2017 M90

Thread: 2017 M90

Default 2017 M90

New to the forum but not to riding,currently ride A 2013 ZX6R but I'm getting older now and the back just cant take the lean over anymore.I have been looking at A leftover 2017 M90 in black,I am seriously considering the trade.My biggest question I have is will the M90 bore me compared to the Ninja?I can't take the ninja on long rides as its just too uncomfortable but I do quite a bit of around town riding that I love on the ninja.How does the M90 do in slow speed town riding?I assume it will be much better for highway use.How would the acceleration compare to the two bikes?unfortunately here you can't test drive the bikes before buying them so I can't compare myself so I have to rely on reviews and youtube for info.I just don't want to regret the purchase and I know nobody can answer that question but all the info I can gather helps.Maybe there is someone here that went through the same ordeal that will chime in.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Deal is done and got her home tonight,had my first ride and I'm quite impressed with it.Power is really good but its low end power which suits me fine,torque is amazing,twist the throttle and it just pulls.Its not the screaming power of a sports bike but to me its more usable power.Gears are really tall or long,barely get it out of 2nd and third can do the highway speeds no problem.hit 4th and she really don't seem to like it at 100 KPH.To be honest 5th gear is almost useless unless your racing,maybe if the vibration settles down with miles it will be used more but as of now I have no need for 5th.It really feels light while driving,loves to turn,very nimble feeling.This is my first cruiser and I got on her tonight and it was as if I have been using it for years.Very easy to ride,as for comfort I did feel some discomfort in the tail bone and butt cheek but nowhere near what the ZX6R gave me.I'm very pleased with the bike,was a bit sceptical about giving up the ninja for a cruiser but so far no regrets.If anybody is in the same boat about giving up on their sports bike and going cruiser you won't be disappointed with a M90,I can only imagine the power the M109 must have.

Welcome to M family. A new seat will probably help with the comfort. Just curious why you didn't go with a 109. Hope you enjoy the bike. The biggest thing with a cruiser is the money spent making it your own.

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I did think about the 109 but it was $4000 dollars more to buy,I was intending to look at one when I went to the dealer but it got sold before I got there.The M90 I got is black which I love just wish they came with the black pipes also.More power is always nice but the M90 has plenty for what I need,I read some threads here commenting on the M90's performance and some call it a slow pig and say dealers can't sell them cause its underpowered for the heavy bike.I don't know what they are used to for bikes cause the M90 has plenty,if you need more power from a bike then your not cruising your racing.

Although I see where you’re coming from with your last sentence, I think it’s just nice to know that you COULD race the thing if you really wanted to. That and having a bike faster than 90% of the cruisers out there is also a plus!

I agree and completely understand. The only con I can think of is the aftermarket performance or cosmetic parts for the M90 might be a lot harder to find. There are new 2019 M109R's for $10,500 about 130 miles from my house. The only thing is they are just like my 06 that still runs great but without the chrome. They aren't giving me any reason to update.
    Last edited by UVATom; 4 Weeks Ago at 05:28 PM.

been trying to find adjustable short levers but not having much luck,think I will be looking into a seat and maybe some crash bars,possible a windshield.2nd ride tonight and thats usually when I start to find things to pick on,first is the twitchy throttle,then the engine braking is very abrupt.Would a fuel controller smooth this out?If so what would the best to buy?

Quote Originally Posted by etuke View Post
    been trying to find adjustable short levers but not having much luck,think I will be looking into a seat and maybe some crash bars,possible a windshield.2nd ride tonight and thats usually when I start to find things to pick on,first is the twitchy throttle,then the engine braking is very abrupt.Would a fuel controller smooth this out?If so what would the best to buy?
    You need to either get a TRE or the ECU flashed if someone is doing that for the M90 for the engine breaking and that might help the throttle too. The 9 has the same issues stock. As far as the other I am not sure what to tell you. You can try eBay.

Thanks for the info,just ordered the Gman atre,hope this is a good one.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190720_143700.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	103.7 KB 
ID:	384940

Pic of the bike