M109 Rider Forums banner

Curent and Upcoming Mods

3K views 27 replies 11 participants last post by  JUDAH-9 
#1 ·
It's winter, new ride and I can't relax so......

In no particular order:

1. Engine Guards
2. EVO Shift Star
3. Pivot Bushing For Shifter
4. Ivan's ECU Flash
5. RAM Mount
6. Ultimate Seat (Thanks JUDAH-9) You Daaaa Man!
7. Spike Air Intakes, Minus The Spikes. K&N Filter With Black PreFilter
8. Might Go Keyless (Guard Dawg)
9. Fender Bye Bye Kit, Turn Signals
10. Driving Lights
11. HID Headlight
12. Wider Tires
13. Grip & Levers
14. Jardine Quick Release Sissy For My Sissys
15. Custom Quick Release For Rear Seat/Cover
16. Hard Krome Velocity Pro Exhaust
17. Bar End Turn Signals

I think that's it :eek:
Shhh....Don't tell the wife!! She thinks the money spent on the new bike was enough, but we all know the savings in fuel offsets all the extra expenses! LMFAO

I will do my best to take photos along the way and keep ya posted.

See less See more
#3 ·
Are you going with aftermarket, wider wheels to facilitate your wide/fat tire mod?
No I don't thinks so. I have just seen briefly how alot of 9ers just go up a size for a more curved profile.
And with me coming from nothing but sport bikes, I hope it will feel a little bit more like home :D

I just ordered the shift star so I can hurry and get it in.
That combo of 1 N 2 gears...... eeeeewwwwww

And that Surging!!! Makes me look like I'm rocking out lol

#5 ·
Looks like a hefty list. Should be an awesome setup when done.

Any chance you have more info on this? Cant say I've seen much on this item.

#7 ·
#6 ·
It's winter, new ride and I can't relax so......

In no particular order:

1. Engine Guards
2. EVO Shift Star
4. Ivan's ECU Flash
5. RAM Mount
6. Ultimate Seat (Thanks JUDAH-9) You Daaaa Man!
7. Spike Air Intakes, Minus The Spikes. K&N Filter With Black PreFilter
8. Might Go Keyless (Guard Dawg)
9. Fender Bye Bye Kit, Turn Signals
10. Driving Lights
11. HID Headlight
12. Wider Tires
13. Grip & Levers
14. Jardine Quick Release Sissy For My Sissys
15. Custom Quick Release For Rear Seat/Cover
16. Hard Krome Velocity Pro Exhaust
17. Bar End Turn Signals

I think that's it :eek:
Shhh....Don't tell the wife!! She thinks the money spent on the new bike was enough, but we all know the savings in fuel offsets all the extra expenses! LMFAO

I will do my best to take photos along the way and keep ya posted.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought the shift star was to fix the shifting issues in the early M109R models? I was under the impression that it won't do anything for the late models.

I also strongly recommend BCS for the ECU tune, he is active on these forums. BSC has received a new firmware that unlocks a couple more goodies in the ECU. He currently has my ECU which I can't wait to try out in the spring.
I've heard mixed thoughts regarding Ivan.

Have fun with your modding!

#10 · (Edited)
We will find out if the shift star makes any sort of difference, I am sure hoping so.

And as far as the bronze bushing helping, I'm thinking it just might. My FZ was always binding shortly after a clean and lube, the roads here in Michigan are NEVER clean... So will the bronze help? IDK, but hell worth a try.

I will look into the BCS tune as well. My old sv650 and my FZ1 are both "ivanized" and I've been impressed with them, granted they are carbed setups.

#11 ·
As stated above , the wider tire will in no way make it more sport bikeish. Contrary it will take more effort. The difference from 240 to 260 was not very noticeable. The difference between the 240 and 280 an a 10" wheel was immediately noticeable. Much more input needed by the rider to take corners. I love the way it looks but do not expect to gain anything from a wider tire aside from an aesthetic uograde.

#12 ·
So your telling me that a 240 to 250 on the stock rim, won't give the tire a more rounded profile, making for a steeper angle? Thus making for a lighter turn in? I understand the 9 isn't going to come close to a sportbike in terms of handling (lower COG, way wider rear, etc)

Parts ordered so far......

HID
Bar end signals
Driving lights
New Rage rear signals
Grips
Plate mount
Intake
Engine guards

Also, my speedometer is waaay off!? Almost 10 MPH slow. Is this common?

#15 ·
Thanks for the input from everyone!!

Busy busy day yesterday:

New bike jack that needs slightly widened
Automotive tire Bumper Floor Automotive exterior Automotive wheel system

Ram Mount (my speedo healer)
Motor vehicle Electronic instrument Automotive design Audio equipment Gadget

New box in the tiniest garage with WAY to much S***
Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Wood Gas

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Backup cam and lights wired up
Font Building Facade Tree City

#16 ·
And "Save time and money" by working out at home!
And as a added BONUS!! Tripping your family in the middle of the night!!!
Exercise machine Building Wood Plant Treadmill

I guess I have been bleesed with this so far mild winter, it's given me the extra time to get some spring projects wrapped up now, leaving more time with the kids come spring.

#19 ·
I went straight from the stock tires to Cobra Chrome 130/70 and 260/40, for me that change was a night and day difference as far as feel. To me, it feels like the bike just rolls from side to side much more easily. I think that is due to the Cobra tire having a more round profile than the stock tires, both front and rear, and the rear even slightly more so with the 260 on the stock wheel. Now as I said, I went straight from stock tires to this, so I can't say if the 130/70 and 240/40 Cobra Chrome combo would have felt the same. Like said above, ground clearance is your biggest obstacle. Even though the bike transitions much better, you're still gonna run out of clearance much sooner than you are used to.

The 260 is only going to raise the rear ride height roughly somewhere between 1/4" or 1/2", so pretty negligible. If you're a heavier rider, getting the correct springs for your forks may help some by keeping them up a little higher instead of sagging down too low.

The 109 was my first cruiser also, have always ridden sport/naked bikes. The 109 handles very well, for the type of bike it is, but you have to keep reminding yourself that it's not a sport bike. In a straight line with that power and rev range, it sure feels like one.......

#25 · (Edited)
I just ordered a RAM Mount knock off with a wireless charger built in. I will have some pics up later today.....

Also who here has and uses a tank bra? And if you do, hows your paint holding up under it?

#26 ·
I've had one on my 07' model now for over 10 years, and I've not had any issues with it. It has protected the tank on my 9 extremely well, and has not harmed the paint in any way. One of the keys is to always remove the tank bra and allow it to completely dry, if any water or moisture gets underneath it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.