbrush shop put the Suzuki candy max orange on the wheels and do some lettering on the rear wheel. They executed my design perfectly. Right down to the pinstriping on the wheels. I wanted something that looked like it could have (should have) come OEM from Suzuki on my '11 L.E.
    Wheels look great brother! I have the 2018 BOSS in Black / Candy Max Orange...normally like black on the wheels but wanted to go with something different than all the others, something that stood out. So Im waiting on my buddies at the local powder coater to finish up my Candy Max Orange wheels, crash bars, and saddlebag mounting brackets to put the beast back together. Cant wait, will definitely post up some pics! Ride safe

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Yeah, sure . Here it is :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Motorcycle-TPMS-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-Motor-Tyre-Auto-Alarm/133021011118?hash=item1ef8ab8cae:g:4c4AAOSwjB9a7nD V

Judah , for some unknown reason I cannot download the damn link correctly . In any case, it is on ebay under CAREUD TPMS motorcycle . Cost me $54.00 from China ( I know , but it is not sold here so I had no choice ). There are some others a little bit cheaper but the shipping time is way more longer so I decided to spend 8 dollars more to save a month wait. Cheers... J

Thanks Josey. Ill get me some ordered very soon...from the same place you ordered yours.

Bobby

Default whls

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    Wheels look great brother! I have the 2018 BOSS in Black / Candy Max Orange...normally like black on the wheels but wanted to go with something different than all the others, something that stood out. So Im waiting on my buddies at the local powder coater to finish up my Candy Max Orange wheels, crash bars, and saddlebag mounting brackets to put the beast back together. Cant wait, will definitely post up some pics! Ride safe
    I can already tell that is gonna look sick. Can't wait to see that!

couple more
    ****ing spectacular! Those are sharp as hell! Nice job...question, you said and Airbursh shop, so did they paint the wheels, or did you start with Powdercoating and then have the airbrush done on top?
    Michael - 2012 M109r LE - East Orlando, FL

I spent the past weekend doing several things. I deleted the airbox, added mini timed relay's to my Flatz blinkers to turn the running lights off when the signal is on, and added a few more light strips where I wanted some. Here's a link to my whole album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/A8969omjNCJQ6m8M9 . I also tried to figure out why my signature picture is not showing up, I verified it's only 131K and 500 x 243 so it is within the criteria for a signature picture...Not sure why it won't show up.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200419_143032.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	388036

By the way, I mentioned this over on FB I think, but big shout out to Chris Pressey (Chrispy) for all the advice and help with my AB delete!

Default paint

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    ****ing spectacular! Those are sharp as hell! Nice job...question, you said and Airbursh shop, so did they paint the wheels, or did you start with Powdercoating and then have the airbrush done on top?
    No powder coating, its all paint.

No powder coating, its all paint.
    Did you speak with the painter about how well the paint would hold up during tire changes? Most often, paint applications are not a durable enough process to prevent the edges of the wheels from becoming scratched and/or chipped during the tire changing process.

Very Active Member

I spent the past weekend doing several things. I deleted the airbox, added mini timed relay's to my Flatz blinkers to turn the running lights off when the signal is on, and added a few more light strips where I wanted some. Here's a link to my whole album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/A8969omjNCJQ6m8M9 . I also tried to figure out why my signature picture is not showing up, I verified it's only 131K and 500 x 243 so it is within the criteria for a signature picture...Not sure why it won't show up.

Name:	20200419_143032.jpg
Size:	89.3 KB
ID:	388036
    What is the advantage of replacing the airbox with some individual filters ? it seems to me that it entitles a lot of cumbersome work for , what ? As far as I understand it , the airbox just direct the incoming air to the 2 cylinders. Is the performance obtained big enough that it makes this job worth doing it ?
    I am curious please post details , Thanks

