Help!

Thread: Help!

Default Help!

ive had my bike for a week and i already broke the gear shift linkage. i found the parts i needed online for $12, but what a **** show. the little rod from the pedal to the shift mechanism is a brittle little piece. anyone else ever have this issue?

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Yikes, no - but I will be checking mine when I get home!

I've never heard of that happening in owning this bike for 13 years. WOW! Must have been some manufacturing error. Maybe the metal was on the thin side. Maybe it already had a kink in the tube. Who can say. But I've not heard of this one before.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    I've never heard of that happening in owning this bike for 13 years. WOW! Must have been some manufacturing error. Maybe the metal was on the thin side. Maybe it already had a kink in the tube. Who can say. But I've not heard of this one before.

the threaded end broke. looking at it, its a flimsy piece for the amount of use it gets. luckily the threaded wasnt stuck in the pivot. that could have been bad. just waiting on a new shift rod now. thanks Suzukipartshouse.com anyone else check that site. Any OEM part needed.
    Last edited by RFM1009; 08-12-2019 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RFM1009 View Post
    the threaded end broke. looking at it, its a flimsy piece for the amount of use it gets. luckily the threaded wasnt stuck in the pivot. that could have been bad. just waiting on a new shift rod now. thanks Suzukipartshouse.com anyone else check that site. Any OEM part needed.
    What year is your bike? If it's new, this should be covered under warranty I would think.

Default new bike

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    What year is your bike? If it's new, this should be covered under warranty I would think.
    It's a 2018. If the part wasn't so cheap, I'd go the warranty route. That little shift rod is $8.

It's a 2018. If the part wasn't so cheap, I'd go the warranty route. That little shift rod is $8.
    I have mine out now and it's pretty solid. I have a shortened one installed, so that I can have my quickshifter installed.

I am just above you in central Alberta, I could have driven mine to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    I have mine out now and it's pretty solid. I have a shortened one installed, so that I can have my quickshifter installed.

I am just above you in central Alberta, I could have driven mine to you. [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.m109riders.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif[/IMG]

That would have been nice. where did u find a shortened one? my shift pedal feels a bit high. a shorter one would be nice. seems like it would bring the pedal down a bit.

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

That would have been nice. where did u find a shortened one? my shift pedal feels a bit high. a shorter one would be nice. seems like it would bring the pedal down a bit.
    The arm that the back side of the shift rod connects to is splined, you can pull it off and move it back one spline, which will make your lever lower.

BCS

Quote Originally Posted by Bering_C_Sparky View Post
    The arm that the back side of the shift rod connects to is splined, you can pull it off and move it back one spline, which will make your lever lower.

BCS

thanks for the tip. i just looked at it and it sure is. just adjusted it. thanks.

shift linkage came today. back on. commence riding...