OLD TIMERS STILL AROUND?? Those been here longer than 9 yrs - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OLD TIMERS STILL AROUND?? Those been here longer than 9 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
    Yo, someone call my name?

I guess I do like most of us old farts are doing; I get on here almost daily but don't login unless I have a PM or something to answer. Still have my 9, just don't ride it quite as much as I used to. Retirement got in the way of riding I guess. Not sure how or why that happened.

I really miss the old days on here when there was always something new being developed by vendors or members coming up with their own home-brewed mods. I doubt it will ever get back to that unless Suzuki comes out with a significant redesign.
    Holly crap....look who is still around and kickin..how is that retired life treating you and the wife?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Default Western PA Here

I've been here since 05-08-2006 when I bought my 2006 Black M109R. I traded it in on my 2007 Blue/White M109R LE in May 2007 and I still have her.

Carl
    2006 Black Suzuki M109R 05/05/06 (Traded for 2007 M109R LE)
    2007 Blue/White Suzuki M109R LE 05/02/07
    2003 Candy Red Honda VTX1800C 04/01/05 & 1973 Gold Honda CB750 Four 04/16/10
    1999 Black/Red Honda Valkyrie Interstate 05/05/12 (Sold 7/25/15)
    2013 Black Smoke Chrome LE Honda Goldwing F6B 04/26/14

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Your ears must have been burning there Mike. I think you need to update your signature picture. Your 9 has some more bling now. 😀
    Yup, definitely need to do that. Hope it doesn't take as long to update it as it did to make the changes.

[QUOTE=Stavros;3991940]

tell the truth now Mike..remembering our passcode is the real problem

good to hear all is good and the 9 is still kicking..
    Hah, I've got CRS now, if it weren't for Firefox remembering my password I'd probably need to start as a new user.

Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Holly crap....look who is still around and kickin..how is that retired life treating you and the wife?

Going great Shane, it's hard to believe I've been retired about 5 1/2 years now. I see you've changed location, did you finally retire from the military?

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

[QUOTE=Zoom;3991952]

Quote Originally Posted by Stavros View Post

Going great Shane, it's hard to believe I've been retired about 5 1/2 years now. I see you've changed location, did you finally retire from the military?
    Yep retires from the military in Nov 2015. Moved out to Dallas for the next career, in Finance.....wife said no more flying, was gone too much apparently...lol

Who you calling old timer?!?! Lol. Still around only it’s been 8 years for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi all.

It's nice to see the veterans still here .
    I joined this forum in 2012 and still have my 2007 '9 with 56K miles on it, so given my join date I'm not as veteran as you - I remember a couple of months after I got my '9, I purchased a TRE unit and Zoom helped me with the installation.

I also have had 3 minor crashes with the '9, I did not get any serious injury and the bike escaped with minor damage too.

A couple of weeks ago I unfortunately crashed seriously with my Kawasaki Versys 1000, but in a very odd way - I got the left big toe fractured and the bones of my left hand misaligned, so I was operated a few hours after the crash and now I'm at home with the toe and hand immobilized .
    On 31-DEC I have to go to the hospital to check my injuries again and hope that I can start to do some physiotherapy, next regain strength and back on the saddle.

Because of the crashes I've started also to consider the Can-AM Spyder F3-S as a alternative to motorcycles, since they have two wheels on the front. Actually 3 out of my 4 crashes were due to dirt road surface and I lost the front wheel.

One of the first member here was Lamonster and knew that he apparently stopped with the '9 and started to ride the Spyder - actually I see him very active on the Spyder forum.

Honestly I'd prefer to stick to motorcycles, but safety is now something more than a simple worry for me ... perhaps a Spyder is waiting for me around the corner? .
    Woe to You Oh Earth and Sea for the Devil sends the beast with wrath because he knows the time is short Let him who hath understanding reckon the number of the beast for it is a human number its number is M109R.

Tinman still here since 2010 or so still have black 2009 . Which we all know that's the fastest color. Hope to ride with the brothers over the border. If they ever get close to the falls... everyone ride safe.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk
    ]

Default january 2007 for me

parted out my first 9. Been riding a vstrom for awhile and now looking for my second 9. I recognize the user names still from way back.