What is the advantage of replacing the airbox with some individual filters ? it seems to me that it entitles a lot of cumbersome work for , what ? As far as I understand it , the airbox just direct the incoming air to the 2 cylinders. Is the performance obtained big enough that it makes this job worth doing it ?
    I am curious … please post details , Thanks
    Supposedly it does make more performance, despite the air intake being heat soaked. From what Bering_C_Sparky said, and he does have a dyno, the most powerful Nine he's run on his dyno had this set up. I also understand it's quite loud on the intake noise. The stock airbox has things internally, like baffles and such, to control noise. All vehicles have to pass a noise emissions test in a sealed room. And intake noise is a large contributor to noise. All the vehicles I have on my list below have aftermarket intakes, and all are noisy. The LA Choppers xXx BigAirs on my Nine roar. So I almost want to do this mod he has done. Problem for me is I like the old school look of those big round filters hanging off the side, in cold air to boot.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Default paint

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Did you speak with the painter about how well the paint would hold up during tire changes? Most often, paint applications are not a durable enough process to prevent the edges of the wheels from becoming scratched and/or chipped during the tire changing process.
    The airbrusher applied only the orange and lettering. I don't think anything should contact those areas during tire changes. The black is just the OEM Suzuki black of course. In fact, I did this right before she got new sneakers. It seemed an opportune time as the wheels had to come off for the new Bridgestone Battlecruisers.
    So far, so good.

Very Active Member

Yes, the amount of heat getting in must be immense . Also the intake noise whistling cut be a concern , too .
    So , no, I very much prefer my Hyperchargers Pro "R" with those butterflies letting in a continuous big rush of cold fresh air feeding my 9 .
    Very interesting mod , but not for me .
    Thanks
    Last edited by josey088; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:57 PM.

Yes, the amount of heat getting in must be immense . Also the intake noise whistling cut be a concern , too .
    So , no, I very much prefer my Hyperchargers Pro "R" with those butterflies letting in a continuous big rush of cold fresh air feeding my 9 .
    Very interesting mod , but not for me .
    Thanks
    So I know there's a massive amount of debate on this subject and the whole argument about the hot air vs the air box restrictions etc...Here's my initial thoughts after taking her out for a quick 6 mile ride just to make sure everything was running well, and then my next response after taking her out for a longer ride.

Ok, so I just took her for a short spin to road test everything out. Let me tell you. Those of you still debating this can save your academics and semantics etc, my girl went from the sledge hammer blunt trauma beast we all know and love to a ****ing angry fire breathing hell demon.. holy ****, amen.

Next Day -

So I just went on a 30 mile shakedown ride after completing the Airbox delete and some lighting stuff I worked on this weekend. I had taken her out for a quick 5 mile spin yesterday to make sure everything was running as it should etc. But I wanted to get out on the Highway and really flog her a bit. I also wanted to see if my initial reaction was more bias just having put that much work into the project or if it really felt that substantially improved. I gotta say, I don't think it was biassed. These bikes pull like a mac truck anyway, now it feels more like a JATO assisted carrier launch. It's insane. No F1 lights (knock on wood) everything felt right, she sounds even better than before, and I think I may be the only person in the world with a set of Flatz that have white running lights that turn off when the turn signal comes on (Thanks BCS for the suggestion on the Mini timed relays). So my 2nd immediate assessment, yeah, this was well worth the effort!!!!

Now prior to doing this mod I had already had my ECU flashed by BCS on site and on his Dyno. I had K&N air filters in my stock salad bowls and I have a Velocity Pro 2 into 1 pipe. So not exactly a stock bike. A couple of the folks I ride with have this mod done and at highway speeds if we hit it, they'd walk away from me pretty well, so I witnessed the effects. I ride quite a bit and consider myself to be fairly intune, if you will, with my bike and how it performs, especially any differences, anomalies etc (same in my vehicles). I was out again today for another 30+ mile ride as well. I'm here to tell you, I found it to be a marked, substantial and noticeable improvement from where it was. I will say it is only a tad louder than it already was in my opinion so not really feeling like that's an issue at all, not that any increased loudness would really be any detriment in my opinion either. As for the question of work vs reward...I suppose that depends on your current level of ability and/or your interest in improving it. I am an IT professional by trade and have never considered myself very mechanically inclined, but I'm not afraid to try and certainly interested in learning and improving my abilities in that area. I would say this job was not actually all that difficult even for a modestly adept home mechanic. Plus there's lots of folks who have done this, and I got plenty of support in the community to assist me with this. I'd say the biggest obstacle one may face is acquiring a plate like the one I got, but with some resourcefulness even that is not insurmountable. To that end I'd say the reward at least for me was well worth the effort, plus a bit more effort actually makes the reward sweeter does it not? So for me anyway, the debate is over, this mod is absolutely worth it, and any argument about the warmer air under the gas tank negating the overall effect is academic at best (at least for me), as I don't find that to be at all an issue. Also if that is a serious concern for you, consider that any intakes you have now which are connected via hoses to the existing airbox could fairly easily be modified (more specifically the hoses could) to bring same said cool air from outside into the space under the tank, so I don't even see how that is an overall concern when it is so easily mitigated. That's my $0.02 on the matter, YMMV.

