Bike cuts off in idle.

Thread: Bike cuts off in idle.

Default Bike cuts off in idle.

Alright guys if you can help pull this bike over the finish line, that'd be great. Got stuck in 5th gear coming off the highway. Had to stomp on the shift to get her down got it into 1st gear and limped the mile or two home turns out I threw a shift fork. I checked the clutch basket and it was fine. Finally, I removed the engine broke her down replaced the shift fork I had thrown out of its chamber. It had a flat spot and was catching in its run in its channel. She is now back together. She starts right up and sounds great while I roll on the throttle but when I let off the RPM's drop below 100 and she dies. If anyone can think of possible causes please drop me a line. By the way this site is awesome and you guys sharing your knowledge is truly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

So I think a little clarification is needed. Does it ever idle or does it die only after revving the motor? The bike should start on it's own without any throttle input.

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    So I think a little clarification is needed. Does it ever idle or does it die only after revving the motor? The bike should start on it's own without any throttle input.
    Awesome question Sir. I am having to give a very little throttle when starting. When I let off it wont idle. She just dies.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Then my first step would be looking at the air filters to make sure they are clean and then looking for any gas leaks or try to listen for it sucking air somewhere it isn't supposed to. Check the tubes that go from the air filters to the air box. These tend to crack and get brittle over time. Next would be the fuel filter in the tank. If all of that checks out then you need to start looking at some of the sensors. Here you tried to see if it is throwing any codes?

Do you have any fuel tuners installed or/and an aftermarket exhaust and air intake.
    Last edited by UVATom; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:22 AM.

Fuel filter is a strong possibility.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

Quote Originally Posted by futurR View Post
    Fuel filter is a strong possibility.
    I was thinking the same thing.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE