M109 Rider Forums banner

The Official 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

21K views 156 replies 30 participants last post by  Zoom 
#1 · (Edited)
The Official M109R 2020 MId-Atlantic Meet Thread!!!!!

This is the 13th year for this event!!!!!! So.......

We are back home once again! This is going to be a great year to be on a M109R and be part of the MAM for 2020! This has always been the best location for the MAM and the largest attendance! We need all M109R riders to be apart of this great meet. Great roads, great views, great food, and great stories and memories from the parking lot after hours shenanigans. I want to see you all there!!!!
Welcome to the 13th Annual Mid-Atlantic Meet!!!

When: June 22nd (Monday) to 28th (Sunday) Sunday the 28th is the travel day.

Where: We are booked at the Sleep Inn at 222 Jefferson Highway Staunton, VA 24401

Get your reservations in as soon as possible!!! This will allow me to increase the room block when we need more rooms available to the group. Let's sell this place out!!!

To make reservations call 540-887-6500 and pick option 2 or ask for the front desk. Tell them that you want to book a room in the M109Riders group. DO NOT! choose the reservations menu or you will be put to the corporate site--- and you need that hotel extension (front desk) to keep from it getting screwed up. If they say that they are booked, please reply to this post and I will check on it. The rate is $82.99 plus taxes per night and includes breakfast. Some people have expressed that they want to come down earlier or stay later. If that is something that you want to do, you will be extended the group rate. You can cancel up to 24 hours without any charges to you. A complimentary water hose and towels will be provided, as usual, by the hotel.

Below is a couple of things that are extremely important and worth mentioning:

The back of the hotel is reserved for motorcycle parking only. Let the front desk know upon check-in if you have a trailer, they should direct you on where to park. Please see the image on the website home page indicating where you may park. If you park a car, truck or trailer in the back parking lot, you will be asked to move it. We are expecting a lot of motorcycles and need the parking spaces.

We have multiple routes plus some of those routes being reversed. Groups are released at separate times so everyone is not clustered together when heading out. If you have people you want to ride with, find an open route that can accommodate the number of riders you have.

Many of you may have ridden in packs before, but you also may be riding with others who have not. These are mountain roads that are technical in some areas. To be able to enjoy the ride, it's important to get everyone on the same page.

This post will be updated as the season moves along, so remember to check for updates.

Mid-Atlantic Meet Facebook page

See less See more
#57 ·
I realized recently that the fastest I ever ride is when I go to a bike rally and try to keep up during the rides. Will never forget doing 90 mph trying to stay with some of you dudes on a wet highway in North Carolina. Yikes!

#58 ·
Cvsinthehouse, I went to MAM in ‘18 had the 9 up to 90 when common sense kicked in, the rest of the crew was doing well above that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#60 ·
Cvsinthehouse, I went to MAM in '18 had the 9 up to 90 when common sense kicked in, the rest of the crew was doing well above that

I know what you're talking about Bobby, I had to get my bike repainted. There was a group of guys (I'm not calling no names) that sucked the paint off my bike when they passed by.

#61 ·
I will be laying back a little this year. Been really enjoying the spyder a lot lately and have lost a step when it comes to being a speed demon on the 2 wheeler. But what little I have lost in the curves, Mr. Max will make up on the straights. Can't wait to get back up there in Staunton and do it all over again. In fact, the last time I was there, I was on the spyder. This time I plan on bringing the Vmax though. Counting down the days.

#68 ·
Hi guys, bad news, I won’t be attending MAM this year. Resources are officially non-existent. I will be with you guys in spirit.

#72 ·
Bro, I been going to the Maggie Valley area for 12 years in a row, sometimes 2-3 times a year, and I still get excited! Great video. Big Mike is having to pull out due to family obligations, and Enoch might not be able to make it since he had surgery a few weeks ago, but KD and myself will be there. Tell Georgia that I finally ordered the upgraded sway bar for the spyder, so I hope to see you guys in October as well. Which bike (or bikes) will you be bringing this time to the MAM? I have only ridden with you guys in Staunton for one of the MAM's (2017). I remember riding along, but don't remember a lot about the roads. I sure hope they don't disappoint. But if they are 1/2 as great as the ones around Maggie Valley, I will be happy. Besides, after every thing that is going on this year, I just need to get away for a week and hang with my biker brothers. Where color, politics, social status, etc., just all disappear. This will be officially my 5th MAM (one on the roush, the spyder, the M109, the Vmax, and again this year on the Vmax), and I have seen nothing but biker love at this event. I do miss what we used to call the "Pre Meet", but this is still going to be great, and looking forward to seeing all you guys and gals.:bigthumbsup:
PS, remember, I will be on the Vmax, so fuel stops will be important.

#82 ·
Canada and U.S. border closed for another month

The extension to the border closure that was announced a month ago was set to expire on May 20. However, now the border will remain closed until June 21.

Odds are it will be extended again. IF By chance they do open it I am hoping to whip down!

#85 · (Edited)
Well, it is official, reservations made for 6/22-28! Getting the Vmax serviced tomorrow and ready to start packing. Normally I would have gone on at least 2 little getaways by now, but this dang virus has been putting a hold on things. So I am ready to get out and have some fun. Looking forward to doing some social distancing with you guys and gals.
Edit:
Get ready! Got the bike back from my mechanic and it was given a clean bill of health! So look out for Mr. Max, as he will be coming to town. Get used to looking at this view, as this is what most will be looking at. Well, until we have to stop at each and every service station for gas on our little trips out. Can't wait, 10 more days to go.

Attachments

#86 ·
Had to bail. Still in rehab for my shoulder. Thanks to getting a late start from my company to have surgery this is the 3rd vacation I have had to cancel including last years mam as well. Maybe next year.

#87 ·
I am trying to hold off to have my right shoulder rebuilt. After summer time riding is over with. Not sure if I want to do MAM 2020 and not have both arms.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

#92 ·
Well, I'll be there Saturday 6/20 - 6/28 riding by myself if I have to. I did a day ride out to the BRP on the Magnum weekend before last. Had a blast. Can't wait to get out there for a solid week of riding! Hopefully more of you can make it, but I'll be going either way.
Our numbers are down from the Raleigh group as well. But 2 of us will be riding up on Monday (6/22), one will be trailering up on either Monday or Tuesday, and 2 more might show up on either Thursday or Friday. Wife says that I will be placed in isolation for 14 days when I return (because of the virus), but it will be worth it. I just wanna ride!:doorag:

#91 ·
Bronx Grill won't make it this yr, sorry guys. So many reasons why I won't be there, hopefully next yr guys.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.