What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: What Have You Done To Your 9 Lately?

Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Look at it as I walk by it in the garage. No future plans but to ride it.
    yeah same here. put a new led headlight bulb in it. live in montana. so riding season is regrettably short. my driveway is still under snow/ice. maybe a month out on the 1st ride.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

I feel like I could have posted on this thread weekly for about a year.

Today was galfer rear rotor, swap to different shorty kickstand, and pulled off my led tail that’s faulty. Sending it back for a swap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	013F4D99-0CF9-402A-8D7F-5BC82B36BBF4_1583374197791.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	387002 Click image for larger version.

Name:	CC9D4FDD-AAA1-4BDB-BBF2-AFFFE8F3F475_1583374213150.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	387004

Another big day today, received my air intake covers back from Ducks and MAN does he do some great work! I opted to color match the mesh with the factory stripe on my 9 (Candy Max Orange - ColorRite.com). Len got them all fixed up and back to me super quick. If you are still rocking the factory intakes with no desire to purchase an aftermarket set, PLEASE do yourself a favor...head to DucksCovers.com, take a look at his photo gallery, and upgrade yours ASAP!

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Those intakes look really nice.
    Makes the bike pop much more than the stock salad bowls and they give the bike a more unique and individual look than most off the shelf aftermarket intakes.
    I like it.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by BIGSTUF View Post
    Another big day today, received my air intake covers back from Duck’s and MAN does he do some great work! I opted to color match the mesh with the factory stripe on my 9 (Candy Max Orange - ColorRite.com). Len got them all fixed up and back to me super quick. If you are still rocking the factory intakes with no desire to purchase an aftermarket set, PLEASE do yourself a favor...head to DucksCovers.com, take a look at his photo gallery, and upgrade yours ASAP!
    Nice covers BIGSTUF! I can’t agree more! Len is freaking awesome! I sent him some photos of what I was looking for and he sent me two drawings he came up with. One of which is what you see in the photos. I told him I wanted them to blend with the bike. He suggested going with the black background and blue outline. He was spot on! And they turned out great! I’ll go with G-Man’s intakes if I do go with aftermarkets just to keep Duck’s covers. Replaced the factory filters with K&Ns and popped ‘em on. I liked them so much I made the engine close up my wallpaper on my phone!

Name:	3B61F8E4-7CD9-4F92-A71B-258BF122D2AC_1583811122487.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	387044 Click image for larger version.

Name:	77911019-95D0-415F-BC5A-55D2D8CEB942_1583811150486.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	387046 Click image for larger version.

Name:	448DF9D0-6514-4FB0-934B-8A13716DE7C4_1583811188709.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	23.5 KB
ID:	387048

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Those intakes look really nice.
    Makes the bike pop much more than the stock salad bowls and they give the bike a more unique and individual look than most off the shelf aftermarket intakes.
    I like it.

BCS
    Im all set up and ready for the riding season now thanks to Ducks and you guys at BCS, now if I can just get the weather to cooperate!

Quote Originally Posted by V2Guido View Post
    Nice covers BIGSTUF! I cant agree more! Len is freaking awesome! I sent him some photos of what I was looking for and he sent me two drawings he came up with. One of which is what you see in the photos. I told him I wanted them to blend with the bike. He suggested going with the black background and blue outline. He was spot on! And they turned out great! Ill go with G-Mans intakes if I do go with aftermarkets just to keep Ducks covers. Replaced the factory filters with K&Ns and popped em on. I liked them so much I made the engine close up my wallpaper on my phone!
    Guido, those are SWEET!! I saw those covers on his Facebook page and wondered who they belonged to, glad you are liking them. They make that bike pop for sure!

Guido, those are SWEET!! I saw those covers on his Facebook page and wondered who they belonged to, glad you are liking them. They make that bike pop for sure!
    Thanks man! It’s basically the 82nd Airborne patch. Len did a great job adapting it to the shape of our covers.

