OLD TIMERS STILL AROUND?? Those been here longer than 9 yrs
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OLD TIMERS STILL AROUND?? Those been here longer than 9 yrs

Default OLD TIMERS STILL AROUND?? Those been here longer than 9 yrs

since the facebook i rarely come in here... since i can chat with all my life long 9er friends .. But some dont do the facebook thing...

SO how are all the old timers that are still in here??

here's my facebook
    https://www.facebook.com/eric.witt.56

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by CMHGUY View Post
    since the facebook i rarely come in here... since i can chat with all my life long 9er friends .. But some dont do the facebook thing...

here's my facebook

Holly ****, I guess Im one of those old sorry bastards. I still feel like a newbie. Its been 10 years for me. On the FB thing now because of the lack of activity here.

I usually check in here every day or so feom my phone using Tapatalk, a lot quicker.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Holly ****, I guess Im one of those old sorry bastards. I still feel like a newbie. Its been 10 years for me. On the FB thing now because of the lack of activity here.

I usually check in here every day or so feom my phone using Tapatalk, a lot quicker.

I guess you can call me an old sorry bastard also Shane. Good to see you post up Eric.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    I guess you can call me an old sorry bastard also Shane. Good to see you post up Eric.

im older than both you sorry bastards,still drop in now and again but not much going on here..the good ole days are loooong gone..the sensitive Whiney members chased all the fun right out of here..guess this is what they wanted...silence
    we have a regional Ontario group now that’s finally got a good number of members..the Canada forum was always challenging ,hard to hook up for rides that were a 5 hour flight away
    Stav

Default Not the Same

Hard to believe I been here since 06. Don't do FB or any other "SOCIAL MEDIA" I don't post much but usually check in every day to see what's going on. Sure miss the old days of Lamonster and all the other "characters" that used to post daily. Times they are a changing. I'll be 71 in March and still love to ride. If "the man upstairs" agrees I'll be riding till 81 or more. Stay safe

Enjoy The Ride

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I guess I would be considered one of the OG's also. I joined here about 4-6 months before picking up my first 9. At that time, I had been riding for 1 year, and was on my second bike (Suzuki LC1500). Now I am on bike number 16 and 4 of them have been M109's.

Don't forget me, I was here almost right from the beginning! I still have a habit of checking this site every single day for some odd unknown reason... I guess in hopes of seeing and chatting to good old friends. My M109 has been long, long gone at this point, almost 6-7 years ago. I've had many new bikes since then, currently riding a Yamaha Super Tenere ES and a Yamaha MT-01

I still keep in touch with a couple of 9'rs on facebook. I guess I keep hoping one day that Suzuki will update the M109 with a new upgraded model, you know, something with ride by wire and cruise control and stuff that all the new brands are doing which is so great. I've always been a fan of the 9, but it needs some new blood.
    Previous Bikes: 2001 Honda Shadow VT750, 2005 Suzuki M50, 2005 Yamaha MT-01, 2008 Suzuki M109R LE. 1982 Honda CB900F, 2003 Honda ST1300, 2012 Rocket III Roadster Phantom Black
    Current Bikes: 2007 Yamaha MT-01 & 2016 Yamaha Super Tenere ES

Very Active Member the Other Orange 9's Avatar

here's my facebook

Still here...... Hard to believe in March, I will have had the Beast for 11 years.....

I was originally here from May 2006. I had a run in with a few here, and decided to delete all my posts and leave in 2998. Came back in 2009. I still see a "quote" with an old post of mine before 2009 on some really old threads. Thumpers is one of them, has a quote of mine from 2007. Anyhow, yeah, I'm still here. I refuse to do fakebook.

This thread. post #5, has an old quote of mine from June 2007. I don't think any of the other posters on that thread are even here anymore. Those were the real good old days.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 12-12-2019 at 12:33 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING
    White 2004 Ford Lightning
    Blue/Black 2007 Ford Mustang
    Red/Black 1998 Ford Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Montanalg View Post
    Hard to believe I been here since 06. Don't do FB or any other "SOCIAL MEDIA" I don't post much but usually check in every day to see what's going on. Sure miss the old days of Lamonster and all the other "characters" that used to post daily. Times they are a changing. I'll be 71 in March and still love to ride. If "the man upstairs" agrees I'll be riding till 81 or more. Stay safe

Enjoy The Ride
    I have a friend who is 83 and still rides an 06 blurple M109R. I bought my 08 B-King from him in September 2017.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Been here since 09.
    Blessed to be the best

Quote Originally Posted by the Other Orange 9 View Post
    Still here...... Hard to believe in March, I will have had the Beast for 11 years.....
    Come July, I'll have had mine 14 years.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Since July 2007. Bought it new May 2007 and just turned 64,000 miles. Many great ideas and help from this web site.

