WTB Cobra Tri-Pro Chrome or Black, saddlebags for Sturgis project

Thread: WTB Cobra Tri-Pro Chrome or Black, saddlebags for Sturgis project

Default WTB Cobra Tri-Pro Chrome or Black, saddlebags for Sturgis project

We are building a custom M109r for Ricky Carmichael the motocross champion to ride to Sturgis.
    In search of a 2 into 1 pipe that we can modify to accept a Yoshimura muffler (his sponsor on dirt side). So condition of finish is not an issue. We only have a couple weeks to complete this build, can you help?

Anyone have a set of hard bags or recommendations, this is my first efforts on a M109r and time is of the essence. Teach me and educate please.

Thanks Brian Klock

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'd like to see a picturte of the finished exhaust with the Yoshimura exhaust on the Cobra Tri Pro. I have a Tri Pro on my 2006 M109R, and it's not available. But I may want to duplicate what you do since I also have the Yoshimura exhaust on my 2008 Suzuki B-King. I love Yosh exhausts, they are the most bad-ass sounding of all of them.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010003.jpg 
Views:	19 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	384770   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	01010004.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	68.8 KB 
ID:	384772  
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Very Active Member Bering_C_Sparky's Avatar

Its not a Tri Pro......it is a Vance & Hines Pro Pipe but it is very similar in design from the Y forward.

A member just said he would sell it today.

Check out post #17 in this thread https://www.m109riders.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347112

BCS

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

What are you mixing up Bering? This post was started by Mrwerks. The one you linked by jdirving. Two different people. The person who started this post put Tri Pro in the title.

Want to see the finished pproduct in any event. Want to see what particular Yoshimura muffler they are using. See if mine can be so modified. Many years ago, I took a DG 6-into-1, cut off the muffler at the collector, and bolted on a Yoshimura competition can. Should be able to do the same with the Tri Pro.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 1 Week Ago at 02:46 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by cbxer55 View Post
    What are you mixing up Bering? THis post was started by Mrwerks. The one you linked by jdirving. Two different people. The person who started this post put Tri Pro in the title.

Want to see the finished pproduct in any event. Want to see what particular Yoshimura muffler they are using. See if mine can be so modified. Many years ago, I took a DG 6-into-1, cut off the muffler at the collector, and bolted on a Yoshimura competition can. Should be able to do the same with the Tri Pro.

Did not think I was mixing anything up.
    OP of this post is looking for Tri Pro exhaust so he knock the can off the end and add a different one.
    I don't know anyone selling a Tri Pro at the moment (even though I have one I "Could" sell him) so I linked him to that thread started by jdirving and in post 17 of that thread a member said he would sell his V&H Pro Pipe.

The V&H Pro Pipe is exactly the same thing as the Tri Pro from the Y forward so I cannot see why it would not work exactly the same for the application he is wanting to use it for.

If you still see where I missed something or am off base let me know.......cause I don't see it.....but it certainly would not be the first time I overlooked something if I am not correct on this.

BCS
    Last edited by Bering_C_Sparky; 1 Week Ago at 01:35 PM.

Did not read that entire thread, not of interest to me. So I didn't see the tie-in. My bad. Still want to see exactly what type of Yoshimura muffler they are going to use, so I can perhaps, do it to mine.

He's offering that pipe to jdirving, not Mrwerks. jdirving started the thread you linked, Mrwerks started this one.
    Last edited by cbxer55; 1 Week Ago at 02:51 PM.
    SILVER 2006 M109R.
    BLACK 2008 B-KING

Quote Originally Posted by MrWerks View Post
    We are building a custom M109r for Ricky Carmichael the motocross champion to ride to Sturgis.
    In search of a 2 into 1 pipe that we can modify to accept a Yoshimura muffler (his sponsor on dirt side). So condition of finish is not an issue. We only have a couple weeks to complete this build, can you help?

Anyone have a set of hard bags or recommendations, this is my first efforts on a M109r and time is of the essence. Teach me and educate please.

Thanks Brian Klock
    Only hard bags I know of for the 9 are Corbin and Tsukayu unless you go full custom which will require body work and rear fender.

For exhaust, have you looked into any other 2 into 1 pipes out there? Side burner and velocity pro are probably the 2 most common, but there are a few others as well. Pretty tight schedule to have it all done by sturgis if you are still sourcing parts!

OP....if you find yourself in a bind and cant find a Tri Pro I have one.

I was not looking to sell it but I will if you really need it.

It is used and the baffle has been removed (I have the baffle though) I bought it this way.

I paid $325 shipped for it and would sell it to you for the same price if you can't find anything else in time.

BCS

Default Updates

Thanks everyone, I appreciate the help. I am not the best at forum posting but will try and keep you all updated as we love the passion for the M109r and you have been very helpful. This will happen quickly as we are just 3 short weeks from Sturgis. We did order the Corbin bags on a rush, Mike Corbin himself has always been a help to me in this industry.

We hope to be ready for paint Monday, wish us luck!!