Unfortunately we are having to suspend our ECU tuning business for the next week or so due to an approaching hurricane.
We have received all expected ECU's and all but one has been mailed out already. The last one (for a member of this forum) will be mailed out first thing in the morning.
For those of you I have been talking with who were planning to mail your ECU in the next few days, we ask that you please hold off until this hurricane has passed and we have reopened.
Estimated day to return to business as usual is Friday September 6th if all goes well.
I am over 4000 miles away and this hurricane is forecast to pass right over my home.
Not so much worried about the wind as we are about the water (rain and storm surge) where I live.
The area is only a couple of feet above sea level and susceptible to flooding in these kinds of events.
In fact the wife had to put up barriers, sand bag and pump water just a week or so ago to keep water out of the house. That was only from a bit of low pressure that stayed over us for days and dumped 15 - 18 inches of rain on us.
This storm has the potential to put many feet of water where my house sits.
My family is now starting to pack everything up and move it to higher ground, so we will be unable to perform any ECU tunes for at least the next week.
I am now trying to find a warehouse to rent inland that has a large enough bay door so I can get the dyno inside and under some cover.
Still hoping and praying that this storm will take a different path but its not looking that way, so we are starting to make preparations in anticipation for worst case scenario.
Its going to be a long week ahead and I wish I were home to help speed the process up and help secure our property and belongings.
Will post back when we are able to resume flashing ECU's
The red dot on the map below marks the approximate area where I live right on the coast.