Speedometer getting stuck

Thread: Speedometer getting stuck

Default Speedometer getting stuck

Anybody experience this issue before?

The faceplate has been changed on the speedometer so I'm wondering if that's causing an issue to make it get stuck.

Even at start up it doesn't seem to go through the full range on the speedo, goes up to Abt 200 km and then comes back down to a bit above 0

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by DivkoviC View Post
    Anybody experience this issue before?

The faceplate has been changed on the speedometer so I'm wondering if that's causing an issue to make it get stuck.

Even at start up it doesn't seem to go through the full range on the speedo, goes up to Abt 200 km and then comes back down to a bit above 0

One thing to check would be the speed sensor. They sometimes are covered in metal fragments usually causing fluctuations if I remember correctly. It is located by the secondary. Have you had your tank off recently? As you could also have a lose pin in the plug. Had it been working with that faceplate?
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by rynosback View Post
    One thing to check would be the speed sensor. They sometimes are covered in metal fragments usually causing fluctuations if I remember correctly. It is located by the secondary. Have you had your tank off recently? As you could also have a lose pin in the plug. Had it been working with that faceplate?
    I'm not sure if it worked before. Bought the bike sight unseen type of thing and it gets stuck but if smacked will loosen up a bit. Might have to take it off to check on the pins

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

I'm not sure if it worked before. Bought the bike sight unseen type of thing and it gets stuck but if smacked will loosen up a bit. Might have to take it off to check on the pins

Maybe the needle is not seated correctly. Maybe the faceplate is not installed correctly. Since it is new to you and you have no background on it. I would disassemble everything and look at it.
    Coming to a city near you..
    Bang for the Buck Mods link
    CLICK HERE

Sounds like either the needle is getting hung up on the faceplate or the hole in the faceplate where the needle stem goes through may be binding it up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Took it apart. Re calibrated and it's working perfectly now. Only about 10 minutes worth of work as I didn't have to disconnect the speedo

Took it apart. Re calibrated and it's working perfectly now. Only about 10 minutes worth of work as I didn't have to disconnect the speedo
    Curious about what worked for you, for reference?
    Did you disassemble, pull the needle off and repeatedly put it back on until the sweep looked good?

Quote Originally Posted by NoSetFine View Post
    Curious about what worked for you, for reference?
    Did you disassemble, pull the needle off and repeatedly put it back on until the sweep looked good?
    Yep, after inspecting that the needle wasn't getting hung up, I pull the needle off, turn the ignition on, wait a few seconds for the sweep to finish and then installed the needle at 0. Checked the sweep, and then re adjusted a half dozen times or so to get it to line up as close as possible to 0

Yep, after inspecting that the needle wasn't getting hung up, I pull the needle off, turn the ignition on, wait a few seconds for the sweep to finish and then installed the needle at 0. Checked the sweep, and then re adjusted a half dozen times or so to get it to line up as close as possible to 0

You missed a chance to retard the needle by 5 or so mph to get a more accurate speed reading :)

Most people say that the speedo reads 5 to 8 mph higher than actual speed.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldi View Post
    You missed a chance to retard the needle by 5 or so mph to get a more accurate speed reading :)

Most people say that the speedo reads 5 to 8 mph higher than actual speed.
    Having it read higher can only be a good thing as it means the speeding fine will be smaller

When I did the same thing to mine, I attached the needle the same way. Power on after the sweep. Running it with my cell gps as a guide, I was withing 1 mph at 65 mph. Anything higher than that is really irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk