M109 Rider Forums banner

Beaver-Free turn signal custom mount

3K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  BOSS_man 
#1 · (Edited)
Well... removing the beav is nothing new but it does create a small problem because integrated tail lights aren't exactly the best and most visible way to signal your intentions to depart the current highway. Friends tell me on sunny days they can't even see my integrated signal when it's on. So, I started thinking about how to get around that little problem without messing up my clean rear end, and I think what I came up with is pretty darn good.

So the thing is I never plan on putting bags on my BOSS, just not my bag, so if you have noticed the rear bolt has a nut and just comes right out leaving a nice mounting hole for turn signals. Well I got my slide rule out and cross checked things with my protractor and TI pocket calculator and by golly this could actually work.
I checked the threads on the signals I had already bought (for the front, but they sent a 4 pack so I had 2 leftover). They are metric ... 10mm x 1.5 pitch. Well wouldn't you know it the hole just happens to be the perfect size to run that tap through. So I tapped both sides and after screwing in the signals, I used the nut screwed on backwards as a jam nut against the frame of the bike. Perfect, it holds the bag mount cover just like the bolt and nut did, and the one in the front is on nice and tight too.
Now if I ever did want to put bags on, the fact that I threaded the hole won't matter a bit. I consider this mod a win win. Looks great, BOSS themed, works perfect, increased visibility and safety, all with no downsides.

Disclaimer - I haven't seen anyone else take this approach, but if you did, sorry I didn't know. I did search the board.

Here are some pics to show how it went

. Light Automotive lighting Camera lens Line Camera
Automotive tire Wheel Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle
Hood Automotive lighting Bicycle tire Automotive tire Automotive exhaust
Bicycle part Tire Gas Automotive tire Thumb
Finger Bumper Material property Gas Rim

See less See more
#2 ·
rest of the pics

Attachments

#3 · (Edited)

Attachments

#4 ·
Good job on that turn signal mod Luap.😊👍 Not to diminish your accomplishment, but it has been done by several members in the past, using a variety of turn signal styles. Each style gives the bike it’s own unique look/spin, which looks very good...especially when the turn signals blend/flow with the scheme of the bike.

GREAT JOB!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.