Fuel pump won’t prime

Thread: Fuel pump won’t prime

Default Fuel pump won’t prime

Hello everybody, I have some issue with my bike, I hope someone can give me advice how can I solve the issue.
    I’ve stopped the bike at a gas station and when I tried to start it, it wouldn’t start. I’ve checked the battery and it was really hot. I put jumper cables from another car and the bike started, but the moment I moved the cables out, the bike went off and burned head light and position light. The pump not primes and the bike wont start. The switch is on, the bike is i neutral and I’ve checked the kick stand switch. I’ve replaced the battery with new one and it’s the same situation. All the dashboard lights are working, I only notice that the pump doesn’t prime. I’ve checked all the fuses, they are all OK. I’ve removed the gas thank and when I checked the fuel pump connector, I’ve noticed that there is no power in it. I’ve checked all the 3 relays plus the bigger one in front of the battery and they all are good.

Can I get any assistance or guidance how can I fix my issue, maybe someone out there have had sam problem as mine.

All suggestions are more than welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member

the voltage controller might be over-volting ? going by the hot battery and blown bulbs, i would check the output first (ideally 14v ish)

Quote Originally Posted by frankj View Post
    the voltage controller might be over-volting ? going by the hot battery and blown bulbs, i would check the output first (ideally 14v ish)

Try the yellow wire at the rear of the tank , might have come adrift.

Hope this helps . Also may be bad ground at engine , trace from negative from battery.

Gez
    Last edited by supergez; 08-10-2019 at 02:35 PM.
    1 De/sticker .<br />2Iso grips throttle boss x 2 red accent rings.<br />3Engine bars<br />4Drive shaft cover.<br />5# Plate (Gez 09) chrome<br />6Exhaust ( baffles ) modded. <br />7Chrome side mount rego holder.<br />8Tank bra <br />9Jsd-3m<br />10Polished M109R res cover<br />11Smoke Indicator Lenses.<br />12Stebel horn &nbsp;right cover).<br />13Suzuki backrest and rack.<br />14Widow pegs <br />15Polished M109R engine cover.<br />16Blueant Inter .<br />17Nokia 6110 nav phone.<br />18Home made rad grille suz +&#39;s&#39;.<br />19) Braided brake lines.<br />20KN filters/modded holleys.<br />21Elite 3 250 f/b<br />22KM tach <br />23Swing arm cover<br />24pc3 /rc mods<br />25c/f gel seats<br />26bc clutch

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

It might be ECU the issue, I’ve took out mine and I will try it on another bike tomorrow to see how it will react.
    If this is the case, I will have to get a replacement for the ECU.

Possibly the yellow connector behind headlight is bad. On mine if thats unplugged the pump won't prime. Found that out installing new turn signals. Testing with the headlight off wouldn't run start.

Unfortunately none of the possible reasons is the cause. It’s the ECU.
    I’ve put mine ECU to a friends bike and it has exactly the same symptoms.
    I will need a replacement &#x1f61e;
    Any way, thanks a lot to all of you that tried to assist me.

Very Active Member

praps need a voltage reg too eh, dont want to overvolt the new ecu

Quote Originally Posted by frankj View Post
    praps need a voltage reg too eh, dont want to overvolt the new ecu
    That’s for sure, unlikely the voltage regulator MUST be replaced as well &#x1f61e;