By the way, I mentioned this over on FB I think, but big shout out to Chris Pressey (Chrispy) for all the advice and help with my AB delete!
    Dont worry, after seeing your post about the FLATZ switchbacks, I may buy another set of FLATZ just to copy your setup! Love how it turned out and would need to ask advice on setting them up like yours as well lol

Very Active Member

mythos, I am glad it worked out for you .
    Me , to tell you the truth , I have more than enough power on this thing that I can barely handle . My little mods , the hyperchargers Pro R , a 2 to 1 Cobra exhaust , along with the X-TRE and the Cobra fuel management have transformed this bike into a red demon .
    At first ,( the trottle was very touchy) but I was riding afraid that the bike would run out from under me and would leave me sitting on the pavement one day , so I was getting home with a lot of pain on my arms and hands from grabbing the handlebars soo tight …. That is why I ordered a backrest that gave me the support I needed and at the same time it was very comfortable , so I solved the problem and I was more comfortable , a win win . I also fixed the trottle adjustment , too so it is now very smooth .
    And you are right : these bikes pull like there is no tomorrow , lol...
    Last edited by josey088; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:20 PM.

mythos, I am glad it worked out for you .
    Me , to tell you the truth , I have more than enough power on this thing that I can barely handle . My little mods , the hyperchargers Pro R , a 2 to 1 Cobra exhaust , along with the X-TRE and the Cobra fuel management have transformed this bike into a red demon .
    At first ,( the trottle was very touchy) but I was riding afraid that the bike would run out from under me and would leave me sitting on the pavement one day , so I was getting home with a lot of pain on my arms and hands from grabbing the handlebars soo tight . That is why I ordered a backrest that gave me the support I needed and at the same time it was very comfortable , so I solved the problem and I was more comfortable , a win win . I also fixed the trottle adjustment , too so it is now very smooth .
    And you are right : these bikes pull like there is no tomorrow , lol...
    Yeah when I first got the bike I was a bit worries about the same thing on the stock seat. Once I got my Ultimate seat that helped immensely (I didn't get the back rest, but it has a much more substantially "back" than the stock seat anyway, a much more secure feeling). Sounds like with the various mods you have, you also likely have an unleashed beast on your hands as well...all good, different ways to get to the same end. In all honestly a big part of my desire to do this project was partly rooted in my interest in increasing my mechanical abilities and I like working on the bike to do so...a bit of, I just wanted to see if I could...lol

Quote Originally Posted by Chrispy View Post
    Dont worry, after seeing your post about the FLATZ switchbacks, I may buy another set of FLATZ just to copy your setup! Love how it turned out and would need to ask advice on setting them up like yours as well lol
    So here's where I may have a blind spot. When I got my bike (used) it already had Led switchback running lights installed. They didn't flash fast either, so I'm guessing what ever control/relay needed to be put in place to keep that from happening was already done, and because they had the white running light, there's 3 wires coming from the bike to them. I don't know if that's stock or not? I there's a green wire which is the white running light, a black wire which is the amber signal and a black wire with a white stripe that is common ground (I'm still confounded as to why those last 2 aren't reversed). As a result, it was easy enough for me to wire in the lights with amber and white, and then more recently to add in the mini timed Relays...so I can help you with all that except if you don't have the 3 wires to start with..lol

Name:	front signal wires.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	44.4 KB
ID:	388050 Click image for larger version.

