Kickstand upgrade

Thread: Kickstand upgrade

Default Kickstand upgrade

I am looking to upgrade to either the Waase which is on online for $42 or the YANA SHIKI for $89, my concern is quality has anyone used either ? Afraid it will brake
    Last edited by Harlembrown; 1 Week Ago at 12:22 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Can you post pics of both of the kickstands you’re considering? That would help to identify them, and an informed opinion could then be given to you.

Default YANA SHIKI Kickstand for Boulevard M109

this is a picture of the kickstand both are the same style just concerned with quality of it holding up 800lbs
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SUZUKI_BOULEVARD_M109R_VZR1800_2006-2019_BILLET_ALUMINUM_CNC_EXOTIC_LONG_KICKSTAND_SIDE_STAND_LE.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	386024  

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I bought the Yana Shiki and it looks great. It holds up the bike. I didn't use the little post that screws in to hit the kick stand down switch because I eliminated that switch. The only thing that seems a little different is the stock kickstand swung forward a little more than this one does, but not a big deal. Like I said, it looks good and holds up the bike.

Quote Originally Posted by Harlembrown View Post
    this is a picture of the kickstand both are the same style just concerned with quality of it holding up 800lbs
    I actually have both versions of that exact YANA SHIKI kickstand, and they are perfect. I haven’t had an issue out of either of them. I’ve had my chrome version on my 07’ M109R for over 10+ years, and not one issue or incident.

Thanks Brothers that helps a lot the last thing I want to do is see my investment go down because of a poorly made product I will be going with the Yana Shiki, the Waase and ones like it are half price made in China and you get what you pay for correct.?

For shts and giggles, the kickstand doesn't actually need to hold 800lbs unless you are trying to balance the bike on the stand while lying on its side.
    At about a 10 degree slant, it is actually only holding about 140lbs.
    I understand the original question of course, ("will the stand hold [whatever the damn weight actually is, nobody likes a smart-ass...]") but thought this would be fun to figure out anyway.

Like this:
    Weight exerted downward by 800lb bike leaning at 10 degrees off a 90 degree vertical = [(800lb x 9.8m/s2) x cos(80°)] / 9.8m/s2 = 138.9lb
    "Fun at parties.. fool your friends..."