Never thought I would see this day
Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Never thought I would see this day

  1. #1
    Very Active Member Champ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    pleasant hill, iowa
    Posts
    2,429

    Default Never thought I would see this day

    Life gets busy and time just seems to move to fast, summer is over and I dont think I was able to put 200 miles on my 9, seriously considering selling her
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Very Active Member dre319's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    3,262

    Default

    That’s not good. You gonna get another bike? I haven’t ridden at all this year either but I know I’ll regret it if I sold it.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  4. #3
    Very Active Member Champ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    pleasant hill, iowa
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Right now, probably not, if I had time to ride anything I would keep the 9. Summer is our busy season and I'm on call more than I'm not, 7 more years until I retire..maybe get another 9 then and make it as perfect as this one
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #4

    Default

    Do you owe money on it? Do you have a place to store it?

  7. #5
    Active Member Sneikz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Kirrawee, NSW, Australia
    Posts
    34

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ1 View Post
    Right now, probably not, if I had time to ride anything I would keep the 9. Summer is our busy season and I'm on call more than I'm not, 7 more years until I retire..maybe get another 9 then and make it as perfect as this one
    Get into the bathroom, look your in the mirror and give yourself a good talking to. If you own it and have space. Hold onto the ride. You'll regret it in the future if you don’t. But easy for me to say.

    Sent while not riding
    Live long and ride hard \\ //

  8. #6
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,399

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sneikz View Post
    Get into the bathroom, look your in the mirror and give yourself a good talking to. If you own it and have space. Hold onto the ride. You'll regret it in the future if you don’t. But easy for me to say.

    Sent while not riding
    Well said.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  9. #7
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    3,999

    Default

    I feel your pain. On one hand, I say if you don't ride it, might as well sell it and pick up a newer model and make it your own in the future.
    But on the other hand, the same could have been said for me. I had my somewhat dream car, a 2006 roush (yes, I dream small). At first I drove it on the weekends, then the weekends got further apart. I went to change the oil before a road trip and realized that I had put 3600 miles on it over the past 42 months. So I placed it for sale. Not at a basement price, but at a fair price to me and the potential buyer. I had a few bites, but no one ever came to look at it. Then, after about a year, I had a guy from the roushaholics group ask for more interior pictures. I delayed for about another 3 weeks, thinking he wasn't serious. After he kept asking, I decided to send them to him. The next week, he drove down from Ohio with a trailer and cash. He was happy, and I was kind of happy, but more surprised. 2 weeks later, I decided look for another mustang, and came across a super deal on a 2 year old california special. With this one being a convertible and a 5.0 (which is what I really wanted), I have promised myself that I will drive and enjoy this one to the tune of atleast 3-5k miles a year.
    So, I say put a price on it, that will make you happy. If it sells, great, you have the funds to buy another later. If it doesn't, you haven't last anything
    Name:  537269.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  74.0 KB
    Name:  IMG_20190808_103045976.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  82.2 KB
    .Now I just need to get a photo of the vert taming The Dragon

  10. #8
    Very Active Member Weedahoe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    Albany GA
    Posts
    991

    Default

    Don't feel bad. I probably did around 500-600 this year. Mine is for sale but if I sell it I'm gonna buy a Polaris Slingshot. Good luck with the sale if you decide to it.

  11. #9
    Very Active Member Champ1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    pleasant hill, iowa
    Posts
    2,429

    Default

    Bike is paid for, paid cash when I bought it, it's hard to look at it every day when I go to work and it's taking up space in the garage that I could use all year around.
    the probability of being watched is directly proportional to the stupidity of your act

  12. #10
    Member StuporDave's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Tulare, ca
    Posts
    21

    Default

    I out about 2000 miles on my bike this summer, but that is not near what I had hoped to. I have some work to do on it that I put off from last winter. SO my bike is down for the rest of this year. I live in Sunny California where we can ride until December. I thought about selling my 9 and getting something more practical, or a 4x4. But then I remember a couple of rides where a few friends of mine called up on a Friday night and said, "Let's go riding!" Those were some of the best trips. Keep the bike. It will be waiting for you like a puppy does when you get home from work.

  13. #11
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    731

    Default

    I struggle with this topic every year. If it wasn't for an annual 10 day trip on the bike owning one wouldn't make sense.
    With a young family and a wrist injury that kept me off it last year I was very close to listing it.

    Thing is these bikes are not worth much anymore. With the amount of KM on my 09 I'd get very little. Even with all the mods.

    For me that money would never get me into something as fun. I'll likely hang on to it until I can get out on it more.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  14. #12

    Default

    How much do you plan to sell it? I'm planning on buying a 109 around March but that could be changed.

  15. #13
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,612

    Post

    When I bought my 9 in 2012, I averaged 6K-8K miles every year. I was working only three days a week and only put 3K miles on her this year. I normally keep vehicles for a minimum of 15 years so my 9 will be with me awhile. Unlike your 200 miles, I understand how you feel because of life happens. I know that you'll make the right decision that's comfortable for you and your Family.