Name:	Front blinker connectors.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	388052

Mythos - Id be willing to bet that all M109s are 3 wire front signals lol

And I could be mistaken since Ive never used switchbacks before but I believe its just a simple change of the bulb if youre running the stock lollipops

I already have FLATZ on mine but just the straight amber ones, they work fine with no troubles at all, but the switch backs look like theyd be more visible to oncoming traffic

Very Active Member

Well, guys, I have done some mods on lighting too I have the 3030 JDM Astar 1157 led bulbs installed at the front on the same factory base , no modifications at all and they are incredible . Normally they are white (6000k) with 1500 lumens each but when the turn signals are clicked on , they convert to amber turn signals .
    So when you start the bike the switchbacks light up along with the main headlight , adding 3000 lumens to the main beam light (I have a 6000k led low/high beam bulb also installed ) so the amount of projected super white light is greatly increased and the turn signals are much more visible because they are bright amber led .
    At the rear , I installed the G5 Revo knight led kit under the cowl .
    This G5 emits a pulsating bright led light across the side from left to right , It comes with a remote that allows to switch a variety of different colors , patterns etc . I left it on red to avoid being stopped by a jealous cop just in case .
    It also turns solid red when the brakes are applied so it is very visible .
    But the best thing is that it also works as a turn signal when turned on , giving me a double turn signal led on each side , very , very visible .
    To complete the rear lighting mods I also ordered the Custom dynamic`s M109R LED turn signal array along with the flasher relay .
    I de-beavered the bike completely , mounted the license plate on the left side , took out the turn signals and installed the Custom Dynamics LED kit under the rear fender .
    Now, as I said previously , the turn signals work as double , one on the upper side under the cowl and the other on the lower side under the fender very cool , but most importantly , very visible .
    These mods allowed me to get rid of the ugly beaver and the rear turn signal lights and I was finally able to install the license plate on the side , so win win all the way .
    Here, the two led kits can be seen the G5 under the cowl and the CDs under the fender .

Here the switchbacks can be seen lighted on

Vv
    So I know there's a massive amount of debate on this subject and the whole argument about the hot air vs the air box restrictions etc...Here's my initial thoughts after taking her out for a quick 6 mile ride just to make sure everything was running well, and then my next response after taking her out for a longer ride.

Ok, so I just took her for a short spin to road test everything out. Let me tell you. Those of you still debating this can save your academics and semantics etc, my girl went from the sledge hammer blunt trauma beast we all know and love to a ****ing angry fire breathing hell demon.. holy ****, amen.

Next Day -

So I just went on a 30 mile shakedown ride after completing the Airbox delete and some lighting stuff I worked on this weekend. I had taken her out for a quick 5 mile spin yesterday to make sure everything was running as it should etc. But I wanted to get out on the Highway and really flog her a bit. I also wanted to see if my initial reaction was more bias just having put that much work into the project or if it really felt that substantially improved. I gotta say, I don't think it was biassed. These bikes pull like a mac truck anyway, now it feels more like a JATO assisted carrier launch. It's insane. No F1 lights (knock on wood) everything felt right, she sounds even better than before, and I think I may be the only person in the world with a set of Flatz that have white running lights that turn off when the turn signal comes on (Thanks BCS for the suggestion on the Mini timed relays). So my 2nd immediate assessment, yeah, this was well worth the effort!!!!

