M109 Rider Forums banner

My first Meancycles order arrived today

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  Bering_C_Sparky 
#1 ·
That new Revo headlight
Flatz front turn signals
Under fender knight rider
And the LED flasher

It was fun installing everything and I'm just waiting for night time to get out and see how well the head light is!

See less See more
#4 ·
It was brutal..... the initial purchase of $750US for everything came to $1000cdn.... then shipping cost of $70US came to another $90cdn..... then today was another $140cdn for duty

So basically I spent $1230 on lights..... brutal.... but they look so awesome lol

#5 ·
I need to do the Flatz and the under fender signals. Already have a clear tail light, just want another brake light with surn signals under the fender. I've ordered from Mean Cycles a few times, never been any problems.

#6 ·
The weird part about my under fender lights, the turn signals would not work when the brake light was on.... I just cut the wire that gives the knight rider the brake light signal so I at least have turn signals, which was the main reason for the purchase in the first place

#9 ·
I thought it was easy, remove the headlight (had to come off anyway to install the revo light) the factory turn signals are held on by one screw each, I cut the connectors off to wire onto the blinker genie (comes with the FLATZ so they run properly, one per side) wired everything up accordingly and they're held on by 2 sided tape

#14 ·
I have a set of mirrors on my mind with built in turn signals, the FLATZ aren't as visible as I hoped

And exhaust, this bike needs to be heard coming lol

Looking good! Were rocking the same mods ! I went with the Chrome Glow undertail though because it's a running light/brake and amber turn signals all in one. The Revo doesn't do that.

Do you find the Flatz bright? I was kinda disappointed with them in direct sunlight. Plus I gotta figure out why my blinker indicators are dimly lit on the dash after Flatz install

View attachment 385386 View attachment 385388
After I bought the knight rider, I found the chrome glow you have, which I honestly like a lot more since you don't see the individual LED's like on my knight rider.... so I do plan to buy the chrome glow at a later date and sell the knight rider, (or hang onto it in case I ever buy another 9) lol

The guys I've been riding with tell me when I'm following them, they can't see the FLATZ past the headlight, at night they're somewhat visible but overall I'm disappointed theyre not brighter

I don't have the dim indicator light problem you describe though, mind aren't working exactly as I expected them too.... after the LED flasher was installed as well of course lol

Since I love the clean look of the FLATZ I'm going to keep them, but I want my signals to be seen, so I'm going to add these mirrors

#12 · (Edited)
Looking good! Were rocking the same mods ! I went with the Chrome Glow undertail though because it's a running light/brake and amber turn signals all in one. The Revo doesn't do that.

Do you find the Flatz bright? I was kinda disappointed with them in direct sunlight. Plus I gotta figure out why my blinker indicators are dimly lit on the dash after Flatz install

Tire Sky Wheel Cloud Fuel tank
Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive tire Automotive lighting

#13 ·

View attachment 385386 View attachment 385388
This happened to me because I had the ground and running light wires connected to the flatz mixed up. When I swapped them, the glowing indicators went away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.