M109 Rider Forums banner

Air ride question

2K views 16 replies 5 participants last post by  Ajdixon 
#1 ·
Anybody running air ride with lowering bones or is it recommended to run it with stock bones only?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#2 ·
Depends on which air ride you go with. Arnott requires the adjustable lowing bone to get the correct ride height as it will be higher than stock when aired up without them.

For most (if not all) other air ride systems, you will want to use stock bones. Lowering bones and most air rides don't work well together. If the air ever leaks out while riding, the bike would bottom out on the rear tire, potentially causing a flat, which could cause an accident.

#9 ·
Which system(brand) is that?

#12 ·
looks right to me I'm running the same system. love the digital gauge I have a manual on mine.Only mod I did to mine was add air tank with a cutout switch for quick up..hated waiting for it to pump up. used a paintball tank and a couple of fittings. keep getting asked if that's a NOS bottle lol

Attachments

#13 ·
Oooo I like that! Going to look into that mod for sure.

The digital gauge is still giving me a little bit of problems. It turns off sometimes when I activate the down solenoid.

I can't see from the picture but did you change your kickstand? Looks like I might need a shorter one

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

#16 ·
yea I get asked that frequently ,Thats actually a shift knob I had laying around I decided to adapt it there so on long rides
I can actually rest my arms on it and still feel like a gripping the bike ..weird but feels cool and also looks like it belongs there

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.