Now prior to doing this mod I had already had my ECU flashed by BCS on site and on his Dyno. I had K&N air filters in my stock salad bowls and I have a Velocity Pro 2 into 1 pipe. So not exactly a stock bike. A couple of the folks I ride with have this mod done and at highway speeds if we hit it, they'd walk away from me pretty well, so I witnessed the effects. I ride quite a bit and consider myself to be fairly intune, if you will, with my bike and how it performs, especially any differences, anomalies etc (same in my vehicles). I was out again today for another 30+ mile ride as well. I'm here to tell you, I found it to be a marked, substantial and noticeable improvement from where it was. I will say it is only a tad louder than it already was in my opinion so not really feeling like that's an issue at all, not that any increased loudness would really be any detriment in my opinion either. As for the question of work vs reward...I suppose that depends on your current level of ability and/or your interest in improving it. I am an IT professional by trade and have never considered myself very mechanically inclined, but I'm not afraid to try and certainly interested in learning and improving my abilities in that area. I would say this job was not actually all that difficult even for a modestly adept home mechanic. Plus there's lots of folks who have done this, and I got plenty of support in the community to assist me with this. I'd say the biggest obstacle one may face is acquiring a plate like the one I got, but with some resourcefulness even that is not insurmountable. To that end I'd say the reward at least for me was well worth the effort, plus a bit more effort actually makes the reward sweeter does it not? So for me anyway, the debate is over, this mod is absolutely worth it, and any argument about the warmer air under the gas tank negating the overall effect is academic at best (at least for me), as I don't find that to be at all an issue. Also if that is a serious concern for you, consider that any intakes you have now which are connected via hoses to the existing airbox could fairly easily be modified (more specifically the hoses could) to bring same said cool air from outside into the space under the tank, so I don't even see how that is an overall concern when it is so easily mitigated. That's my $0.02 on the matter, YMMV.
    Mythos, thank you for posting your comments, and being open, frank, and unbiased in your evaluation of your Air Box Delete mod. Right now, you have me EXTREMELY intrigued about this mod. Back over 9 or 10 years ago, I wanted to have this mod done to my first 9 (07 model), which I still have with only 14,000 miles on it. However, Due to the comments and doubts of several members here who are much smarter than myself, in terms of mechanics and producing power, I gave up on my desire to have this mod performed, because I wasnt sure the Air Box Delete mod would actually/factually enhance the improvement of my bike. In other words, I became convinced that it just wasnt worth all the trouble and/or time, and I would likely be disappointed in the outcome/performance, or the lack there of. You have reignited that fire in me about having this mod done on the 14 LE model 9 I now have.

Moreover, I have a question I hope you can answer for me. What Id like to know from you is...Can you confirm that doing the Air Box Delete mod can/will greatly improve performance even in conjunction with a set of aftermarket intakes and an aftermarket 2 into 1 exhaust? Also, can you confirm that its possible to route the Air Intake hoses to allow for even more cool air to be forced/directed underneath the tank, where the Air Box Delete mod is located?

Thank you Bro,
    Bobby

Vv

Mythos, thank you for posting your comments, and being open, frank, and unbiased in your evaluation of your Air Box Delete mod. Right now, you have me EXTREMELY intrigued about this mod. Back over 9 or 10 years ago, I wanted to have this mod done to my first 9 (07 model), which I still have with only 14,000 miles on it. However, Due to the comments and doubts of several members here who are much smarter than myself, in terms of mechanics and producing power, I gave up on my desire to have this mod performed, because I wasnt sure the Air Box Delete mod would actually/factually enhance the improvement of my bike. In other words, I became convinced that it just wasnt worth all the trouble and/or time, and I would likely be disappointed in the outcome/performance, or the lack there of. You have reignited that fire in me about having this mod done on the 14 LE model 9 I now have.

Moreover, I have a question I hope you can answer for me. What Id like to know from you is...Can you confirm that doing the Air Box Delete mod can/will greatly improve performance even in conjunction with a set of aftermarket intakes and an aftermarket 2 into 1 exhaust? Also, can you confirm that its possible to route the Air Intake hoses to allow for even more cool air to be forced/directed underneath the tank, where the Air Box Delete mod is located?

Thank you Bro,
    Bobby
    I mean I feel like I've pretty much answered these questions to the best of my abilities based on my observations. Once BCS gets back from mars (or Alaska, same difference at this point) we'll try to work out a time when I can get over there and we can put it on the dyno and see. I still feel like it is better when I ride it, but that is based on feel alone. As for the hoses from the intakes I checked when I had it all together and I could likely have put the hose at least on the right side back in place w/o any modification...unfortunately I put the tank on before putting the salad bowls back on when I buttoned everything up and I didn't want to put the hose in place w/o being able to see it and make sure it was not touching anything etc...so next time I take the tank off I'll likely do that to both sides. I will most likely get some large coolant hoses or something to modify and attach to the salad bowls as opposed to cutting and or modifying the stock ones, just in case I ever want to undo this. Consider the stock intakes, the hole the air enters through is on the back of the damn thing, basically right against the engine anyway...to whatever extent that routed air into the airbox, just having the hose up into the space would effectively be conveying the same amount of air into the space as far as I can tell. Any aftermarket or Duck's cut intake etc is then also likely to increase the air moving through the hose if one were to do that again as far as I can tell. Weather or not that would make any amount of noticeable difference, I can't say at this time. What I'm actually really interested in finding a way to do would be to have a temperature probe in the space that records the temps as I'm riding along so I can look at a graph...would be even better if there was some way via a phone app or something to include speed telemetry with that as well to see temp vs speed in the space to get an idea of how hot or not the air under there actually is, and if moving at speed makes any difference (with or w/o intakes etc...) Anyone have any ideas on a setup / phone app that might do that? Maybe some form of blue tooth temp probe with an integrated phone app that uses GPS for speed to track both items and graph it? COuld be a great idea for an app if there are any app programers out there....

