How many states traveled?

Thread: How many states traveled?

Default How many states traveled?

Just curious how many 9er's ride long distance. For those who do, how many states have you checked off?

I purchased mine new a year ago in Minnesota, rode through Wisconsin to get home to Illinois. Bike had 0 miles on odometer at dealership (0.4 on trip 1 & trip 2) and pulled in the driveway with 360. I've since gone east doing Indiana, Michigan, and Ohio. West doing Iowa, South Dakota, and Nebraska. South picking up Missouri, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, and Kentucky. And the Great Smoky Mountains for North Carolina, Georgia, and South Carolina. Longest trip yet was 1708 miles. It now has nine thousand miles on it. And almost no interstate miles.

That makes 18 states for me so far.
    (I have pics of every state sign except Minnesota)

So who travels on a M109r?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALARGAILINIAKYMIMNMSMONENCOHSCSDTNWI0000FFxlg.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	51.2 KB 
ID:	385572  
    Last edited by Pockets; 1 Week Ago at 05:19 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

I've traveled six states NC, VA, TN. SC, GA and FL in which I did not get pictures of any of the state signs. Normally when we go to the Smoky Mountains, it's 270 miles from home and during the four days we ride 250-300 miles a day. My longest ride in a day was 579 miles. We are planning a six week cross-country ride from east coast to west coast in 2020.
    Last edited by BIG MIKE 109R; 6 Days Ago at 08:46 AM.

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

I don't have many pictures of the signs, but I have traveled on my bike through:
    North Carolina
    South Carolina
    Virginia
    West Virginia
    Kentucky
    Georgia
    Tennessee

So, I guess that makes 7 states. As stated above, I am planning a 6 week cross country trip next year and hope to get a lot more done.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

For me; its been Nevada, Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Alabama

Farthest ride was from Phoenix, AZ to Kerrville, TX (956 miles in 18 1/2 hours). Speed limit outside of ElPaso is 85 mph and can really make good time.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG MIKE 109R View Post
    I've traveled five states VA, TN. SC, GA and FL in which I did not get pictures of any of the state signs. Normally when we go to the Smoky Mountains, it's 270 miles form home and during the four days we ride 250-300 miles a day. My longest ride in a day was 579 miles. We are planning a six week cross-country ride from east coast to west coast in 2020.
    Wow, 579 miles in one day. I don't think I've done over 400, but I try to stay off of interstates.

Not sure how you guys are pulling off a six week long ride but that sounds amazing.

I've been through NE CO UT AZ NM TX OK MO AR KS SD. My longest trip was 3,000 in 9 days and 8 states, and longest day was 585 in 8.5 hours on our way to this past sturgis. With my Ultimate seat 585 miles was a breeze. I will NEVER have any seat other than a Ultimate. I've put 24,500 on my 07 9 in 2.5 years. I can't stay off of her.

Very Active Member blacklightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post
    Wow, 579 miles in one day. I don't think I've done over 400, but I try to stay off of interstates.

Not sure how you guys are pulling off a six week long ride but that sounds amazing.
    The most that I have ever done in one day is 600 miles. That was a trip from Apex to the Outer Banks. As for the 6 week trip, I must say, I am cheating a little. I will be doing it on my spyder
    Name:  IMG_20170426_183627311.jpg
Views: 44
Size:  64.2 KB

Cool thread. Hope us Canadian's can play?

My biggest day ever distance wise was 703 km (436 miles) going Calgary to Missoula

US States
    Washington
    Oregon
    California
    Nevada
    Idaho
    Montana
    Wyoming
    Utah
    North Dakota
    South Dakota

Canadian Provinces
    Alberta
    British Columbia

• Vancouver Island
    2009 M109 LE
    ISO grips, Swing Wing pegs, Shifter/Brake pedal MOD, Rivco 2" Risers, V-Stream Windshield, Cobra Sissy Bar/Rack, Tach Relocated, Mini Bullet Signals, Scythe 2 Mirrors, Debadged, DeBeaved,
    RaceTech fork Springs, Progressive 465, LA Choppers 2" bones, Cycle House Kickstand, Chrome Stock Wheels, Freedom Exhaust, Goldwing Intake MOD + K&N filters, Cobra Power Pro

Default a few

Been in

Michigan
    Ohio
    Pennsylvania
    Maryland
    New York
    Vermont
    New Hampshire
    Maine
    Virginia
    West Virginia
    North Carolina

Canada
    Ontario
    Quebec
    New Brunswick
    Nova Scotia
    Prince Edward Island

All on a 2013 M109 2up can't wait to explore more places. Longest day 13 hours in the seat in the rain lots of fun.

Quote Originally Posted by blacklightning View Post
    The most that I have ever done in one day is 600 miles. That was a trip from Apex to the Outer Banks. As for the 6 week trip, I must say, I am cheating a little. I will be doing it on my spyder
    I once went coast to coast, and I cheated a little also. I did it in a Cadillac.

It needs to be on a 9 to count

Very Active Member BIG MIKE 109R's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pockets View Post

I have a Suzuki gel seat for seven years and never got the sore butt while riding. I like riding on the country roads in my area but the distracted drivers are terrible on the two lane roads. Now for the six week cross country ride, I have the stamp of approval from my CFO (wife).

JESUS IS LORD! 2008 Candy Max Orange Debeavered, Yana Shiki 2" bones, Grasshopper backrest, V&H Big Shots, Dunlop Elite-3 250 rear, Dunlop D251 150 front, LED brake lights, micro brite rear turn signals, Arlen Ness billet chrome grips, smoothie rear fender, ATRE, Wolo horn, Scorp motor mounts, Gel seat, Chrome M109R derby cover, A&R 6K HID.
    I fly low, those who fly low, fly long! BIG MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Andy33 View Post
    Cool thread. Hope us Canadian's can play?
    Heck yeah. It's bad a$$ when you guys that live in canadia have done more US states than most of us that live in them. 👍