M109 Rider Forums banner

The Official 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

21K views 156 replies 30 participants last post by  Zoom 
#1 · (Edited)
The Official M109R 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

This is the 13th year for this event!!!!!! So.......

We are back home once again! This is going to be a great year to be on a M109R and be part of the MAM for 2020! This has always been the best location for the MAM and the largest attendance! We need all M109R riders to be apart of this great meet. Great roads, great views, great food, and great stories and memories from the parking lot after hours shenanigans. I want to see you all there!!!!
Welcome to the 13th Annual Mid-Atlantic Meet!!!

When: June 22nd (Monday) to 28th (Sunday) Sunday the 28th is the travel day.

Where: We are booked at the Sleep Inn at 222 Jefferson Highway Staunton, VA 24401

Get your reservations in as soon as possible!!! This will allow me to increase the room block when we need more rooms available to the group. Let's sell this place out!!!

To make reservations call 540-887-6500 and pick option 2 or ask for the front desk. Tell them that you want to book a room in the M109Riders group. DO NOT! choose the reservations menu or you will be put to the corporate site--- and you need that hotel extension (front desk) to keep from it getting screwed up. If they say that they are booked, please reply to this post and I will check on it. The rate is $82.99 plus taxes per night and includes breakfast. Some people have expressed that they want to come down earlier or stay later. If that is something that you want to do, you will be extended the group rate. You can cancel up to 24 hours without any charges to you. A complimentary water hose and towels will be provided, as usual, by the hotel.

Below is a couple of things that are extremely important and worth mentioning:

The back of the hotel is reserved for motorcycle parking only. Let the front desk know upon check-in if you have a trailer, they should direct you on where to park. Please see the image on the website home page indicating where you may park. If you park a car, truck or trailer in the back parking lot, you will be asked to move it. We are expecting a lot of motorcycles and need the parking spaces.

We have multiple routes plus some of those routes being reversed. Groups are released at separate times so everyone is not clustered together when heading out. If you have people you want to ride with, find an open route that can accommodate the number of riders you have.

Many of you may have ridden in packs before, but you also may be riding with others who have not. These are mountain roads that are technical in some areas. To be able to enjoy the ride, it's important to get everyone on the same page.

This post will be updated as the season moves along, so remember to check for updates.

Mid-Atlantic Meet Facebook page

See less See more
#150 ·
and a few more, the yellow thing is a Chinese scooter with training wheels. Dude drivin' it musta been about 85.

Attachments

#151 ·
last few pics, I should have taken more right? One is me holding Kevin's big set of nuts. Other is some of the shale accumulation behind hotel.

Attachments

#152 ·
I think you guys have most of the pictures covered, but I will attempt to download mine today and see what I have. But again, it was a wonderful time as always. Looking forward to next year already. And I will be announcing the spyder rally in the event that some of you guys would like to come and crash our little party. It will be held in Maggie Valley, NC (home of some of the best roads in America), and we will be there from October 7-11. Not the peak of the leaf season, but there will be some good color up high. More information to come.
Couple of big shout out, One to Sean for leading us through some great roads in the area. Wasn't sure what to expect, but they were pretty sweet. Another shout out to Kevin for hosting another great experience at his home with an awesome shrimp boil and some nice BBQ pork (I'm sure it was pork, he got me in 2017 with that gator). Also a big shout out to him for showing the city fellas (especially Andy) a little country life (chickens, cows, garden). I am familiar with all that, as I am also a country boy at heart.
Another big shout out to Reams for bringing the grill and doing his thing (the brother even baked biscuits on that thing).
One more shout out to Mark for doing his exercise thing even while on vacation to help motivate me when I got home.
A shout out to the Matt for organizing and getting us set up in a sweet hotel with a place that appreciates us.
And finally a big shout out to Percy who is like a big old teddy bear that loves to laugh and have fun. Guess I see a lot of myself in this brother, and love living life as it is meant to be lived. One day at a time, and to the fullest.
Great meeting everyone again, and these are truly memories that last a lifetime.
To all of you who didn't make it, you were missed, and we will be looking for you next year. Especially that young "Thundercat" that came down from Maryland on Friday. Guy is 31, looks 18 (looks like he just started to shave), and rides like a true pro.

#153 ·
Ok guys, check you bank accounts. One member got hit by an RFID reader at the meet at where ever gas station. They did hit him for a decent amount. I am still good. Most of us filled up across the street. My guess is this happened away from the hotel---- unless more pop up with similar issues. Post up if you had similar problems. He did say that one hit did not happen until the last day or so.

#154 ·
I guess I would be the one most at risk, since I had to fill up more often than anyone else. I just checked and did a total of 13 fill ups over the 5 days (not including the 3-4 that I did with cash). Nothing looked out of the ordinary. I hope everyone else comes out OK. Haven't moved the bike since my return. Hope to get out and ride a little this weekend.

#156 ·
Finally got reservations.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.