I helped plan a vegas meet it was great!! Would be into it again in the future.
    Last edited by fishrocks17; 12-16-2019 at 05:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinman357 View Post
    Tinman still here since 2010 or so still have black 2009 . Which we all know that's the fastest color. Hope to ride with the brothers over the border. If they ever get close to the falls... everyone ride safe.

long time Roy,hope alls well... good to see you still have the 9 . You need to come up for a couple /3 days and get a long ride in ..
    Stav

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dommy View Post
    Hi all.

It's nice to see the veterans still here .
    I joined this forum in 2012 and still have my 2007 '9 with 56K miles on it, so given my join date I'm not as veteran as you - I remember a couple of months after I got my '9, I purchased a TRE unit and Zoom helped me with the installation.

I also have had 3 minor crashes with the '9, I did not get any serious injury and the bike escaped with minor damage too.

A couple of weeks ago I unfortunately crashed seriously with my Kawasaki Versys 1000, but in a very odd way - I got the left big toe fractured and the bones of my left hand misaligned, so I was operated a few hours after the crash and now I'm at home with the toe and hand immobilized .
    On 31-DEC I have to go to the hospital to check my injuries again and hope that I can start to do some physiotherapy, next regain strength and back on the saddle.

Because of the crashes I've started also to consider the Can-AM Spyder F3-S as a alternative to motorcycles, since they have two wheels on the front. Actually 3 out of my 4 crashes were due to dirt road surface and I lost the front wheel.

One of the first member here was Lamonster and knew that he apparently stopped with the '9 and started to ride the Spyder - actually I see him very active on the Spyder forum.

Honestly I'd prefer to stick to motorcycles, but safety is now something more than a simple worry for me ... perhaps a Spyder is waiting for me around the corner? .
    Sorry to hear about your latest crash, and hope you have a full and complete recovery. As for going with a spyder, you will not regret it. I have owned 4 different M109's, and am now on my 3rd spyder. They can be as much fun, and as quick as the 9 in the twisties. I ride mine to the MAM in Staunton, Va. back in 2017 and had a blast. I currently have my spyder and a yamaha Vmax. I love them both, but the spyder is just so confidence inspiring, and fun all at the same time. I actually rode my first F3S in Maggie Valley. And guess what, it was Lamont's! We were there for the pre-M109 meet in June of 2016 and he was there with his wife just for a weeks vacation. We got to talking and he gave me the keys. The rest was history. I now have a F3T, and love it.
    Name:  IMG_20150610_160013859_HDR.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  73.9 KB
    Name:  IMG_20180923_165859995.jpg
Views: 181
Size:  105.1 KB
    Name:  IMG_20181126_142955029.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  110.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Fishman349 View Post
    Still riding mine in Calgary, just not right now.
    Good to hear!
    Mine is half tore down waiting for parts. Spring seems SO far away.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

All's well ,hope all is great with you an family Andy. Hoping to meet up in 2020 with the Canadian riders ,just been real busy, an every weekend you had a meet it was a birthday or something going on. still watching site .everyone have a merry Christmas.

]

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Good to hear!
    Mine is half tore down waiting for parts. Spring seems SO far away.
    Ah, the mod bug has struck again. I think they have a vaccination for that. I'm looking at adding some lighting closer to riding season. I ride with a buddy just about every weekend weather permitting, shoot me a P/M in the spring and we can ride.
    H.C. Velocity Pro, Cobra Power Pro Black, Cobra Engine Guards, ISO Blk Grips, National Cycle VStream Tour, Kuryakyn Switchblade Pegs, G/M TRE, .....

Its good to see you guys hanging in there. I recently started back doing searches on here due to me putting mine back together since I have been down for almost 2 years, and only because I wanted to do some powder coating.
    Good to see the old names.

Excuuuse me while I whip this out.

