The Official 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 155

Thread: The Official 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

  1. #61
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    I will be laying back a little this year. Been really enjoying the spyder a lot lately and have lost a step when it comes to being a speed demon on the 2 wheeler. But what little I have lost in the curves, Mr. Max will make up on the straights. Can't wait to get back up there in Staunton and do it all over again. In fact, the last time I was there, I was on the spyder. This time I plan on bringing the Vmax though. Counting down the days.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #62
    Very Active Member tonymontanna1983's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    White Castle, Louisiana
    Posts
    994

    Default

    One of these years my work schedule will allow me to ride to this meet again. Have fun yall!

  4. #63
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tonymontanna1983 View Post
    One of these years my work schedule will allow me to ride to this meet again. Have fun yall!
    Try not to work to hard Tony. Hope to see you again on my travels.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #64
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Not sure if the Canadian border will open up in time?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  7. #65
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Not sure if the Canadian border will open up in time?

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    Really? I know of a guy that is driving to Alaska and crossed about 4-5 days ago. Is the border more closed for you leaving bs us coming in?
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  8. #66
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    Really? I know of a guy that is driving to Alaska and crossed about 4-5 days ago. Is the border more closed for you leaving bs us coming in?
    He is crossing in to Canada to get to US, different than if he wanted to just go joy riding in Canada

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  9. #67
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    He is crossing in to Canada to get to US, different than if he wanted to just go joy riding in Canada

    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
    whos to say that he could not tour around a little and the cross back over on the NW boarder crossing weeks latter? I would think is he was carrying commerce, like professional driver it is a little different.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  10. #68
    Very Active Member Bobby1048's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Uniontown Ohio
    Posts
    583

    Default

    Hi guys, bad news, I wont be attending MAM this year. Resources are officially non-existent. I will be with you guys in spirit.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    US Army Retired
    2010 Ford F-150 Supercrew 4x4 (The Bat)
    2013 Kawasaki Vulcan Voyager I call him Spock

  11. #69
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,087

    Default

    Checking in 3 weeks from tomorrow. Cant wait!







  12. #70

  13. #71
    Very Active Member Blessed Biker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Location
    Stafford, VA.
    Posts
    101

    Default

    I will be there.
    Clear tall Vstream / OEM Black Engine guard / PowrPro Black / REVO 6" Bass Cannon/ Some 9 L.E.D.s / Revo Rear cowl LED / Swampwork LED Rear turn signals / Corbin Seat. / Airnott Air Ride / Revo Devil Eye.

  14. #72
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Poseidon View Post
    Bro, I been going to the Maggie Valley area for 12 years in a row, sometimes 2-3 times a year, and I still get excited! Great video. Big Mike is having to pull out due to family obligations, and Enoch might not be able to make it since he had surgery a few weeks ago, but KD and myself will be there. Tell Georgia that I finally ordered the upgraded sway bar for the spyder, so I hope to see you guys in October as well. Which bike (or bikes) will you be bringing this time to the MAM? I have only ridden with you guys in Staunton for one of the MAM's (2017). I remember riding along, but don't remember a lot about the roads. I sure hope they don't disappoint. But if they are 1/2 as great as the ones around Maggie Valley, I will be happy. Besides, after every thing that is going on this year, I just need to get away for a week and hang with my biker brothers. Where color, politics, social status, etc., just all disappear. This will be officially my 5th MAM (one on the roush, the spyder, the M109, the Vmax, and again this year on the Vmax), and I have seen nothing but biker love at this event. I do miss what we used to call the "Pre Meet", but this is still going to be great, and looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals.
    PS, remember, I will be on the Vmax, so fuel stops will be important.

  15. #73
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,087

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    Bro, I been going to the Maggie Valley area for 12 years in a row, sometimes 2-3 times a year, and I still get excited! Great video. Big Mike is having to pull out due to family obligations, and Enoch might not be able to make it since he had surgery a few weeks ago, but KD and myself will be there. Tell Georgia that I finally ordered the upgraded sway bar for the spyder, so I hope to see you guys in October as well. Which bike (or bikes) will you be bringing this time to the MAM? I have only ridden with you guys in Staunton for one of the MAM's (2017). I remember riding along, but don't remember a lot about the roads. I sure hope they don't disappoint. But if they are 1/2 as great as the ones around Maggie Valley, I will be happy. Besides, after every thing that is going on this year, I just need to get away for a week and hang with my biker brothers. Where color, politics, social status, etc., just all disappear. This will be officially my 5th MAM (one on the roush, the spyder, the M109, the Vmax, and again this year on the Vmax), and I have seen nothing but biker love at this event. I do miss what we used to call the "Pre Meet", but this is still going to be great, and looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals.
    PS, remember, I will be on the Vmax, so fuel stops will be important.
    Only 50 more miles, youll be fine!

    Im not sure if Georgia is going to make it. She was talking about riding out and meeting me there on friday. If that is the case, I plan on bringing the 9 and the Connie. If she changes her mind and wants me to haul the Spyder in the trailer, Ill probably just bring the Connie.

    The routes in the area range from mild to wild. There are some really good routes over in WV. Most of the routes in VA I ride all the time, so it is fun to push further west when we are in Staunton.

    Only thing Im wondering is if the restaurants are still going to be takeout only, or if we will be able to stop in some of them. I really like the two in Staunton that we always eat at when the MAM is there. Then there is the old farm house down quite a ways south of Staunton off the BRP. It would also be great if Devils Backbone is open and has some live music on their stage.

