Backfire? Headpipe gasket?

Thread: Backfire? Headpipe gasket?

Default Backfire? Headpipe gasket?

Whats up guys, I went for a short ride yesterday after installing a new battery. And I noticed a few deceleration pops that I've NEVER had before. They all happened when I got on it hard and back off. I actually felt one on my leg. So now I'm thinking front pipe gasket. Its not loud or sound any different but that air hit my leg from somewhere and it seems like the only logical place. Id hate to think head gasket its running fine except for the pops I never had. I'm running a power pro black and was wondering if that did any funky **** when I changed my battery? its lite up like t
    its working and my app shows good. Any thoughts? I loosened the back of my pipe and tried snuggling up the head pipe and they were tight.

2. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

From your avatar pic it looks like you have swept pipes.
    Did you block off the PAIR valves? Aftermarket pipes + unblocked PAIR valves = pops on decel
    2008 M109R2 Black - Flat black rims, Smoked turn signals, K&N Replacement filters, 2006 Exhaust Debaffled, & HealTech GiPro A-TRE G2.

Quote Originally Posted by Sasnuke View Post
    From your avatar pic it looks like you have swept pipes.
    Did you block off the PAIR valves? Aftermarket pipes + unblocked PAIR valves = pops on decel
    Yes, I have done the block off plates, Goldwing intake mod with K&N filters, xtre, servo eliminators, power pro black, hard krome lg radius. Seems like im forgetting something else lol. But I did all those mods at the same time. and its always ran flawlessly. Never even a hiccup

5. Remove Advertisements
    M109Riders.com
    Advertisements

Very Active Member FlyingCircus's Avatar

could be as simple as the crush washers on your exhaust mounts to the head. Did you get new crush washers or use the original ones?

Yes I used new ones when I installed the pipes. I drove 1 1/2 hrs today to get a set of news. Just pulled my front pipe and it doesn’t look like anything was blowing by.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofasttoys View Post
    Yes I used new ones when I installed the pipes. I drove 1 1/2 hrs today to get a set of news. Just pulled my front pipe and it doesn’t look like anything was blowing by.

One more question. I have a buddy with a C109 that bought aftermarket pipes and they had O2 sensor holes in them and the bung plugs had come loose and fallen out

Also there are hoses that connect to the intakes. When I did my Pair valve block offs I blocked off those hoses