Generator Cover Cap Oil Drip
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Generator Cover Cap Oil Drip

  1. #1

    Default Generator Cover Cap Oil Drip

    Have a slight oil drip from my generator cover cap,should there be oil behind this cap?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Active Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    England
    Posts
    44

    Default

    No there should be no oil

  4. #3
    Active Member Sneikz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Kirrawee, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Sure it hasn't dripped from the air intake due to excess oil?

    Sent while not riding
    Live long and ride hard \\ //

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Where is the generator cover located?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  7. #5
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Where is the generator cover located?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure the OP is talking about the derby cover.....which sits on the outboard side of the generator cover.

    @ OP there should be no oil behind the derby cover.
    Remove the screws at 2, 6 and 10 oclock and the derby cover will come right off and you can look behind it.

    BCS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Gen Cover.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	386146  

  8. #6
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Pretty sure the OP is talking about the derby cover.....which sits on the outboard side of the generator cover.

    @ OP there should be no oil behind the derby cover.
    Remove the screws at 2, 6 and 10 oclock and the derby cover will come right off and you can look behind it.

    BCS
    If he has oil there its only coming from 2 places. Left air filter or the front valve cover gasket

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  9. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    If he has oil there its only coming from 2 places. Left air filter or the front valve cover gasket

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Removed derby cover and it's dry,removed air filter and puddle of oil in bottom,must have migrated down and started drip from cover.Thanks for the advice and why they have screws in the cover that have no purpose except for looks is odd

  10. #8
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CORMORANT View Post
    Removed derby cover and it's dry,removed air filter and puddle of oil in bottom,must have migrated down and started drip from cover.Thanks for the advice and why they have screws in the cover that have no purpose except for looks is odd
    Lol yep they are only at 10, 2, and 6 oclock

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  11. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Lol yep they are only at 10, 2, and 6 oclock

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

    Just like to mention as an ex Harley guy I was going to call it a Derby cover but didn't want to offend anyone so found the actual name Suzuki calls it Generator Cover Cap (:

  12. #10
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CORMORANT View Post
    Just like to mention as an ex Harley guy I was going to call it a Derby cover but didn't want to offend anyone so found the actual name Suzuki calls it Generator Cover Cap (:
    You likely wouldn't have offended anyone here, because we all refer to that component as a “Derby Cover.” Although there a many bike manufacturers out there, most of the components are referred to using the exact same terminology/nomenclature.😊👍🏽👍🏼👍🏻😊

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->