Very Active Member

Smile

After getting used to a much more softer ride from my Indian Chieftain (which , btw , I have since sold... too heavy and too big ) I finally decided today to lower the damper shock to the lowest #1 setting on my M109r . I had it previously set at #2 for years , which was relatively ok but on the hard side , comparing it to the Indian , so I finally got around to do it . It took just one click down and was very easy once I lifted the bike on the jack a little bit and took off the weight from the rear tire .
    After that , I took the bike for a short spin and the ride is now effectively a little bit softer than on the #2 set … nothing to scream about it , but definitively more softer on bumps , where now it sucks up the impact better, so I am ok with it .

Last edited by josey088; 03-22-2020 at 07:26 AM.

Just put new springs and seals in the front and replaced the rotors with some I got off a forum member a few months ago. Going to wash it this weekend from the winter riding season to get ready for the spring riding season.

Default work in progress

- Still work in progress but So far have added a Full Tune ECU Flash (Shout out to Bering_C_Sparky) Amazing job its like riding a brand new 109 without limitations and very smooth shifting.

- Spike intake

- HT Moto white ostrich skin seat with Royal Blue Stitching. not finished installing seat cover for passenger yet. Ran out of staples LOL

- Rockville Audio bluetooth handle bar speakers ( my neighbor fabricated some riser brackets so the speakers blend in more with the bike other than sitting up high on the handle bars.) only wish they came in chrome but that's ok. The speakers get really loud. I can here them clearly up to about 75mph

- Elite 3 250 rear tire

-- Still looking for a decent price on Chrome Wheels Stock or Aftermarket. If anyone has links or knows anyone selling.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_2054.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	82.5 KB
ID:	387176Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_2060.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	57.1 KB
ID:	387178
    Last edited by BigBlue9; 03-19-2020 at 07:12 PM.

Installed 2 lowering bones, dropped it about 2-1/2 though... Im still happy with it

Ill be installing some xxx big air intakes, cyclops bulb, new front led turn signals, rear turn signal fender eliminates for rear and possibly a led kit. Oh... and a cardo packtalk for the helmet.

Velocity pro short, flashed ecu, XXX Big air intakes, kuryakyn grips, de-beavered, led head light, Blaze pin turn signals, led knight rider strip.

took her for the 1st ride of the season. live in northwestern montana. so riding season is short. but it was 55 and sunny today. looking at new exhaust. probably the freedom 2 into 1 turnout in black as i have a BOSS. steep price tag. but it sounds incredible.

Very Active Member

Galfer rotors, attached my swingarm tool bag, Revo 1" risers n painted some odds n ends Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200320_173504_HDR~3_1584895030264.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	51.1 KB
ID:	387206Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200320_165127_HDR~2_1584895053671.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	56.0 KB
ID:	387208Click image for larger version.

Name:	20200302_155208_HDR~2_1584895147072.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	45.7 KB
ID:	387210

Installed the Low & Mean chin scoop tonight...wasnt too bad at all. Honestly, it was nice to forget about the worries of the world for an hour or so at least!

Well, what I did to my 08 Crushed-Chrome M109R today was unforgivable and shameful. Me and my silly self thought Id make a quick run on the bike to WALMART, look around real quick, pick up a couple of small items, and jet back home...although it was already an overcast sky, and it looked like rain was definitely on the way. When I went inside WALMART, there was a very slight drizzle. I said to myself, Ill be in and out in just a short while. Well, when yours truly walked out of WALMART there was a torrential downpour going on. After standing there looking like a fool for about 10 minutes, hoping the rain would suddenly stop, I realized I was going to have to navigate my bike like a captain of a ship. By the time I made it home, I looked and felt like I had swam all the home. So, what I did to my 9 today was...I turned it into a ship, or at least a life raft. Man, you want to talk about poor decision-making...that was I. That rain beat us both into submission today.
    🤓🤪🤓

