New 109 Owner

Thread: New 109 Owner

Default New 109 Owner

Hello everyone!! Proud new owner today and short time lurker lol
    First off...WHAT A BIKE!!! I'm still breaking it in when weather permits up here in MI :(
    I have already ordered some parts for her... OEM engine gaurds and Hard Krome exhaust, mmmm cant wait.
    But there is one thing im finding hard to locate. I'm short and want a elusive gel seat, but no such luck so far.

And has anyone made or bought mounts for driving lights, so I can mount them to the front turn signal mount?

Any help will be much loved!!

Off to work I go :( Have a great day everyone!! :)

Quick EDIT Has anyone come up with a quick release system for the back cover/seat?
    Last edited by VZR B.o.s.s; 12-30-2019 at 10:12 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ride. Post up some pictures when you get a chance.
    (Gone) 2014 M109R B.O.S.S.

(Current) 2019 M109R B.O.S.S.
    Cyclops LED headlight, Hard Krome Sideburner exhaust, Side Mount Tag, Under-tail turn signals

Congratulations and welcome to the forum!

Suzuki stopped making the gel seats that you are looking for years ago. They used to make 2 styles but now only make one.
    Check out the Bang for the Buck mods link in my signature.

Post pictures or it did not happen...
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by VZR B.o.s.s View Post
    First off...WHAT A BIKE!!! I'm still breaking it in when weather permits up here in MI :(
    I have already ordered some parts for her... OEM engine gaurds and Hard Krome exhaust, mmmm cant wait.
    But there is one thing im finding hard to locate. I'm short and want a elusive gel seat, but no such luck so far.

And has anyone made or bought mounts for driving lights, so I can mount them to the front turn signal mount?

Quick EDIT Has anyone come up with a quick release system for the back cover/seat?
    Congratulations on becoming an M109R owner, and welcome to the Forum. As for a seat that will push you closer to your handlebars, the Ultimate Seat is primarily made for that...and it’s extremely more comfortable than any gel or stock seat. I have one for sale that’s is practically brand new ($290 Shipped to anywhere in the U.S.) I’m a bit confused as to how you expect to mount driving lights to your front turn signal mounts.

Smile

Something like this Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rizoma_turn_signal_adapters_750x750.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	386386 so I can mount a stemmed light in its place.

And thank you all for the welcome!
    I will get some pics once the white crap gone

I will look into that seat. THX!

Maybe someone could help? Why is my profile picture not showing up? I see it when I look at my own profile, but not on the thread. Does it need aproved or something of the sort?

Maybe someone could help? Why is my profile picture not showing up? I see it when I look at my own profile, but not on the thread. Does it need aproved or something of the sort?
    Maybe the image is to large, try and resize it and see if it works.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Maybe the image is to large, try and resize it and see if it works.
    While that may be true, I thought they automatically got resized to a proper format.

And OP, welcome to the madness. A lot of long time owners here. I bought mine in July 2006 and still have it. Has just a tad over 36,100 miles on the clock and still as reliable as it was when new.

I have a Suzuki Full Cut gel seat on mine, very comfortable seat, unlike what some may say about it. Much better than the stock seat. I could barely ride 100 miles on the stock seat. The gel seat, I can ride out a tank of gas easily.

Far as driving lights, just put a LED bulb in the headlight bucket. You won't need to ugly up your bike with driving lights after doing that. The M109R, or M1800R as mine is badged, is one bad-ass bike. I don't like putting items on it that detract from the appearance at all. YMMV though. Everyones here does. LMAO!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

& to the Family!

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Hey OP congrats on your 2019, I bought one a few months ago as well. The white grew on me, and I get compliments everywhere I go on it. Up in Michigan huh? My home state but I'm in Texas now. I'm awaiting my ECU coming back from BCS Sparky, had a tune done on it after adding Velocity Pro exhaust and better intakes.

I'm short too and tried to find a gel seat. I ended up grabbing a Predator seat (one piece w/passenger) which offered a 1" lower seating position, but I like the cowl and have stock seat and cowl installed at the moment. I highly recommend a set of lowering links which will change the whole ride for you, and you'll be able to use stock seat. I'm 5'5" and can stand flat footed with stock seat. A lot of people installed their own, but I got a local shop to do it for $60 so I recommend checking around cause it can be tricky. Really a two person job as you have to monkey with the angle of the back tire/shock:

https://www.meancycles.com/store/par...?partID=227513

Hit me up if any questions I did all my upgrades recently..

https://www.m109riders.com/forums/al...?albumid=10924
    Last edited by Six; 2 Weeks Ago at 03:11 PM.

Welcome to the group! I run a small set of driving lights for when Im out on the back roads and want to see more into the ditches for deer and other critters. I have them mounted to the front reflector hole and wired up to only come on when my high beam is activated. Like CBX said a good LED headlight helps a lot and I only find myself needing the extra light a handful of times a year. Here is a close up of what they look like and then a few different angles of the bike to get an over all feel. I think they look good as they are not very big and noticeable, but offer a decent amount of extra light.

Name:  Capture.jpg
Views: 40
Size:  60.2 KB
    Name:  20190527_190702_HDR-01(1).jpg
Views: 41
Size:  103.1 KB
    Name:  20190727_222619_HDR-01.jpg
Views: 38
Size:  71.9 KB

BOTM: SEPT 2016
    'Veni, Vidi, Velcro' - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Welcome.

The back cover/seat is just two bolts. It doesn't take a few minutes to accomplish. What would be gained by making some contraption that costs too much, to save a few seconds?

Anyhow, I've never had a seat on the back of mine. I'm single, don't have a girl friend at this time, and not shopping for one. PERIOD. I seem to recall selling the gel back seat I had for mine some time ago. Not for sure. Have to go check the junk collection shelf in my garage. That's where it was. The junk collection rack. HAHA!!
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger