M109 Rider Forums banner

The Official 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

21K views 156 replies 30 participants last post by  Zoom 
#1 · (Edited)
The Official M109R 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

This is the 13th year for this event!!!!!! So.......

We are back home once again! This is going to be a great year to be on a M109R and be part of the MAM for 2020! This has always been the best location for the MAM and the largest attendance! We need all M109R riders to be apart of this great meet. Great roads, great views, great food, and great stories and memories from the parking lot after hours shenanigans. I want to see you all there!!!!
Welcome to the 13th Annual Mid-Atlantic Meet!!!

When: June 22nd (Monday) to 28th (Sunday) Sunday the 28th is the travel day.

Where: We are booked at the Sleep Inn at 222 Jefferson Highway Staunton, VA 24401

Get your reservations in as soon as possible!!! This will allow me to increase the room block when we need more rooms available to the group. Let's sell this place out!!!

To make reservations call 540-887-6500 and pick option 2 or ask for the front desk. Tell them that you want to book a room in the M109Riders group. DO NOT! choose the reservations menu or you will be put to the corporate site--- and you need that hotel extension (front desk) to keep from it getting screwed up. If they say that they are booked, please reply to this post and I will check on it. The rate is $82.99 plus taxes per night and includes breakfast. Some people have expressed that they want to come down earlier or stay later. If that is something that you want to do, you will be extended the group rate. You can cancel up to 24 hours without any charges to you. A complimentary water hose and towels will be provided, as usual, by the hotel.

Below is a couple of things that are extremely important and worth mentioning:

The back of the hotel is reserved for motorcycle parking only. Let the front desk know upon check-in if you have a trailer, they should direct you on where to park. Please see the image on the website home page indicating where you may park. If you park a car, truck or trailer in the back parking lot, you will be asked to move it. We are expecting a lot of motorcycles and need the parking spaces.

We have multiple routes plus some of those routes being reversed. Groups are released at separate times so everyone is not clustered together when heading out. If you have people you want to ride with, find an open route that can accommodate the number of riders you have.

Many of you may have ridden in packs before, but you also may be riding with others who have not. These are mountain roads that are technical in some areas. To be able to enjoy the ride, it's important to get everyone on the same page.

This post will be updated as the season moves along, so remember to check for updates.

Mid-Atlantic Meet Facebook page

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
If you are planning on attending, please provide the information like is typed below. I would hate to mis-spell or guess about your information.
Attendance List

1. FuturR...............Matt..............IN
2. Rodlad...............Rodney..........IN +1 Sandy
3. Bradsmith...........Brad.............Newmarket, Ontario
4. Fast Daddy..........???.................MD
5. Bobby1048..........Bobby?.........OH
6. Blacklightening.....Keith?..........NC
7. Dam Guy.............Bill...............WV +1 Deb
8. Cvsisinthehouse....Cliff.............MD
9. Weems109...........Steve...........OH

10. Some9...............Andy.............NY
11. Poseiden.............Sean............VA
12. Big-B.................Bernie...........MD +1 Sue
13.Blessed Biker.....?.?.?.?........VA
14.Thumperbm.......Bill.............VA
15.Phatm9.............Mark...........IL

#7 ·
Well guys my reservation has been made. I'm riding Spock down. He isn't an M109 but has the spirit of a "9"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Don't worry my friend, I don't have a 9 anymore, but I am sure I will find something to ride there.
I am still planning on doing my 6 week cross country trip. But if that should fall through, I will be there for the entire week of the MAM. Looking forward to it guys.

#8 ·
Reservations made for the MAM 2020. Packing for Oktoberfest Daytona now. Be safe You all.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#14 ·
We both missed the last 2, I'm booked Bronx grill will be there.

