Aftermarket exhaust

Thread: Aftermarket exhaust

Default Aftermarket exhaust

Hi All,
    I've decided to grab an aftermarket set of pipes. Forgive my ignorance but what else will be required? I've also grabbed the 02 sensor plugs but do I need a servo eliminator? TIA

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

If you have a North American M109R then you will not need O2 eliminators.

You will either need to get a ESE (Exhaust Servo Eliminator) or have your ECU flashed to override the Exhaust Servo Fault parameter.

If you have a European or Australian M109R that does have O2 sensors the ECU flash can override the O2 sensor fault parameter.

What exhaust did you purchase?

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    If you have a North American M109R then you will not need O2 eliminators.

You will either need to get a ESE (Exhaust Servo Eliminator) or have your ECU flashed to override the Exhaust Servo Fault parameter.

If you have a European or Australian M109R that does have O2 sensors the ECU flash can override the O2 sensor fault parameter.

What exhaust did you purchase?

BCS
    Oh jeez, you coulda saved me $79. I didn't Know your ECU flash would remove the C046 and bought a servo eliminator.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Baldi View Post
    Oh jeez, you coulda saved me $79. I didn't Know your ECU flash would remove the C046 and bought a servo eliminator.
    That option just became available last week when new software updates were implemented.

Before that it was not available for the M109R with the software we use.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldi View Post
    I also thought the servo eliminator solved the issue. Back in the beginning the rule was no fuel mod was needed when changeing either the exhaust or the intakes. But if you did both, you would need to get a fuel management system. But that was before 2010. Not to say that changing that mapping even after changing one modification would help.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    That option just became available last week when new software updates were implemented.

Before that it was not available for the M109R with the software we use.

BCS
    No worries. My Servo Eliminator has been delivered to NY. Waiting for mid November to get it here.

BTW, please do send out my ECU so it is delivered in NY by 10 November, thanks :)

I've purchased these from meancycles. I'm in Aus and it's a 07. I've purchased the 02 sensor bypass and exhaust plugs and was thinking that would do the trick. Happy to hear more feedback. Thanks guys 👍🏽
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20190520-132040_Samsung Internet_1572341173661.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	32.7 KB 
ID:	385980