I received my ECM with a fresh flash from BCS in the mail. So I slapped that bad boy in. Then I put on a new rear tire. I decided to give that 260 Metzler M888 Ultra a try. It really looks like the bike should have came with that tire rather than the 240 Dunny. The 260 fills the rim nicely. Then I put the back seat, rear foot pegs, and back rest back on. I love the look of the rear cowl, but I am trying to get my wife to go for a ride. She calls it the death machine. Wish me luck on getting her on the back.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Well, what I did to my 08 Crushed-Chrome M109R today was unforgivable and shameful. Me and my silly self thought Id make a quick run on the bike to WALMART, look around real quick, pick up a couple of small items, and jet back home...although it was already an overcast sky, and it looked like rain was definitely on the way. When I went inside WALMART, there was a very slight drizzle. I said to myself, Ill be in and out in just a short while. Well, when yours truly walked out of WALMART there was a torrential downpour going on. After standing there looking like a fool for about 10 minutes, hoping the rain would suddenly stop, I realized I was going to have to navigate my bike like a captain of a ship. By the time I made it home, I looked and felt like I had swam all the home. So, what I did to my 9 today was...I turned it into a ship, or at least a life raft. Man, you want to talk about poor decision-making...that was I. That rain beat us both into submission today.
    I think I was able to pull up some surveillance footage from that Walmart parking lot you were in Judah! Buddy, looks like you were struggling!

I think I was able to pull up some surveillance footage from that Walmart parking lot you were in Judah! Buddy, looks like you were struggling!
    😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣...Its AMAZING you were able to find that footage of me BIGSTUF. I was truly in trouble out there yesterday. Im just glad my 9 has TRANSFORMER type capabilities, much like Optimus Prime, Bumblebee, and the others. I now know that our 9s have a unique floatation device feature, not match by any other bike manufacturer in the world!!!😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

So far this year I have put in a new battery, Rerouted and added a switch for my accessories. I also installed the mean cycles bag bracket along with a Viking Solo bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    2006 Blurple M109R

Quote Originally Posted by PECoachK View Post
    So far this year I have put in a new battery, Rerouted and added a switch for my accessories. I also installed the mean cycles bag bracket along with a Viking Solo bag.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    Coach, that thing is looking great! Glad you were able to get that Viking bag installed

Bagged

Bagged w/ 8" subs

Name:	Screenshot_20200408-184845_Photo Editor_1586386345809.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	17.5 KB
ID:	387748

Cleaned it up really good. Topped up the tank with 93 octane. Rode it to work. The long way.

It was pretty dirty. Even though not being ridden, we've had some freaky windy days. Even in a garage, the bikes got coated with dust pretty bad.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Left her in shambles lol.....dropped off the rear wheel, newly purchase 21 front wheel, crash bars, and bag rail plates for some orange powder coating to match the stripe. Also received some new Metzeler shoes for when the parts get back. Its all coming together!

Very Active Member

Well, today I ordered the CAREUD M3 TPMS air pressure monitoring system .
    I have been wanting to get one for some time now , and I didn`t want one of those cell phone Bluetooth type .. I want a wireless one , rechargeable with a little screen that can be mounted on the bike , so this is it .
    It has pretty good reviews and it is cheap , so I went for it .

Quote Originally Posted by josey088 View Post
    Well, today I ordered the CAREUD M3 TPMS air pressure monitoring system .
    I have been wanting to get one for some time now , and I didn`t want one of those cell phone Bluetooth type .. I want a wireless one , rechargeable with a little screen that can be mounted on the bike , so this is it .
    It has pretty good reviews and it is cheap , so I went for it .
    Josey, can you provide the link for that item you purchased? Im very interested in something like that for my bikes.

Thanks Bro.
    Bobby

Added a windshield today

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    Josey, can you provide the link for that item you purchased? I’m very interested in something like that for my bikes.

Thanks Bro.
    Bobby
    Yeah, sure . Here it is :
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Wireless-Motorcycle-TPMS-Tire-Pressure-Monitoring-System-Motor-Tyre-Auto-Alarm/133021011118?hash=item1ef8ab8cae:g:4c4AAOSwjB9a7nD V

Judah , for some unknown reason I cannot download the damn link correctly . In any case, it is on ebay under CAREUD TPMS motorcycle . Cost me $54.00 from China ( I know , but it is not sold here so I had no choice ). There are some others a little bit cheaper but the shipping time is way more longer so I decided to spend 8 dollars more to save a month wait. Cheers... J

Last edited by josey088; 04-11-2020 at 06:28 PM.