Need Motor mount help?

Thread: Need Motor mount help?

Default Need Motor mount help?

I'm trying to do the front mounts or the easiest ones, but I'm confused on where they are located? First I need to know if I need a different jack because I already have the Harbor Freight motorcycle jack? In the picks I need to know if I'm looking at the right thing? I'm trying to locate the uppers I guess? Let me know if I'm pointing at the mounts in the pics? Where are the fronts on the diagram? My rear master is removed, and everything else except the radiator.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_142600_1570390758558.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	31.2 KB 
ID:	385778   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_142342_1570390786009.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	385780   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	d_8082_1570391445925.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	31.1 KB 
ID:	385782  

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Step by step.

The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to... https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144372

Quote Originally Posted by UVATom View Post
    Step by step.

The #1 mod you can do to this bike....motor mount how to... https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=144372
    I've already read that, and watched Andy's video on YouTube

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

you don't mention if the link provided the answers you are looking for.

I've done the front & back mounts (not the bottom ... too difficult) and am very happy with the results. I have a better/truer feel for the bike while riding. My only suggestion is to get polyurethane mounts made by Scorp. If you do use stock mounts get the stiffest mounts you can. I believe the bottom mounts are more dense. Find out the part#s for all 3 mounts to determine the more dense mount.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!

Quote Originally Posted by asillito View Post
    you don't mention if the link provided the answers you are looking for.

I've done the front & back mounts (not the bottom ... too difficult) and am very happy with the results. I have a better/truer feel for the bike while riding. My only suggestion is to get polyurethane mounts made by Scorp. If you do use stock mounts get the stiffest mounts you can. I believe the bottom mounts are more dense. Find out the part#s for all 3 mounts to determine the more dense mount.
    No, the links didn't help much. I've done plenty of research. I need to know if I need a different jack to line up the motor? I'm trying to do the same ones as you, but can you tell me if I'm pointing to the right mounts in the pics? The front mounts are right by or in between the footrest, right? Is the other one by the ignition switch?

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Here is a picture of the upper mount. It's below the ignition switch. Your second picture is the general area for the front mounts once you remove the brake pedal bracket. We used a center stand while replacling the mounts from SCORP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6904.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	385800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6903.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	385802
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6905.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	31.4 KB 
ID:	385796   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6902 (1).jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	26.3 KB 
ID:	385798  
    Last edited by BIG MIKE 109R; 2 Weeks Ago at 12:11 PM. Reason: add pictues

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by jdirving View Post
    Step by step.

I've already read that, and watched Andy's video on YouTube
    As far as the jack goes, you need something to hold the bike up straight but leaves enough room to use another jack and a block of wood to hold the motor. It really all depends on how big your bike jack is. Put it back as far as possible and strap it down and see if it holds the bike up straight (doesn't need to actually lift it up). Then get another jack and see if there is enough room to support the motor.

As far as the mounts go, look thru the bike from one side looking to the other with a light and you can see the rubber mounts. I thought that part was in the link but maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    Here is a picture of the upper mount. It's below the ignition switch. Your second picture is the general area for the front mounts once you remove the brake pedal bracket. We used a center stand while replacling the mounts from SCORP.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6904.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	35.3 KB 
ID:	385800Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6903.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	23.7 KB 
ID:	385802
    This basically exactly what I was explaining, but the drawing of it looked different to me. How hard is the one to change by the ignition switch? Did you have to loosen every bolt that Andy did on the YouTube video? I probably won't be using the Scorp. I'm just going to use the oem hard mounts.

Thumbs up

As far as the jack goes, you need something to hold the bike up straight but leaves enough room to use another jack and a block of wood to hold the motor. It really all depends on how big your bike jack is. Put it back as far as possible and strap it down and see if it holds the bike up straight (doesn't need to actually lift it up). Then get another jack and see if there is enough room to support the motor.
    Power, looks and style ... nuff said !!