Negative Battery Cable

Thread: Negative Battery Cable

Default Negative Battery Cable

Just found my negative battery cable disconnected from the frame anyone have a pic where it bolts to the frame on 2007 M109r?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron32 View Post
    Just found my negative battery cable disconnected from the frame anyone have a pic where it bolts to the frame on 2007 M109r?

Originally Posted by Slowmo12
    Thank for the input... Unfortunately I can't do that right now I just had surgery on my foot so I'm stuck on crutches doing what I can on crutches while trying not to put any weight on it. Do you know of a way using a socket to turn the motor over. I heard some people say check the negative wire and make sure it's tight but I can't find where it ends

The frame ground wire is on the right side of the bike behind the side cover.

You can see where it connects in the photo below. (#24)

If you remove your derby cover on your generator case you will see a plug behind this.

Remove this plug and you can insert a socket through this hole and turn the crank by hand. (See photo below)

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails

Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post

Originally Posted by Slowmo12
    Thank for the input... Unfortunately I can't do that right now I just had surgery on my foot so I'm stuck on crutches doing what I can on crutches while trying not to put any weight on it. Do you know of a way using a socket to turn the motor over. I heard some people say check the negative wire and make sure it's tight but I can't find where it ends

The frame ground wire is on the right side of the bike behind the side cover.

You can see where it connects in the photo below. (#24)

If you remove your derby cover on your generator case you will see a plug behind this.

Remove this plug and you can insert a socket through this hole and turn the crank by hand. (See photo below)

BCS
    Attached Thumbnails

Thanks so much.