Freedom dual sharp curve pipes

Thread: Freedom dual sharp curve pipes

Default Freedom dual sharp curve pipes

Just purchased a set of these from Mean Cycles and whilst they look great I am finding them a tad loud and a set of quiet baffles are a little pricey (how can baffles be half the exhaust system), so has anyone found a way of taking the edge off the noise without resorting to butchery.
    Any and all helpful comments will be appreciated and I'll stick WTB on the appropriate bit of the forum.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

i fitted a crossover pipe to my 2 into 2,s to quieten then down, it means that half of the exhaust pulse goes to each pipe/silencer
    so instead of 2 big pulses exiting 2 pipes (on a vee twin) or 2 big pulses exiting 1 pipe if you have a 2 into 1 exhaust
    you get 4 x half pulses instead, and that means you can run 2 x smaller exit holes in the pipes (but keep the same high gasflow)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20190811_14_45_19_Pro.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	68.1 KB 
ID:	385454  

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

General rule of thumb is a shorty exhaust is going to be loud.

Its a trade off to get that look.

The Cobra Swept exhaust has the same general look as the freedoms in a longer pipe and are much easier on the ears.

I have never heard the freedoms with quite baffles so cant really say how much difference adding those baffle will make.

BCS