Screw above the final gear

Thread: Screw above the final gear

Default Screw above the final gear

Hey everyone. Apologies if this is repeating but i cant find the info, probably because i dont know how this is called.

What is the screw on the final drive above the drain plug. i am trying to mount the license bracket, and of course it came with a tiny hole, so i need to drill it, but not sure what this is for and what it does.

also does anyone know what size this screw is (i can see that when unscrewed, there is nothing in there but an empty sealed hole), as i will need to buy a longer one in order to screw the drilled bracket to that hole.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

On the M109,this screw/bolt/plug serves no purpose.
    On the C109 (VLR1800) this bolt is refered to as a gear case pivot bolt connecting the swingarm to the final drive case.
    It is called an oil gallery plug in parts lists and is used for this purpose in the crankcase.
    The thread diameter is 16mm.

Quote Originally Posted by gary64 View Post
    On the M109,this screw/bolt/plug serves no purpose.
    On the C109 (VLR1800) this bolt is refered to as a gear case pivot bolt connecting the swingarm to the final drive case.
    It is called an oil gallery plug in parts lists and is used for this purpose in the crankcase.
    The thread diameter is 16mm.
    Thanks Gary. I drilled a bigger hole in that bracket and got a longer screw. Fit perfectly.

I used to have a C but never really touched that screw.

Sent from my PCT-L29 using Tapatalk