Fuel pump connector

Thread: Fuel pump connector

Default Fuel pump connector

Hey guys, has anyone ever replaced their fuel pump connectors? I blew my fuses and fuel pump connector jumping the bike. One wire melted and connector looks fried. It has to be getting some juice-I hear the pump coming on but it sounds totally different then before and the bike won't start.
    Last edited by Aaron32; 3 Weeks Ago at 06:59 PM. Reason: more info

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron32 View Post
    Hey guys, has anyone ever replaced their fuel pump connectors? I blew my fuses and fuel pump connector jumping the bike. One wire melted and connector looks fried. It has to be getting some juice-I hear the pump coming on but it sounds totally different then before and the bike won't start.
    Did you by chance get the cables reversed when you were jumping the bike?

BCS

Default Tech

Ok, here's the full story guys. First off let me say I'm a new rider. Actually took a Harley riding class for a week then cruised around my town for a few months. Then I got up the nerve to start hitting the highway. I'd do 6 to ten exits for a couple weeks before I made the jump and started riding to work 40 miles. Been riding about a year and a half when my bike got stuck in 5th gear coming off the exit. I threw a shift fork. Let me say I'm an aircraft mechanic so I thought I could handle the maintenance. I made the mistake of not removing the wire harness from the frame when I dropped the engine so I damaged the harness going to the starter. That took me a while to figure out. I kept jumping off the bike trying to figure out why she wouldn't just start and why she would die in idle. Don't do much electrical work, so that's where I'm at with this. Thinking of bringing it to a shop for this connector.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron32 View Post
    Ok, here's the full story guys. First off let me say I'm a new rider. Actually took a Harley riding class for a week then cruised around my town for a few months. Then I got up the nerve to start hitting the highway. I'd do 6 to ten exits for a couple weeks before I made the jump and started riding to work 40 miles. Been riding about a year and a half when my bike got stuck in 5th gear coming off the exit. I threw a shift fork. Let me say I'm an aircraft mechanic so I thought I could handle the maintenance. I made the mistake of not removing the wire harness from the frame when I dropped the engine so I damaged the harness going to the starter. That took me a while to figure out. I kept jumping off the bike trying to figure out why she wouldn't just start and why she would die in idle. Don't do much electrical work, so that's where I'm at with this. Thinking of bringing it to a shop for this connector.

You can always jumper the fried wire using banana-type connectors. No need to take it to the stealership.

...and as suggested, make sure you haven't crossed any wires.