16FT U-Turn On A Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Thread: 16FT U-Turn On A Suzuki Boulevard M109R

Default 16FT U-Turn On A Suzuki Boulevard M109R

https://youtu.be/jdas_641HXY

16FT U-Turn On A Suzuki Boulevard M109R from MotoJitsu

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Damn...wish I can do that stuff...I guess time for some practice lol...didn't know these bikes can do that

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I learned how to make that u-turn from watching and practicing what I saw on The Ride like a Pro video by Jerry Motoman Palladino.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Good job!

Very impressive! Is he "slipping" the clutch in the tight turns and u-turns?

Ok that brought a huge smile watching our beefy '9 sashay through those slaloms - awesome. There was something about watching the BMW do it so nimbly which made the Bully look like a BBW modelling Victoria's Secret - beautiful - and very impressive how she looked, ever so gracefully swinging that enormous mass from side to side. Fun to watch as a spectator vs. rider.

I can do the two-stall parking lot u-turn, but I will be adding that "Giant Slalom" to my slow-maneuver days next season for sure.
    Thanks for the vid.

Quote Originally Posted by meierjn View Post
    Very impressive! Is he "slipping" the clutch in the tight turns and u-turns?
    EDIT: Yes, he is using the clutch for power. When executing slow speed maneuvers, the technique is to keep a relatively constant RPM and manage speed using the clutch and brake, not the throttle.

Damn Impressive.
    Michael -
    2012 M109r LE in Viper Blue - East Orlando, FL

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Ok that brought a huge smile watching our beefy '9 sashay through those slaloms - awesome. There was something about watching the BMW do it so nimbly which made the Bully look like a BBW modelling Victoria's Secret - beautiful - and very impressive how she looked, ever so gracefully swinging that enormous mass from side to side. Fun to watch as a spectator vs. rider.

I can do the two-stall parking lot u-turn, but I will be adding that "Giant Slalom" to my slow-maneuver days next season for sure.
    Thanks for the vid.

EDIT: Yes, he is using the clutch for power. When executing slow speed maneuvers, the technique is to keep a relatively constant RPM and manage speed using the clutch and brake, not the throttle.
    I'm pretty sure he is using the throttle to maintain a steady higher RPM while leveraging the clutch on the edge of the friction zone. No brake should be even touched and judging by his smooth movement, that would be the case.

Something they were teaching us in rider academy to manage big bikes under slow speed and sharp or small radius turns.

Takes a lot off practice to do.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk

Man that guy is good. I'm practicing in my local HS parking lot this weekend. I did a few weekends with my Bolt when I first got it, haven't done so on the 9 yet. I bought a 20 pack of 3" mini cones on the cheap, time for some parking action

Default Ride Like A Pro

Quote Originally Posted by mist82 View Post
    I'm pretty sure he is using the throttle to maintain a steady higher RPM while leveraging the clutch on the edge of the friction zone. No brake should be even touched and judging by his smooth movement, that would be the case.
    I took the Ride Like A Pro course in Houston a few years ago. We were taught use the throttle to maintain a steady higher RPM while keeping the clutch in the friction zone, and ride the REAR brake to manage our speed, including coming to a complete stop without taking our feet off the pegs.

It was well worth the money...but even watching Jerry's Ride Like a Pro YouTube videos is a good thing.

and you need to continually practice!
    - Done: Debadged, Debeavered, X-TRE, SpeedoHealer, Gorilla 9100 alarm, Stebel horn, Backoff brake hold modulator, Dynabeads, Knight Rider LED, 2" lowering bones. To-do: Raw Design LED Rear Signals, 2" Handlebar Risers, V-stream windshield, K&N Air filter, Cobra PowerPro, Suzuki Engine Guards, Scythe Mirrors, Brakeaway Cruise Control, Kuryakyn Black Iso Grips/Iso Boss, Cycle House Down Under Kit. Wishlist: Revo 6" Cannon.