Phone mount w/charger
Results 1 to 14 of 14

Thread: Phone mount w/charger

  1. #1
    Active Member Got2Ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    77

    Default Phone mount w/charger

    Looking for suggestions on a phone mount w/built in charger. I see many on eBay/Amazon but am not interested in seeing my phone fly off the bike cruising down the freeway (don't trust the Chinese plastic mounts). Looking for suggestions from those who have had good luck with their mounts and which don't take up view of the tach, etc. Thanks

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    I just purchased 2 each of these two phone mounts with charging capabilities. I havenít received them yet, but Iím very aware and convinced of their quality, because a friend of mine back in San Antonio, TX. had one mounted on his M109R...and it was solid and of high quality in every way. It held its position on his handlebars, and would not budge. As well, it held his phone in the exact position he placed it in, no matter the angle, or how low or aggressively he road his bike. Thereís no plastic on on it any where. Itís made of all aluminum, with the exception of the rubber pieces used to hold the phone securely in place. I was very impressed by it.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/202598593733

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Phone-...72.m2749.l2649

  4. #3
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I just purchased 2 each of these two phone mounts with charging capabilities. I havenít received them yet, but Iím very aware and convinced of their quality, because a friend of mine back in San Antonio, TX. had one mounted on his M109R...and it was solid and of high quality in every way. It held its position on his handlebars, and would not budge. As well, it held his phone in the exact position he placed it in, no matter the angle, or how low or aggressively he road his bike. Thereís no plastic on on it any where. Itís made of all aluminum, with the exception of the rubber pieces used to hold the phone securely in place. I was very impressed by it.

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/202598593733

    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Cell-Phone-...72.m2749.l2649
    I would really like those if they were wireless chargers

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    I would really like those if they were wireless chargers

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I donít know there are any wireless chargers. Iím just going to use a very short USB Cord to connect the phone to the charging port.

  7. #5
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I donít know there are any wireless chargers. Iím just going to use a very short USB Cord to connect the phone to the charging port.
    Are they able to be mounted on the center of the bar with enough clearance not to hit the tach?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  8. #6
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Are they able to be mounted on the center of the bar with enough clearance not to hit the tach?

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    I just went out to the garage to check the distance/positioning of the Tachometer on my bike, and I donít think it will clear the underside of the Tachometer. I have a camera centered between my riser caps, so I had planned to mount mine to the left of my left side riser anyway.

  9. #7
    Very Active Member M109Dreamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Forney, TX
    Posts
    6,822

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JUDAH-9 View Post
    I just went out to the garage to check the distance/positioning of the Tachometer on my bike, and I donít think it will clear the underside of the Tachometer. I have a camera centered between my riser caps, so I had planned to mount mine to the left of my left side riser anyway.
    Ok, post a pic when you get it all mounted up

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

  10. #8
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M109Dreamer View Post
    Ok, post a pic when you get it all mounted up

    Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Sure thing Bro.

  11. #9
    Active Member Got2Ride's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    77

    Default

    Thanks for the info, am going to pull the trigger on the eBay item and give it ago

  12. #10
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,264

    Default Phone mount w/charger

    That looks pretty cool. May look into it. I didnít see any reviews on it though. Has a one year warranty so I wonder if itís truly any good.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by dre319; 3 Weeks Ago at 02:34 PM.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    Hey David, I certainly understand the reason for speculation, based on no reviews. But, I was fortunate enough to see the product in person...and it was indeed a very good product. You can set the position of the mount and the angle of your phone firmly in place, without either one of them budging a bit, unless the owner purposely adjusts them.

    Also, when you consider the cost, the risk is extremely minimal. Mine are supposed to arrive within the next three days, and I will post a totally unbiased review of them to this thread.

  14. #12
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Thx Bobby!


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  15. #13
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,264

    Default

    Still waiting for review!!!! Lol


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  16. #14
    Very Active Member JUDAH-9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    ARLINGTON, TX
    Posts
    4,470

    Default

    They just arrived the other day. Iíll go out and mount one today, and post my review of it.😁👍🏽👍🏼😁

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
-->