Dead Meat

Thread: Dead Meat

Default Dead Meat

I was riding in the country this afternoon and saw buzzard hovering over something on the side of the road. When I passed it, I could see that it was a small deer. Then I noticed that I had stopped breathing and didn't exhale until I was way past the carcass.

Apparently I have trained myself to hold my breath when I see an impending dead smell situation.

Anyone else participate in the no-smell approach to dead meat?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I do. I inhale as much as I can until i get right up to it, then i exhale slowly out of my nose for as long as i can.

-Josh

Depends if said dead meat is on the road or on the grill....exhale for former, inhale for latter...lol
    Michael -
    2012 M109r LE in Viper Blue - East Orlando, FL

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

On a side note, a couple of weeks ago I was riding past two buzzards eating road kill on the side of a deserted country road. I slowed way down and moved over into the on coming lane in case they decided to fly towards me when I spooked them. Next thing I know one decides to fly right into me. He hit my right mirror and gloved hand. Didn't hurt me or the mirror but I did have to re adjust the mirror. He hit pretty hard and those things are big. I saw in my other mirror he went down. Don't know if he flew off or not but I wasn't going to check and give him mouth to mouth. That was a first and fluky weird
    Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythos View Post
    Depends if said dead meat is on the road or on the grill....exhale for former, inhale for latter...lol
    Did you ever notice that you don't see roadkill near Chinese restaurants? Down here on the coast the state is lax mowing the side of the roads. Yesterday a turkey came within 10' of hurting my bike. I have yet to hit a deer although I did ride over a dead deer going to work at 4:30am.

Sent from my moto e5 supra using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by The Chief View Post
    On a side note, a couple of weeks ago I was riding past two buzzards eating road kill on the side of a deserted country road. I slowed way down and moved over into the on coming lane in case they decided to fly towards me when I spooked them. Next thing I know one decides to fly right into me. He hit my right mirror and gloved hand. Didn't hurt me or the mirror but I did have to re adjust the mirror. He hit pretty hard and those things are big. I saw in my other mirror he went down. Don't know if he flew off or not but I wasn't going to check and give him mouth to mouth. That was a first and fluky weird
    At speed, that can be deadly - glad it wasn't worse! Motorcycle Police officer here a few years ago, riding on the highway in formation for training got a Canada Goose in the face. Came within an inch of killing him - knocked him out, sending him and the bike into a guard rail which promptly amputated his leg. Fortunately the collision occurred literally within line of sight of the hospital and he survived. They had to remove goose feathers from his *lungs*.

Crazy random situation of course, but fyi - at highway speeds, a goose or probably a buzzard as well, can do a lot more than bump your mirror!

This is him years later, back in service, showing off his (pretty badass looking, actually... if I had to have one...) prosthetic leg.
    (https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...trol-1.4552659)