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

  16. #14
    Very Active Member Big-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MoCo Maryland
    Posts
    16,213

    Default

    That's how it was last season for me, and most of this season. Never considered selling though. I just take it in stride, that sometimes life gets busy, or things happen out of your control. The only time I would consider selling is if the bike sat in the garage consistently, without being ridden.

    IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

  17. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    8

    Default Keeping the 9ner

    Quote Originally Posted by Champ1 View Post
    Life gets busy and time just seems to move to fast, summer is over and I dont think I was able to put 200 miles on my 9, seriously considering selling her
    Keeping the 9ner

    Fellas, those that say get rid of it for lack of use, well I’m not so sure you’ve got it right.

    Owning a 9ner is not about freeing up space, how much you ride per year or even how “iron” your butt is. The 9ner is a thing of beauty that few “mo-chines” can offer. Be honest, have you ever come back from a leisurely ride by yourself or with buddies where you didn’t have “smile-i-tis” when you got off the saddle? Me? I haven’t. Sometimes I take the long way home and am a bit disappointed that it didn’t take longer when I get there.

    That’s the nature of the ride; it is pure pleasure with muscle to boot.

    I haven’t been able to ride for two years because of an injury (not on the bike), so I spent two seasons accessorizing, shining her up, babying her, and generally enjoying the thrill of ownership. She’s paid for and cost me nothing but insurance and tags every two years.

    I’m all healed now and will ride again Spring 2020, but there is a caveat. As I ride my F150 to work everyday (about 50 miles each way), I get the [email protected]%t scared out me watching other vehicles drive distracted. Seriously I see cell phones in laps or on steering wheels. I see folk reading Kindles, newspapers or their phones while driving. I see them tailgating motorcycles at 75+ mph. My favorite is women “knee” driving while using both hands to put on eye makeup.

    I’ve decided to drive quiet country roads on the weekend mornings to get my m109r fix. I can deal with deer, squirrels, vultures and roadkill; I can not deal with careless stupid distracted drivers.

    In conclusion, keep your 9ner if you can afford it and have the space. It ain’t about how much you ride, it’s about ownership of one of the most sensational motorcycles ever produced. Folks today are salivating about getting their hands on a vintage Mustang, Charger, Trans Am or Camaro. Imagine owning one of those years ago, getting rid of it only to feel the regret every time you see a restored one ride by.

    Don’t do it! Keep your bike. The m109r will be famous for a long time and will eventually become a classic. Remember the mid-70s Honda 750-4 with those awesome lines, four upswept exhaust pipes and the roar of a gentle lion? Keep your 9ner and you won’t have to wish you kept it.

    Lastly, there’s an old adage that states: “…one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” Keep your 109r treasure while you have it.

    All the best – Mike Way – Oct 31, 2019
    Last edited by Mike Way; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:54 AM.

  18. #16
    Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Cary, NC
    Posts
    1,612

    Post

    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Way View Post
    Keeping the 9ner

    Fellas, those that say get rid of it for lack of use, well I’m not so sure you’ve got it right.

    Owning a 9ner is not about freeing up space, how much you ride per year or even how “iron” your butt is. The 9ner is a thing of beauty that few “mo-chines” can offer. Be honest, have you ever come back from a leisurely ride by yourself or with buddies where you didn’t have “smile-i-tis” when you got off the saddle? Me? I haven’t. Sometimes I take the long way home and am a bit disappointed that it didn’t take longer when I get there.

    That’s the nature of the ride; it is pure pleasure with muscle to boot.

    I haven’t been able to ride for two years because of an injury (not on the bike), so I spent two seasons accessorizing, shining her up, babying her, and generally enjoying the thrill of ownership. She’s paid for and cost me nothing but insurance and tags every two years.

    I’m all healed now and will ride again Spring 2020, but there is a caveat. As I ride my F150 to work everyday (about 50 miles each way), I get the [email protected]%t scared out me watching other vehicles drive distracted. Seriously I see cell phones in laps or on steering wheels. I see folk reading Kindles, newspapers or their phones while driving. I see them tailgating motorcycles at 75+ mph. My favorite is women “knee” driving while using both hands to put on eye makeup.

    I’ve decided to drive quiet country roads on the weekend mornings to get my m109r fix. I can deal with deer, squirrels, vultures and roadkill; I can not deal with careless stupid distracted drivers.

    In conclusion, keep your 9ner if you can afford it and have the space. It ain’t about how much you ride, it’s about ownership of one of the most sensational motorcycles ever produced. Folks today are salivating about getting their hands on a vintage Mustang, Charger, Trans Am or Camaro. Imagine owning one of those years ago, getting rid of it only to feel the regret every time you see a restored one ride by.

    Don’t do it! Keep your bike. The m109r will be famous for a long time and will eventually become a classic. Remember the mid-70s Honda 750-4 with those awesome lines, four upswept exhaust pipes and the roar of a gentle lion? Keep your 9ner and you won’t have to wish you kept it.

    Lastly, there’s an old adage that states: “…one man’s junk is another man’s treasure.” Keep your 109r treasure while you have it.

    All the best – Mike Way – Oct 31, 2019
    Good point Mike! There are days that I wish I still had my 74' Chevy Nova!

    JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
-->