Well, guys, I have done some mods on lighting too I have the 3030 JDM Astar 1157 led bulbs installed at the front on the same factory base , no modifications at all and they are incredible . Normally they are white (6000k) with 1500 lumens each but when the turn signals are clicked on , they convert to amber turn signals .
    So when you start the bike the switchbacks light up along with the main headlight , adding 3000 lumens to the main beam light (I have a 6000k led low/high beam bulb also installed ) so the amount of projected super white light is greatly increased and the turn signals are much more visible because they are bright amber led .
    At the rear , I installed the G5 Revo knight led kit under the cowl .
    This G5 emits a pulsating bright led light across the side from left to right , It comes with a remote that allows to switch a variety of different colors , patterns etc . I left it on red to avoid being stopped by a jealous cop just in case .
    It also turns solid red when the brakes are applied so it is very visible .
    But the best thing is that it also works as a turn signal when turned on , giving me a double turn signal led on each side , very , very visible .
    To complete the rear lighting mods I also ordered the Custom dynamic`s M109R LED turn signal array along with the flasher relay .
    I de-beavered the bike completely , mounted the license plate on the left side , took out the turn signals and installed the Custom Dynamics LED kit under the rear fender .
    Now, as I said previously , the turn signals work as double , one on the upper side under the cowl and the other on the lower side under the fender very cool , but most importantly , very visible .
    These mods allowed me to get rid of the ugly beaver and the rear turn signal lights and I was finally able to install the license plate on the side , so win win all the way .
    Here, the two led kits can be seen the G5 under the cowl and the CDs under the fender .

Looks great - what part of FL are you in? I'm in East Orlando.

I mean I feel like I've pretty much answered these questions to the best of my abilities based on my observations. Once BCS gets back from mars (or Alaska, same difference at this point) we'll try to work out a time when I can get over there and we can put it on the dyno and see. I still feel like it is better when I ride it, but that is based on feel alone. As for the hoses from the intakes I checked when I had it all together and I could likely have put the hose at least on the right side back in place w/o any modification...unfortunately I put the tank on before putting the salad bowls back on when I buttoned everything up and I didn't want to put the hose in place w/o being able to see it and make sure it was not touching anything etc...so next time I take the tank off I'll likely do that to both sides. I will most likely get some large coolant hoses or something to modify and attach to the salad bowls as opposed to cutting and or modifying the stock ones, just in case I ever want to undo this. Consider the stock intakes, the hole the air enters through is on the back of the damn thing, basically right against the engine anyway...to whatever extent that routed air into the airbox, just having the hose up into the space would effectively be conveying the same amount of air into the space as far as I can tell. Any aftermarket or Duck's cut intake etc is then also likely to increase the air moving through the hose if one were to do that again as far as I can tell. Weather or not that would make any amount of noticeable difference, I can't say at this time. What I'm actually really interested in finding a way to do would be to have a temperature probe in the space that records the temps as I'm riding along so I can look at a graph...would be even better if there was some way via a phone app or something to include speed telemetry with that as well to see temp vs speed in the space to get an idea of how hot or not the air under there actually is, and if moving at speed makes any difference (with or w/o intakes etc...) Anyone have any ideas on a setup / phone app that might do that? Maybe some form of blue tooth temp probe with an integrated phone app that uses GPS for speed to track both items and graph it? COuld be a great idea for an app if there are any app programers out there....
    Thank you. Your information has been most helpful. Can you list all the Filters you used for the mod? I want to make sure I get the right items for this mod.