Whoa!...is the band getting back together?

Next month I'll be at 10 years. Still check the site daily.
    Been watching some of the FB groups but still find the forum to be a better place to find info.

Our local 9er crew has shrunk big time. I think of the 4-5 of us in Calgary only me and another guy still have our 9s. (Should call Bobthemedic and see how hes doing)
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Going on 10 yrs. for me also. Still have the 9 although haven't ridden much the last couple of years. This forum has been an invaluable source of info and ideas during all that time. Miss some of the "characters" from the early years but looks like still some of the old guard hanging around.
    Last edited by Landlubber; 12-12-2019 at 09:25 PM. Reason: typo
    "I used to think I was indecisive, now I'm not sure . . . "

good to hear some of the Old gang is still around..... i keep track of most everyone on FB... anyone heard from Zoom?

ill have to go thru my posts and dig up some of the old guys i wish i had kept in contact with...

Yea Ryan i keep an eye on your wives facebook page and try to guess where your at this week.........lol

i still got my 9... had a connie for a few yrs as well as the 9... Sold the connie kept the 9 and added a 2016 Honda goldwing got it new out of the box.. early this yr 2019..

love it so far as does the wife..

Join Date07-18-2008

"You cant argue with my 9mm..........well you can, but you'll end up bleeding alot"
    RUBZERK = Are You BZERK

Man....sounds like we might need a Old Timers M109 get together.....Vegas

Watch out might see Nemo and Skid pop back in here...

So far it looks like Ryan and I are the grandfathers around her.
    I am almost always working on a bike. If you have questions and need an answer quickly, just call me. 317-507-0940. Always up late. There will be time for sleep when I am dead!

good to hear some of the Old gang is still around..... i keep track of most everyone on FB... anyone heard from Zoom?

ill have to go thru my posts and dig up some of the old guys i wish i had kept in contact with...

Yea Ryan i keep an eye on your wives facebook page and try to guess where your at this week.........lol

i still got my 9... had a connie for a few yrs as well as the 9... Sold the connie kept the 9 and added a 2016 Honda goldwing got it new out of the box.. early this yr 2019..

love it so far as does the wife..
    I spoke with Mike, Zoom on his Birthday, about 3 weeks ago. I try to touch base with him at least a couple times a year. I try to keep in touch with several old members.
    Sometimes I need to see where I am...LOL
    CLICK HERE

I dont post much on the forum but ive been here since 06. On my 3rd 109. Its amazing that the bike still gives me the "wow" factor every time i ride her.

M

Quote Originally Posted by Landlubber View Post
    Going on 10 yrs. for me also. Still have the 9 although haven't ridden much the last couple of years. This forum has been an invaluable source of info and ideas during all that time. Miss some of the "characters" from the early years but looks like still some of the old guard hanging around.

Same for me! still coming every day to look what's new !!

good to see some of your old faces. I too do not do face plant. I am back and forth between the 9 and the busa.

2007 M109R | Smoked Tail | Debeavered | HardKandy 3" Drag Pipes| HID | Mini Turns

I have five vehicles, and am on forums for each of them. So yeah, bouncing back-and-forth between them. Some I check daily, like this one. Some a few times a week.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

... anyone heard from Zoom?
    Yo, someone call my name?

I guess I do like most of us old farts are doing; I get on here almost daily but don't login unless I have a PM or something to answer. Still have my 9, just don't ride it quite as much as I used to. Retirement got in the way of riding I guess. Not sure how or why that happened.

I really miss the old days on here when there was always something new being developed by vendors or members coming up with their own home-brewed mods. I doubt it will ever get back to that unless Suzuki comes out with a significant redesign.

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Yo, someone call my name?

I guess I do like most of us old farts are doing; I get on here almost daily but don't login unless I have a PM or something to answer. Still have my 9, just don't ride it quite as much as I used to. Retirement got in the way of riding I guess. Not sure how or why that happened.

I really miss the old days on here when there was always something new being developed by vendors or members coming up with their own home-brewed mods. I doubt it will ever get back to that unless Suzuki comes out with a significant redesign.
    Your ears must have been burning there Mike. I think you need to update your signature picture. Your 9 has some more bling now. 😀
    CLICK HERE

[QUOTE=Zoom;3991936]Yo, someone call my name?

tell the truth now Mike..remembering our passcode is the real problem

good to hear all is good and the 9 is still kicking..
    Stav

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Next month I'll be at 10 years. Still check the site daily.
    Been watching some of the FB groups but still find the forum to be a better place to find info.

Our local 9er crew has shrunk big time. I think of the 4-5 of us in Calgary only me and another guy still have our 9s. (Should call Bobthemedic and see how hes doing)
    Still riding mine in Calgary, just not right now.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....