I actually found this Forum in November 2008, just before I purchased my first M109R (my 07’ model). I was hesitant to join at that time, so I just dropped in from time to time to view the posts, mod options, and pics. After realizing how valuable this Forum could be, I finally became a member in November 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by 2011trmn8r View Post
    Its good to see you guys hanging in there. I recently started back doing searches on here due to me putting mine back together since I have been down for almost 2 years, and only because I wanted to do some powder coating.
    Im 20 miles or so from you. Let me know if you want to get together for a ride when it warms up

Quote Originally Posted by 2011trmn8r View Post
    Hey Mike, good to see you still around and checking in. Lets get with Shane M109dreamer and meet up at Woodys in Centerville and do riding!

Still kicking, still have my black '07 and still love it. Owned a lot of bikes but never kept one longer than this one. Don't check on line much anymore. I remember this site as much busier back in the day. Nice to see some familiar names though
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Still here reading and still got the 9.

Wow. I passed the 10 year mark last summer. I guess I'm officially old. I still ride my 9, but not as much as before my wreck. Most of the local to me 9-ers have moved on too.
    De-badged '08 C109R featuring: GMan Industries Bully, Stealth Intakes, TRE, GBushing, GBat, and Riser Extender; Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/ThrottleBoss and Longhorn Offset Dually Highway Pegs; Cobra Light Bar and Fatty Freeway Bars; Suzuki Passenger Floorboards and Backrest; Ultimate Seats; and Auburn Leather Company Ultimate Legend Saddlebags mounted on Edge Saddlebag Brackets

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    Hey Mike, good to see you still around and checking in. Lets get with Shane M109dreamer and meet up at Woodys in Centerville and do riding!
    I’m game!

Very Active Member

I’m still here occasionally. I didn’t even know there was a Facebook group lol

Very Active Member WindyCityDave's Avatar

Default WindyCityDave

Still alive and kicking !

Good to see so many old-timers are still on here. Don't check in too often since I sold the 9.

Still thinking about getting another one though.

WCD

Ive been on here since May of 2008. Doesn't seem near that long though. Traded my 2008 For a 2018 last summer.
    K&N Intake, Vance & Hines Big Shots, PC3, JSD,Shift kit Evo Star, Gel Seats, Smoked Lenses, Iso Grips with Spikes, De-Beavered, Highway Bars, Stainless Swing Arm Cover, Kewl Metal 2" Risers and end cap tach mount, Barnett Clutch and Throttle Cables,Pair Valve Block Off Kit, Bio-Hazard Derby Cover, CA Integrated Taillight, Webslinger speedo & Tach, Chrome Driveshaft Cover, Kuryo Skull Pegs,03:05 AM BlkM109r Paint Job

Quote Originally Posted by Chilly Rock View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dre319 View Post
    I’m game!

I'm good with a meetup and some BBQ. But, I do have to wait till I replace my fork seals and rear drive seal. Do we have a particular month we are shooting for? But I dont have a problem to ride down in the cage either till I get her all fixed back up.

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCityDave View Post
    Still alive and kicking !

Good to see so many old-timers are still on here. Don't check in too often since I sold the 9.

Still thinking about getting another one though.

WCD
    WOW, been a long time since I have seen you post on here Dave. I sold my 9 5 years ago, but there are so many great people on this forum I could not leave. And I get to meet people when traveling the US.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

I'm still here. I check in now and then. Surprised to see some of the founding members still checking in. Hopefully the forum will revive if Suzuki ever produces a gen 2.

Who would have thought a thread regarding old times would be one of the most active post on here in a long time

I guess I do like most of us old farts are doing; I get on here almost daily but don't login unless I have a PM or something to answer. Still have my 9, just don't ride it quite as much as I used to. Retirement got in the way of riding I guess. Not sure how or why that happened.

I really miss the old days on here when there was always something new being developed by vendors or members coming up with their own home-brewed mods. I doubt it will ever get back to that unless Suzuki comes out with a significant redesign.
    your ears must have been burning cause I was talking about you...….. lol

glad all is OK Mike! still got my 9.... added a connie.. traded that for a new 16 wing this Jan 2019.. not sure I could ever sell my 9..

Hope to catch you on 2 wheels one of these yrs! :)

Merry Christmas from an old timer keeping his 9 warm in the living room for the winter.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image_1577325566003.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	20.7 KB 
ID:	386362