I actually wanted to do that mod myself, years back. I let myself be talked out of it by others who expressed doubts because of the hot air. Meanwhile, on all my cages, I have similar set ups. And on the forums related to them, people are constantly telling me it's a waste of time. Yet, I feel, seat of the pants wise, that I gained power in all three instances. And sound. However, on all three, I also installed an intake up front behind the grill and have a hose routed to the vicinity of the air intake. Unseen but there. Only works when moving, but it' better than nothing.

There used to be a kit to do the mod, that included two metal tubes for getting some air up under the tank. I wish I had bought one of them when they sere still available.

The three cage pics are the Lightning, Mustang and Ranger. All have "hot air" intakes. LMAO!! They all run superbly.

If I had a template of the metal piece that is needed to mount the sensors, I could make them for anyone who wanted them. I am a Sheet Metal Mechanic by trade. I'm honestly giving these more thought since Mythos posted such a good bit of information about his success with them.

Name:	DSC01854.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	91.6 KB
ID:	388076 Click image for larger version.

Name:	DSC01856.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	388078 Click image for larger version.

Name:	01010052.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.2 KB
ID:	388080 Click image for larger version.

Name:	01010004.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	91.0 KB
ID:	388086 Click image for larger version.

Name:	a9c1904e53a65fd6ad4ef588b49c8f300_l.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	388088

Last edited by cbxer55; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:50 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I actually wanted to do that mod myself, years back. I let myself be talked out of it by others who expressed doubts because of the hot air. Meanwhile, on all my cages, I have similar set ups. And on the forums related to them, people are constantly telling me it's a waste of time. Yet, I feel, seat of the pants wise, that I gained power in all three instances. And sound. However, on all three, I also installed an intake up front behind the grill and have a hose routed to the vicinity of the air intake. Unseen but there. Only works when moving, but it' better than nothing.

There used to be a kit to do the mod, that included two metal tubes for getting some air up under the tank. I wish I had bought one of them when they sere still available.

The three cage pics are the Lightning, Mustang and Ranger. All have "hot air" intakes. LMAO!! They all run superbly.

If I had a template of the metal piece that is needed to mount the sensors, I could make them for anyone who wanted them. I am a Sheet Metal Mechanic by trade. I'm honestly giving these more thought since Mythos posted such a good bit of information about his success with them.
    Look in here...https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159223#/topics/159223?page=4

Thank you. Your information has been most helpful. Can you list all the Filters you used for the mod? I want to make sure I get the right items for this mod.
    Here's the 4 filters I used:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 (x2)

See the link to the thread I posted as well, much good info there.

I wish I had pre ordered some 1/4" ID, 1/2" ID and maybe even sme 5/8" ID silicone hoses, that would have been a lot easier than working with the stiff as hell hoses you get at autozone etc.

Look in here...https://www.m109riders.com/forums/showthread.php?t=159223#/topics/159223?page=4
    Nice drawing that lacks dimensions. Hard to duplicate something without linear dimensions. But yeah, I remember that thread from years ago. I thing that dude was the first to do this mod. Others followed, different filters have been used. Some even cut the frame, but no way Jose I'd do that one. Looks like several have done it without the metal plate at all.

Name:	20314_zpsf863cf84.jpg
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	388090 Click image for larger version.

Name:	03-KampNAirfiltersInstalled_zps88d99a47.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	69.8 KB
ID:	388092 Click image for larger version.

Name:	20120821_170633_zps65525120.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	81.1 KB
ID:	388094 Click image for larger version.

Name:	attachment-2_zpsc375725d.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	100.4 KB
ID:	388096 Click image for larger version.

Name:	fenderandexhaust006-1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	73.7 KB
ID:	388098

SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    Nice drawing that lacks dimensions. Hard to duplicate something without linear dimensions. But yeah, I remember that thread from years ago. I thing that dude was the first to do this mod. Others followed, different filters have been used. Some even cut the frame, but no way Jose I'd do that one. Looks like several have done it without the metal plate at all.
    But you might be able to request that template so it can be machined...alternatively I'll see if I can get dimensions for you.