  16. #74
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Ontario is on lockdown until June 30th, so it looks like no travelling for me..... :(

  17. #75
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Ontario is on lockdown until June 30th, so it looks like no travelling for me..... :(
    Sorry to hear this Brad. Keep safe and healthy.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  18. #76
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Ontario is on lockdown until June 30th, so it looks like no travelling for me..... :(
    I was reading June 22nd for border to open up? Did you hear different?
    https://www.wkbw.com/news/local-news...-until-june-21
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  19. #77
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,087

    Default

    If that is the case, I expect to see you and the Batbike at the MAM Brad!

  20. #78
    Very Active Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Newmarket, Ontario
    Posts
    1,338

    Default

    Don't see it opening if province still had lockdown until end of month.


    Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

  21. #79
    Very Active Member StitchsLoft's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Wellsville, NY
    Posts
    186

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BradSmith View Post
    Don't see it opening if province still had lockdown until end of month.
    No reason for them to be under lock down, this why I hate politics! Trying to see friend of mine lives up there!
    ~Stitch

    2008 M109R2 AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. by STARK INDUSTRIES


  22. #80
    Very Active Member crazytrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    manakin sabot va
    Posts
    1,316

    Default

    Be there tue -sat! Bronx grillin Baby! Oh yea! Cyall soon! Cj.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Tempting Fate, One 9 at a Time!

  23. #81
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    I still plan on coming, even if I have to sneak across the NC/Va border. But is Va officially open for travel yet? Do the resturants have dine in, or will we be eating on the curb like we have done here in NC since the pandemic?

  24. #82
    Very Active Member Crispy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Oshawa
    Posts
    217

    Default Canada and U.S. border closed for another month

    The extension to the border closure that was announced a month ago was set to expire on May 20. However, now the border will remain closed until June 21.

    Odds are it will be extended again. IF By chance they do open it I am hoping to whip down!


    "If you're not doing what you love, then you're wasting your time."

  25. #83
    Very Active Member UVATom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    Concord, VA
    Posts
    344

    Default

    Restaurants are opening back up but at 50% capacity. Masks are required in indoor public places unless eating or drinking.

    https://www.vdh.virginia.gov/coronav...safer-at-home/

  26. #84
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by crazytrain View Post
    Be there tue -sat! Bronx grillin Baby! Oh yea! Cyall soon! Cj.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Great shot CJ.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  27. #85
    Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Apex, North Carolina
    Posts
    4,043

    Default

    Well, it is official, reservations made for 6/22-28! Getting the Vmax serviced tomorrow and ready to start packing. Normally I would have gone on at least 2 little getaways by now, but this dang virus has been putting a hold on things. So I am ready to get out and have some fun. Looking forward to doing some social distancing with you guys and gals.
    Edit:
    Get ready! Got the bike back from my mechanic and it was given a clean bill of health! So look out for Mr. Max, as he will be coming to town. Get used to looking at this view, as this is what most will be looking at. Well, until we have to stop at each and every service station for gas on our little trips out. Can't wait, 10 more days to go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20200525_112500061.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	110.0 KB
ID:	388726 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20200525_112716806.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	388728 Click image for larger version.

Name:	IMG_20200525_112752939.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	53.5 KB
ID:	388730
    Last edited by blacklightning; 4 Weeks Ago at 02:47 PM.

  28. #86
    Very Active Member Big-B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MoCo Maryland
    Posts
    16,258

    Default

    Had to bail. Still in rehab for my shoulder. Thanks to getting a late start from my company to have surgery this is the 3rd vacation I have had to cancel including last years mam as well. Maybe next year.

    IT'S NOT ABOUT HOW FAST YOU GET THERE, IT'S ABOUT THE RIDE ITSELF. TAKE YOUR TIME AND ENJOY IT!!

  29. #87
    Very Active Member Dam Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Huntington.West Virginia
    Posts
    1,482

    Default

    I am trying to hold off to have my right shoulder rebuilt. After summer time riding is over with. Not sure if I want to do MAM 2020 and not have both arms.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

    Air Ride, Irate Grill, LED turn signals,Trick True Fire paint with Dragons,Over 500 LEDS,TI Peg feelers, Freedom exhaust. Coastal Moto Chrome rim 10" 300 Avon, SUMO-X 26"Rim tire /Dam Guy's Custom Fender, Modded Swing arm, SUMO-X 9 Degree Triple trees.

  30. #88
    Very Active Member Poseidon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Chesterfield, VA
    Posts
    5,087

    Default

    Well, Ill be there Saturday 6/20 - 6/28 riding by myself if I have to. I did a day ride out to the BRP on the Magnum weekend before last. Had a blast. Cant wait to get out there for a solid week of riding! Hopefully more of you can make it, but Ill be going either way.

  31. #89
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dam Guy View Post
    I am trying to hold off to have my right shoulder rebuilt. After summer time riding is over with. Not sure if I want to do MAM 2020 and not have both arms.

    Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
    Do what you feel is best Bill. I hope your shoulder rebuild goes well and that you heal up quickly. Say hi to Debbie for me. Take care brother.
    Last edited by rynosback; 3 Weeks Ago at 10:53 PM.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

  32. #90
    Radio Active Member rynosback's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Traveling America
    Posts
    27,590

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Big-B View Post
    Had to bail. Still in rehab for my shoulder. Thanks to getting a late start from my company to have surgery this is the 3rd vacation I have had to cancel including last years mam as well. Maybe next year.
    keep on healing B.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
-->