Headlight

Thread: Headlight

Default Headlight

I have a 19 109 and wanting to replace the headlight. I found a pazoma whole headlight assembly. Any other options out there?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20191128-182548_Samsung Internet_1574983585326.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	24.3 KB 
ID:	386230  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

If you are looking for an LED headlight, many have installed LED replacement bulbs. I recently replaced my stock bulb with an LED bulb. It is much whiter and brighter than the incandescent, but at night it doesn't have the penetrating power of the incandescent bulb.

No other known full-headlight-assembly replacement option.
    Options, in no particular order, other than a replacement H4 halogen of some sort:

1. LED H4 bulb (eg: Cyclops)
    2. Revo/Hoglights/AliExpress assembly you found is now widely available
    3. Somehow stuff a 7" round of your choice into the stock enclosure (been done. see here.)
    4. Projector HID retrofit. Morimoto D2s 5.0 is my current personal favourite.

One thing which has come up in discussions about the one you found and other "sealed" LED type replacement options is: No Field Repairs! If you blow a sealed-style LED headlight while on the road... there is no option to pop another one in. With option 1 you could use any old H4 bulb to get you home, and with option 4, at least you could pop "any old D2S" bulb in to do the same, as long as it isn't something else like the ballast of course (HID bulbs themselves usually give you fair warning as they slowly shift in colour as they die over time). Something to think about.

Good luck.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm just here for research. I'm also looking for a new headlight led bulb. I've seen people say Cyclops and I think I found the right model. I'm also interested in what model for JDM Astar and what model for the bright Switchback turn signals. Thanks. Not trying to hijack. Trying to get info and also help you out too.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasM109r View Post
    I'm just here for research. I'm also looking for a new headlight led bulb. I've seen people say Cyclops and I think I found the right model. I'm also interested in what model for JDM Astar and what model for the bright Switchback turn signals. Thanks. Not trying to hijack. Trying to get info and also help you out too.
    Check the above link for the "correct" Cyclops - H4. The JDM AStar Switchback solution is for converting the front OEM stalks to "Driving Lights" which switchback from "Turn Signals". A number of members have enjoyed the results. The main challenge however is the switchbacks are the standard 1157 base bulb; naturally our OEM stock sockets are NOT. See here for the technical - basically 1157's are "BAY" based 2-nubs, ours are "BAZ" based 3-nubs; filing off a nub has been successful with others - pick the nub you don't want carefully!

Alternately, you could properly convert your stalks to 1157... but that is way more complicated than filing a nub.

Very Active Member

I'm running the Hoglights version of this light. I believe they're all the same, just rebranded ? Revo also sells it on meancycles.com
    I chose Hoglights for their 7 year warranty. Not sure what's offered by other brands.
    As for the light, I love it. Wayyyy better than stock, easy install and looks awesome just sitting there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190910_165611_HDR~2_1575238457515.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	37.6 KB 
ID:	386232

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TexasM109r View Post
    Check the above link for the "correct" Cyclops - H4. The JDM AStar Switchback solution is for converting the front OEM stalks to "Driving Lights" which switchback from "Turn Signals". A number of members have enjoyed the results. The main challenge however is the switchbacks are the standard 1157 base bulb; naturally our OEM stock sockets are NOT. See here for the technical - basically 1157's are "BAY" based 2-nubs, ours are "BAZ" based 3-nubs; filing off a nub has been successful with others - pick the nub you don't want carefully!

Alternately, you could properly convert your stalks to 1157... but that is way more complicated than filing a nub.
    [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/doorag.gif[/IMG]
    Thank you