#16 ·
Well, it looks like my cross country trip will be delayed until 2021, as the guys that were going to go with me cannot get that much time off:-\. Plus I have just started a couple of projects that will possibly take me into the mid summer months and I probably shouldn't be out for 6-7 weeks during their construction.
But on a good note, it looks like I will be doing shorter, more local trips. The top of that list is the 2020 Mid Atlantic Meet:p! So get ready guys, Mr. Max will be back and making an appearance in Virginia. Don't know my way around, but I am ready to learn new roads and try someplace new (well sort of, since I did go there in 2017 on the spyder). Anyway, I am going to make plans for being there for the week. Can't wait to get there and see all of you guys again.

#19 ·
Reservations made. Checking in on Saturday, 6/20. Checking out on 6/28.

I'm not going to have the time needed to keep the attendee list like I have in the past tho. This is the first time I've been on the site in 6 months.
If you would like, I could run a active list of attendees. I could do it in my first post which is the third post. Let me know if you would like me to do that for you.

#18 ·
We are looking for someone, who has the time, that is interested in being involved with the meet. We need someone to take over the "give away" promotions/donations. This basically involves contacting (emailing or phone calls) to manufactures, aftermarket, vendors, to get them involved with donations to the meet. Anyone interested inn helping out should contact futurR. Also, this person should be one who tries to be at every MAM.

#37 ·
GREAT to hear. Could you please provide more details about you. This is an example of what I mean.

1. FuturR...............Matt..............IN
2. Rodlad...............Rodney..........IN +1 Sandy
3. Bradsmith...........Brad.............Newmarket, Ontario
4. Fast Daddy..........???.................MD
5. Bobby1048..........Bobby?.........OH
6. Blacklightening.....Keith?..........NC
7. Dam Guy.............Bill...............WV +1 Deb
8. Cvsisinthehouse....Cliff.............MD
9. Weems109...........Steve...........OH

10. Some9...............Andy.............NY
11. Poseiden.............Sean............VA
12. Big-B.................Bernie...........MD +1 Sue
13.Blessed Biker.....?.?.?.?........VA

#42 ·
Well, I have to say the list is the most accurate it has ever been. That being said, that is the correct number of rooms that have been reserved. Let's get on this and get the rooms reserved. There usually is a big surge in reservations about this time of year and we need to make sure there are plenty of rooms in our block. So, DO NOT wait until the last minute as I may not be able to get those extra rooms once needed. Jump on it guys. You can always cancel 24hrs ahead of time if something comes up.

#48 ·
Virus or no virus, as long as the hotel is open, I will be there for the MAM. Can't wait to get away from some of the craziness! I might even head out there this weekend for a ride up in the mountains. In dire need of some wind therapy! :bigthumbsup:
:agree:That sounds like a plan to me. I just canceled my little get away with the wife that was set for next week at Myrtle Beach. Unless there is a strict stay in place order, I am definitely going. I truly hope things are a lot better by then, and that we all make it through this with our health and jobs. Hope to see you all real soon.:bigthumbsup:

#50 ·
No better way of “social distancing” than riding a motorcycle! Even the night time tailgating can be done with 6 feet between us. Most of the time spent at the meet is outdoors in the fresh air. Everyone just needs to follow a no touching anyone else’s bike policy and we will be good.

hopefully, it will be over by then, but who knows...

#51 ·
No better way of "social distancing" than riding a motorcycle! Even the night time tailgating can be done with 6 feet between us. Most of the time spent at the meet is outdoors in the fresh air. Everyone just needs to follow a no touching anyone else's bike policy and we will be good.

hopefully, it will be over by then, but who knows...
And just ride in packs of 9. :D

#53 ·
I did a social distancing ride of about 210 miles this past sunday. The guy I think was sort of nervous, so he kept his helmet on the entire time. We had a blast going through some nice twisties, but I never saw his face. In fact, if he walked up to me today, I would not know him unless I remembered his face from the facebook profile from the riding group that we are members of. Seemed weird, but had a blast. Funny thing though, after he didn't take the helmet off at the second stop, I did slip my body guard into position, just in case he wasn't who he seemed to be. But all was good.:bigthumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.