Andyís Build Thread- Transmission Issues. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 37 of 37

Thread: Andyís Build Thread- Transmission Issues.

  1. #31
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Eagerly awaiting the Black Friday codes to start ordering parts.
    Saw MeanCycles had a 5% code (TURKEY). The discount isn't huge and even after discount parts "seem" to be cheaper at www.oneidasuzuki.com

    Pricing is as follows;

    MC- $427.50 USD ($567.80 CAD) after discount. (REVO kit includes more plates than buying individually- NO GASKET)
    **With gasket and discount $450 USD (597.69 CAD)

    1S- $394.19 USD. ($523.56 CAD) Includes only parts listed above plus gasket.

    Yes, its not an apples to apples comparison. Based on this the One Suzuki setup is around $73.56 USD ($97.70 CAD) cheaper but is not a complete swap. My understanding is I'd have to reuse a few items.

    Part of me thinks the extra money would be well spent to have a completely new clutch (REVO Kit) that can be installed with no issue. The cheapskate part of me thinks go the One Suzuki direction....

    decisions, decisions....

    Due to the exchange rate and only a 5% discount at MeanCycles, I'm likely going to pass on the EVO Shift star kit. Might get this at a later date.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    3,124

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Eagerly awaiting the Black Friday codes to start ordering parts.
    Saw MeanCycles had a 5% code (TURKEY). The discount isn't huge and even after discount parts "seem" to be cheaper at www.oneidasuzuki.com

    Pricing is as follows;

    MC- $427.50 USD ($567.80 CAD) after discount. (REVO kit includes more plates than buying individually- NO GASKET)
    **With gasket and discount $450 USD (597.69 CAD)

    1S- $394.19 USD. ($523.56 CAD) Includes only parts listed above plus gasket.

    Yes, its not an apples to apples comparison. Based on this the One Suzuki setup is around $73.56 USD ($97.70 CAD) cheaper but is not a complete swap. My understanding is I'd have to reuse a few items.

    Part of me thinks the extra money would be well spent to have a completely new clutch (REVO Kit) that can be installed with no issue. The cheapskate part of me thinks go the One Suzuki direction....

    decisions, decisions....

    Due to the exchange rate and only a 5% discount at MeanCycles, I'm likely going to pass on the EVO Shift star kit. Might get this at a later date.
    Make sure you are comparing prices with shipping included as well.
    Both Meancycles and Oneida are great places to get parts but sometimes Onieda's shipping prices can be on the high side......just something to be aware of.

  4. #33
    Very Active Member Hogan109r's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Myrtle beach sc and cornelius nc
    Posts
    424

    Default

    Iíve ordered from revo plenty of times
    it isnít over night or 2 or 3 days
    More like 6 to 8 weeks!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. #34
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    Make sure you are comparing prices with shipping included as well.
    Both Meancycles and Oneida are great places to get parts but sometimes Onieda's shipping prices can be on the high side......just something to be aware of.
    Thank you for this. Luckily the order would be over MC's free ship amount so all in I feel they would be the better choice.
    I'll need to go a bit further with the checkout at Onieda to get an exact comparison.

    My sister is flying home with the parts at Christmas as she lives in Houston now. Us Canadian's need to be creative when it comes to shipping as International shipping along with duty/taxes can really hurt the wallet.
    Taking a 30% hit on the dollar is bad enough...
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  7. #35
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hogan109r View Post
    Iíve ordered from revo plenty of times
    it isnít over night or 2 or 3 days
    More like 6 to 8 weeks!!
    I'd be ordering from MeanCycles so fingers crossed its in stock. Did send a parts request email to confirm.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  8. #36
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    747

    Default

    And MeanCycles for the win.

    After discount and shipping factored in, MeanCycles price on the Revo Clutch kit and Gasket was $9 cheaper than the smaller parts list from OneideaSuzuki. (Oneidea's shipping prices were ridiculous)

    Now I'll wait for my sister to fly home on Dec 23.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


  9. #37
    Very Active Member Andy33's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    747

    Default

    Good news, my sister received a large box from MeanCycles yesterday.

    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	59719525263__2348A627-D072-47A4-9E72-0D7F435BF035.jpg†
Views:	8†
Size:	45.8 KB†
ID:	386252

    **Apologies, I cant seem to figure out why the site rotates photos?


    Next week I'm going to try and tackle the "Pin Mod" so I'm ready for my parts. Thankfully I've got about a week off at Christmas so I'd like to get this all installed while I'm off.

    Really hoping this is going to fix my shifting issues.....

    more to come.
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
-->