ultimateseat question

Thread: ultimateseat question

Default ultimateseat question

hello guys,

first of all I would like to introduce myself as I am a new member here :)

name's Froggy
    ride: 2015 M109R BOSS

I know you guys discussed this topic many times (this is how I found this platform btw)

I got myself a Suzuki full cut carbon gel seat to replace the stock seat but am still not satisfied as the seating position is different and the distance between me and the handlebar is a bit greater than before.

my question is: if I get the ultimateseat is it going to be the same seating position as the stock ?

appreciate the help

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

No the seating position will be a bit taller and a bit forward than the stock seat. Welcome to the group

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager I call him Spock

so you mean Ill get closer to the handlebar ?

thanks bro, I hope you guys tolerate my questions

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Froggy109R View Post

thanks bro, I hope you guys tolerate my questions
    Hello Froggy109R.

Yes, it will definitely bring/push you closer to your handlebars. I have an Ultimate Seat (flawless, and practically brand new) I’m strongly considering selling for $295 shipped (non-negotiable) to anywhere in the U.S. If you’re interested, please PM me with a good cell phone number, and I will text you pics of the seat.

Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post

thanks bro, I hope you guys tolerate my questions [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_razz.gif[/IMG]
    Hello Froggy109R.

Yes, it will definitely bring/push you closer to your handlebars. I have an Ultimate Seat (flawless, and practically brand new) I’m strongly considering selling for $295 shipped (non-negotiable) to anywhere in the U.S. If you’re interested, please PM me with a good cell phone number, and I will text you pics of the seat.
    Thanks for the confirmation brother, I live in the United Arab Emirates, nit really sure if you guys know where that is 😅

Thanks for the confirmation brother, I live in the United Arab Emirates, nit really sure if you guys know where that is 😅
    I believe it’s the region that contains Dubai and several other neighboring territories.

Absolutely love my Ultimate seat. That in conjunction with +2 risers and a 1.5" drop and I can ride all day comfortably!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190131_100538.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	39.3 KB 
ID:	386248 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2019-05-14-19-32-34.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	386250
    Michael - 2012 M109r LE - East Orlando, FL

I also love my ultimate seat. Rode 500 miles up to Sturgis with no butt issues. Will never own anything else.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190727_141611_-1014941596_1575698767853.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	36.1 KB 
ID:	386254  

hello guys,

my question is: if I get the ultimateseat is it going to be the same seating position as the stock ?

appreciate the help
    I purchased the Ultimate seat after two years on the stock seat. The padding in the stock seat was okay for shorter rides, however a longer ride was not bad, but not great. So, I researched Corbin and a bunch of other seats and settled on the Ultimate. When I first got it, it was a bit hard, but not uncomfortable. I thought about returning it, but the instructions that came with the seat stated, “… please give the seat a few hundred miles as it will conform, soften and become more comfortable to you.”

I did and Wow!, what a difference a few hundred miles made. I love this seat so much that I will never give it up. I can “iron-butt” this thing for hundreds of miles and never feel a bit of discomfort. And to answer you question, yes, you will sit a bit higher and more forward that the stock seat.

My arms would go super numb quickly before the ultimate seat, now I can ride for 30 ~ 40 minutes before the tingles set in. Next season, 2020, I’m adding handlebar risers to give me that last few inches so that my arms will be in the perfect position which I hope will eliminate the numbness altogether.

The Ultimate seat is great for me and if you give it a chance, it just may be the ultimate comfort for you too.

By the way, welcome to the forum.

Default I was thinking of getting one also

Is this the best seat out, I live in the DMV and was planning a few rides next year 3-5 hours and maybe even Atlanta 10 hrs. Does it add any back support? Is the back rest a necessity or option?

R
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatGuyBlue74 View Post
    Is this the best seat out, I live in the DMV and was planning a few rides next year 3-5 hours and maybe even Atlanta 10 hrs. Does it add any back support? Is the back rest a necessity or option?
    Seeing as I actually have both the Corbin and Ultimate Seats currently, my experience is that the Corbin Seat is considerably more comfortable than the Ultimate Seat. You can ride for long hours with either of them, but in my opinion, the Corbin Seat is more comfortable, and allows the rider to sit more deeply and naturally into the seat. The Ultimate Seat, while having a good-level of comfort, causes the rider to feel as if he or she is butt-surfing on top of the seat, due to how thick the Ultimate Seat is. Both companies provide a backrest for the seat, which is optional. The necessity of a backrest is indeed optional, and is primarily based on the height and/or physical conditions of the rider. However, the Ultimate Seat company only provides a rider seat and backrest, while Corbin provides a rider seat, passenger seat, rider backrest, and passenger backrest, which are the best aftermarket/custom seat components on the market, in my honest assessment. Lastly, if price is an issue, the Ultimate Seat costs considerably less than the Corbin Seat. Nonetheless, the Ultimate Seat is a HUGE improvement/upgrade from the stock seat.